Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

50% Increase in Production From Major Golf Foundry

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Taipei, June 10, 2010 (CENS)--Thanks to intensive orders from international clients for the upcoming third quarter, O-TA Precision Industry Co., Taiwan`s leading golf equipment maker, is estimated to score revenues of more than NT$3.3 billion (US$100 million at US$1 = NT$33) in the second half of the year, for a projected sharp rise of 50% from the first half.

The company`s major international clients, including Nike, Ping, Bridgestone, Titleist, Cobra, TaylorMade, Mizuno and Honma, are to actively promote their brand golf products in the world market in the second half of the year. Among them Mizuno and Honma are reportedly to double orders placed with their Taiwanese contractors.

Lee Kung-wen, chairman of O-TA, said that the company has already received orders from TaylorMade, whose golf products account for 20% of the world market.

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://news.cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_32588.html

#TruthDigest

Good news for the golf industry, it's a trickle down effect, will eventually reach you and me, and the courses we play on, more money also means better conditions..;>

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I wonder if the forged Ping irons influenced this boost? Is forged the new buzz term for the marketing of equipment? There is a difference in in feel, of course, but it seems like forged offerings are really being marketed to the general/casual golfer too now.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived