Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Brandt Snedeker making equipment change to start the season

JBones

Hot off the presses, Sneds is making a BIG change.  This change may not be that big to most, but for those that know he has been gaming the same Taylormade Burner for years, it's pretty huge.

Straight from Bridgestone.....

Brandt is putting into play the new 2016 TOUR B330 and JGR Driver at Kapalua.  Brandt is seeing higher launch and better distance from the new ball off the tee, and much better greenside spin on his approaches.  Interestingly, Brandt just started testing the final version of the new balls last week, but with the immediate performance improvements he's seen from the new core and cover finish, he's already putting them in play.  The JGR Driver is the 9.5 degree version, and it is a big deal to him to have found something that kicks his trusty TaylorMade Burner out of the bag after all these years. Sneds has praised the JGR as being Bridgestone's highest launching and fastest ball speed driver he's ever tested.  

With tee times starting in a few short hours, we'll quickly be able to see how these changes affect his performance.

I think I'll leave him off my fantasy roster, until we see how this works out! ;)

(Now watch him win the tournament) - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Wonder if he'll switch back just for a comfort reason if he has a bad round driving the ball or will he battle through the growing pains.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

After his last win and he was still using that Burner I was curious to why he wasn't using a Bridgestone. That was my favorite driver I tried last year. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Pretty cool, always interesting to see what makes someone switch clubs when you see a pro gaming something that old.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Wish him the best.  It was cool to see him win with the Burner though!

Byron, Illinois

Right-handed

Handicap: 5

Driver: Cobra Fly-Z+ 8.5* Weigh back- Aldila Tour Blue 65 Stiff

3 Wood: Cobra Fly-Z+ 14.5*- Aldila Tour Blue 85 Stiff

Hybrid: Cobra Fly-Z 20.5*- Matrix VLCT Altus 75 Stiff

Irons: Titleist AP2 712 4-PW- Dynamic Gold S400

Wedges: Titleist SM5 52*, 56*, 60*- Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #9 32" SuperStroke Ultra Slim 1.0

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1 

I think I'll leave him off my fantasy roster, until we see how this works out! ;)

(Now watch him win the tournament) - lol

Should have picked him!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Should have picked him!!

I almost did change to him after I read this. But I remembered it was not his driving that has kept him off the leaderboard lately. Looks like he got the putter working again.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

He looks pretty sharp right now but I don't think Spieth is gonna give him too much help if things continue the way they are. Sneds is a majorly underrated player in my opinion, there's just so many good players right now that can get hot or might be a tad more marketable for one reason or another that he kinda gets overlooked but watch out for him to have a good season if this gear switch works out!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Archived