TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Technologies launch performance tracking wearable for golf

GolfSpy Tim

Edinburgh, Scotland, January 14, 2016 - Shot Scope Technologies has launched a dedicated performance tracking golf wearable using innovative technology which allows the golfer to collect performance data automatically.  Golfers can use either the Shot Scope app or online platform (www.shotscope.com) to gain insights into their golf game and improve.

Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 1.43.52 PM.png

Today, Shot Scope Technologies has launched an innovative automatic performance tracking wearable for the golf market.  The new technology allows the golfer to collect performance data without using a phone, manually tagging or pressing buttons. 

CEO of Shot Scope, David Hunter said “Shot Scope is the 1st system that allows golfers of all levels to track their game with no interruptions; monitor statistics, identify your trends and use the information to make better decisions on the course.  The wristband interacts with unique tags inserted into the grip of every golf club to identify shots, club used and log GPS information.”

Shot Scope automatically collects over 100 performance statistics.  Information is uploaded through Bluetooth or USB to the Shot Scope dashboard and is displayed in easy-to-consume graphics.  Golfers gain actionable insights which help them to identify strengths and weaknesses in their game.  The technology equips golfers with the knowledge to play to their strengths on the course and work on weaknesses off it.

Shot Scope will be launched to the industry on January 27th at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, USA.  David Hunter commented “The golf world has been extremely supportive throughout the development of Shot Scope.  European Tour golfers, professionals, college golfers, and amateur golfers have provided input into the design and are keen to start using Shot Scope in 2016.”  The golf industry has been quick to realize the potential of Shot Scope.  Providing golfers with technology that doesn't impede or slow down the game is key to growth in the sector. 

“Shot Scope has the potential to revolutionize the shot tracking sector” commented Hoyt McGarity, CEO of True Spec Golf (the number 1 custom fitting company), “being fully automatic is key and it will be a great tool for the golfer to improve and learn about their game.”

Shot Scope Technologies was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland.  From its inception, the one simple aim of the company has been to improve the way in which both amateur and professional golfers collect and analyze statistics.  The Shot Scope team, which consists of technology experts and golfers, including a former Walker Cup player (Gavin Dear), set out to develop smart wearable technology that was more intuitive and comprehensive than any current market offering.  After two years of development, Shot Scope are delighted to announce the pre-sale of the Shot Scope wristband from January 2016 which provides the golfing community with the chance to reserve their wristband ahead of the worldwide launch.

Golfers who are keen to be the first to own Shot Scope can access the reduced pre-order price at www.shotscope.com.  Shot Scope pre-orders will be shipped worldwide in April with the golf wearable expected to be available at retailers from May 2016.

Scotland.

USA minimum advertised price: $280

UK recommended retail price: £225

Pre-order price: $224 and £180 respectively (Shipped in April)

Twitter - @shotscope

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/shotscope

LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/shot-scope

Instagram - http://instagram.com/Shot_Scope

I'm keen.

This stuff just keeps getting better with each passing year. Wonder when the chip inside the ball will come out?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

This is kind of interesting.  My history with Game Golf is checkered -- half the time I'd forget to tag the shot, and ultimately it lasted only 4 or 5 rounds because I lost the belt-mounted device somewhere on the course and couldn't find it.  Something on the wrist might be just the ticket...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'd love to get shot info during a round. My only caveat is it must be completely unobtrusive and I don't want to have to think about it.

I feel like this could be getting pretty close. Ultimately I just want to rent one for a month though. After the novelty wears off and I get my average yardages I don't see it being put in to play very often

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I think I'm with hcky on this one too. Especially for $280. This sort of stuff is still pretty new. I'm giving it a few more years before I get anything like this again. If ever. I learned my lesson with Game Golf.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm liking this gadget. I can't wait until I hear reviews this is something I could wear during the round and know it's not going to fall off or get lost (the watch that is) but as far as the tabs that you put in the butt end of the shaft ( I'm not so sure)? I'm always worried something like this will fall out over time.  When I'm playing I'm one of those players who pretty focused on what i'm doing naturally.  Not one for having to look and make sure my little tab hasn't fallen off every time I pull the club out of the bag. Also what about all the wear these butt plugs will endure with all of the pushing and pulling out of the bag?  Do you think they will ever make these receivers that they may be temporally glued to butt? Or send you an extra set in case you lose a few? Or would this be something you'd have to buy separately?   That is my only fear of buying  this type of tracking devise, that and the fact will it really work as they say it will or will you be dealing with a ton of issues like some other items that have been touted as the next best golf gadget. I guess I'll have to wait a year to see if it hold up and works as advertised? Thanks for the post.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I'm liking this gadget. I can't wait until I hear reviews this is something I could wear during the round and know it's not going to fall off or get lost (the watch that is) but as far as the tabs that you put in the butt end of the shaft ( I'm not so sure)? I'm always worried something like this will fall out over time.  When I'm playing I'm one of those players who pretty focused on what i'm doing naturally.  Not one for having to look and make sure my little tab hasn't fallen off every time I pull the club out of the bag. Also what about all the wear these butt plugs will endure with all of the pushing and pulling out of the bag?  Do you think they will ever make these receivers that they may be temporally glued to butt? Or send you an extra set in case you lose a few? Or would this be something you'd have to buy separately?   That is my only fear of buying  this type of tracking devise, that and the fact will it really work as they say it will or will you be dealing with a ton of issues like some other items that have been touted as the next best golf gadget. I guess I'll have to wait a year to see if it hold up and works as advertised? Thanks for the post.

I've never thought it before, but those tabs look fairly thin.  Can't be much more than the width of the butt of the grip.  I wonder if it would feel super weird to install them under the grips, especially if you install with air it could be an easy experiment.

I use 4 wraps of painters tape so there is a fair amount of tape pushed into the butt end of the shaft, that screw would probably hold fairly well there and then blow the grip on over it.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've never thought it before, but those tabs look fairly thin. Can't be much more than the width of the butt of the grip. I wonder if it would feel super weird to install them under the grips, especially if you install with air it could be an easy experiment.

I use 4 wraps of painters tape so there is a fair amount of tape pushed into the butt end of the shaft, that screw would probably hold fairly well there and then blow the grip on over it.

I have the game golf tabs installed in my wedges and driver and they have yet to fall out or move for that matter

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Methinks you'll be getting a bit more info on this little device fairly soon. I'll pay them a visit at the show too.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

Like others, this technology just keeps getting better (smaller, less obtrusive, more accurate, etc.) - My largest question is, if you get all of the information you really need in the first couple months or so of using it, what is the benefit moving forward???

Like others, this technology just keeps getting better (smaller, less obtrusive, more accurate, etc.) - My largest question is, if you get all of the information you really need in the first couple months or so of using it, what is the benefit moving forward???

If all I had to do was turn it on a play I would use to to keep stats and see if I was in a slump or something. Use the data to take to lessons and such

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I like th eidea. As my swing changes so do my distances sometimes (hopefully further). I like keep track of stats as well. To me if it can track where shots went and if I got up and down etc it will always be useful

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

• 3 months later...

Shot Scope are sending a demo unit to me. Review coming in the magazine I work for. I'm sure none of you subscribe to it, so I'll post a few words here too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm keen.

This stuff just keeps getting better with each passing year. Wonder when the chip inside the ball will come out?

Yeah sign me up for this concept! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

• 1 month later...

Cool tech!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

It won't be long and there will be trackers built in to the club head from the factory.  

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

There's a race going on in the North Sea. Yes - the one in northern Europe, between UK (the ones leaving the Union) and Norway. DHL have to deliver Shot Scope Friday. If not, you'll all have to wait an extra 18 days for my review. Leaving for Portugal on Saturday. DHL's odds on making it in time are not good.........

Archived