TESTERS WANTED! ×

Optimal numbers for iron

on the internet, assumptions are common mistakes.  We do not know the poster's gender and age and playing skills.   And I do know mr.J is a pro fitter and I think he has not seen anyone with a 2 iron until now. 

And I made a mistake of assuming Mr.J as somebody else because I've seen the same username in sandtrap.   And he was a tough mod (to everybody and not just me).... for that I apologize....

Just played with Maltby HDI last week (bought it last year).  To be honest it's a hybrid in the shape of an iron (yes referring the club as  a 2 iron is not accurate).  It's the easiest club to hit in the bag.  And the distance is the same as my 5 wood.   I play the club on a short par 4s (300 yards or a bit more) and on Par 5s (fairway shots).  I do not think 2 iron exists anymore.... they are just hybrids.

I currently bag a 1i and 2i depending on the course. I played a blade 2i until last year. So yes they are still available.

And as for your other comments... Yes we actually do know most peoples skill and club set up bc they ACTUALLY TAKE THE TIME TO FILL OUT THEIR PROFILES. Not leave their handicap as 1 even though it's not 1.

Literally nothing that Jaskanski has said in this thread has been false. He's one of the more useful and knowledgeable fitters we have on this site. If you don't want his info then your shooting yourself in the foot.

Finally. If you want a 2i to be affective at your swingspeed and you want it to visually appear as a 2i but playable then get a Titleist 712u 2i with the lightest highest launching shaft you can get in it.

Good luck and update your profile. You'll find it beneficial.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I currently bag a 1i and 2i depending on the course. I played a blade 2i until last year. So yes they are still available.

And as for your other comments... Yes we actually do know most peoples skill and club set up bc they ACTUALLY TAKE THE TIME TO FILL OUT THEIR PROFILES. Not leave their handicap as 1 even though it's not 1.

Literally nothing that Jaskanski has said in this thread has been false. He's one of the more useful and knowledgeable fitters we have on this site. If you don't want his info then your shooting yourself in the foot.

Finally. If you want a 2i to be affective at your swingspeed and you want it to visually appear as a 2i but playable then get a Titleist 712u 2i with the lightest highest launching shaft you can get in it.

Good luck and update your profile. You'll find it beneficial.

it's useless, people lie on the net.... 300 yards drive.  110 driver swing speed....LOL! 

Anyway these data are accurate using a Flightscope @home with the maltby hdi:

Ball speed: 122 mph

LA: 19 degree

Backspin: 3300

smash factor: 1.45

swing speed: 84 mph (2 iron)

it says carry 184 yards and total distance 200 yards... which exactly I got on the course.   I carry driver, #2 HDI, 4-PW, SW and a putter.... simple bag. Handicap: 16!!

it's useless, people lie on the net.... 300 yards drive.  110 driver swing speed....LOL! 

Anyway these data are accurate using a Flightscope @home with the maltby hdi:

Ball speed: 122 mph

LA: 19 degree

Backspin: 3300

smash factor: 1.45

swing speed: 84 mph (2 iron)

it says carry 184 yards and total distance 200 yards... which exactly I got on the course.   I carry driver, #2 HDI, 4-PW, SW and a putter.... simple bag. Handicap: 16!!

If your lying AND trying to get gain knowledge then your only F-ing yourself. Why give some BS numbers while trying to find the right equipment for you? That makes no sense. Sure, some people lie but that just means they are stupid enough to do it and they gain nothing in the end. 

PS: thanks for the info but still update your profile

If your lying AND trying to get gain knowledge then your only F-ing yourself. Why give some BS numbers while trying to find the right equipment for you? That makes no sense. Sure, some people lie but that just means they are stupid enough to do it and they gain nothing in the end. 

PS: thanks for the info but still update your profile

I already mentioned my handicap.  What else do you need?  my address?? 

I already mentioned my handicap. What else do you need? my address??

Posting the information here isn't the same as updating your profile. I don't care about your address either, thanks. Plus I already gave you my suggestion.

Fyi there is nothing unrealistic about 300 yard drives or 110mph club head speed. And not everyone lies just bc they are online.

Archived