Marc Leishman -13

Round by Round Leader

Round 1 - Sang Moon Bae 63

Round 2 - Marc Leishman/Hudson Swafford/Paul Goydos 64

Round 3 - Will Wilcox/John Daly 64

Round 4 - Jimmy Walker 63

2016 Yahoo Expert Picks

1. MATT KUCHAR [YAHOO CLASS B] - WORLD RANKING: #16

Kuchar's profile fits this course like a glove and it's shown in the last five years. Kuch has played here four times in the last five years and hasn't finished lower than T8 in those four starts. In the four years prior to this run, he'd missed three of four cuts and his only weekend saw him finish T65. So, he's figured something out and it's time to ride him again this week.

2. JIMMY WALKER [YAHOO CLASS B] - WORLD RANKING: #12

I'm not sure there's much to say. He's won back to back at the Sony and comes in looking for the three-peat. If you want to fade him, that's fine, but I think there isn't any reason to leave him off your Group B crew this week.

3. BRANDT SNEDEKER [YAHOO CLASS B] - WORLD RANKING: #42

When Snedeker has that putter working, look out! He looked great last week and I believe his form will carry over into this week. He's one of my statistical favorites as well as he finished 2015 fifth in SG:P, 106th in SG:T2G, 35th in P4BOB, 57th in GIR

4. HARRIS ENGLISH [YAHOO CLASS A] - WORLD RANKING: #64

You'll see I'm putting a lot of faith in course history this week and English is another one with fantastic history here. English has finished in the top 10 each of the last three years. He made three of four cuts to start this season, but that hardly matters when it comes to Waialae.

5. MARC LEISHMAN [YAHOO CLASS B] - WORLD RANKING: #56

Leishman is six for six in cuts made and had his worst finish of his career last year with his T37. He has two top ten finishes and two other top 20s. So, the history is here even if he stumbled a bit last year. He's coming off a win in his last time out at the Nedback Golf Challenge in South Afirce and has been solid in the early part of this new season.

Well, my tradition of picking the wrong set of golfers, and then starting the ones that do really poorly continues with the Sony Open.  My only hope is that wbealsd chose even more unwisely....

Don't care if I win, I just don't want to finish behind Bill!!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Good Bye top 5. it was fun while it lasted. Now, I can work my bench because my starters....Sucked.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Well, my tradition of picking the wrong set of golfers, and then starting the ones that do really poorly continues with the Sony Open.  My only hope is that wbealsd chose even more unwisely....

That me as well. things are not looking good. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

That Sucks!

I selected matt Every as one of my A players for the tournament, only to find out today that he was not entered.  Why was he listed as playing the day before?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Well John, I'll lose half (or more) of my roster to the cut, if they don't step up!  I'm just lucky I had 2 players actually competing on day one.

That said, those 2 played VERY well and bumped me into 1st place in group one!

This is the only shot I'm giving you, so take advantage of it ;)

Tip: Walker won't 3-peat and you need to bump Kucher.  Kisner & Lingmerth need to be your starters.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Well John, I'll lose half (or more) of my roster to the cut, if they don't step up!  I'm just lucky I had 2 players actually competing on day one.

That said, those 2 played VERY well and bumped me into 1st place in group one!

This is the only shot I'm giving you, so take advantage of it ;)

Tip: Walker won't 3-peat and you need to bump Kucher.  Kisner & Lingmerth need to be your starters.

Now that I've swapped in Kisner for Walker it's pretty much guaranteed that Walker will go low today.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Now that I've swapped in Kisner for Walker it's pretty much guaranteed that Walker will go low today.

Yep - I did the same thing.  One thing you can say about Walker and, to a lesser extent, Reed -- he is Mr. January!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This sucks, My A and C Teams, all four players are currently below the cut line, but my B Team is currently 1, 2, and 3.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I'm actually doing pretty decent for once. Got lucky picking Sneds and Kelly but anything can happen on Sunday so I ain't gonna hold my breath

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Well, another lost weekend in Hawaii....

Both A players missed the cut, and I've had the incredible knack of playing Kuchar when he sucks, and not playing him when he rocks.

Have Snedeker and Kisner, so can hopefully salvage something out of this.

BTW - winner gets a box of Bridgestone's new prototype balls, you know, the #BestBallEver...autographed by a Bridgestone staffer...

Any guesses?  It's a multiple major winner....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Which Tour? ;)

I'll go with Kerrie Webb! 

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I put Snedeker in on Day 2 then put Gomez in on Day 4......finished 27th place.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I put Snedeker in on Day 2 then put Gomez in on Day 4......finished 27th place.

I thought Kuchar would catch fire on Sunday and put Gomez on the bench...  That cost me a "cool" 34 points...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived