Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

What 2016 Stuff Do You Want To Demo - Revised

Time to revive this thread, since a lot of new stuff has come out over the past couple of weeks...

What new stuff - drivers, irons, fairways, etc, are on your demo list?  Doesn't matter if you're in the market or not, we're all gear heads and hell, most of us can make a Friday night out of trying out clubs.

Was lucky enough to try to the new Ping stuff last month and while all of it was very good and very easy to hit, the Stretch 3-wood is something I really fell in love with.  They're out now - saw one at GolfSmith yesterday and it started giving me palpitations. I really liked it....

Also looking forward to trying the Cobra F6/F6+ --- tried the King and it didn't make me swoon - maybe the F6 might be more up my alley.

Always willing to try new irons, saw the new Mizzy's yesterday and ermagawd they're purdy....

Loved last year's Nike stuff, so looking forward to seeing what the new stuff is all about...

That new Bridgestone driver Snedeker's gaming looks intriguing, too...

And I'm still holding out hope that The Hammer comes out with a new model.  Now THAT would be something...

What about y'all -- anything new that gets your fancy turned?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

In the spring I'd like to put my G25 up against some of the new drivers - Ping G, Tmag M1, etc. - on a launch monitor to see what I can gain, if anything. Really, I couldn't care less about distance gains. Accuracy is my priority. If I lose 5 or 10 yards carry with the driver but can hit 9-10 fairways instead of 5-6, I'd happily shell out the money. If I find a unicorn and increase both accuracy and distance, just shut up and take my money.

I'm happy with everything in my bag, and while I'd never turn down an opportunity to demo clubs, I can say for sure that nothing will be replacing my Mizuno irons or wedges for a while.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Callaway XR16 pro driver, that's it. I don't know why, my last round I hit 13/14 fairways. We'll see if it's better. The only other item is a putter, I know what I want to do finally, just need to be able to do it. Financially speaking.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I need to test out some irons. I did a quick fitting to see where I'm at and I do not have shafts that help my game at all, and it doesn't make sense to replace them at this point just have to go new. I was getting way to much spin so some forged irons will be on the top of the list. New Mizunos they always look nice, saw the king cobra iron and those were beauties. Was told the Callaways would be a good fit for me but I've never been able to hit any Callaway club I've tried so we shall see. The new Taylormade were also suggested but I will be trying a bunch.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

King Cobra F6 Driver & Fairway woods for sure.

I would like to play one round with the Adams Blue clubs.....they do intrigue me.

Hogan PTx irons.......they look awesome and are prob better for me than the Ft Worth's.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I've said a few times around here that I'd like to test out the 2016 Cobra F6. However, I'm now thinking of back to the future and perhaps the 2015 Fly-Z+. Pretty much the same club - just cheaper. The only question to myself right now is which shaft. If I can wrap my hands around the shaft issue I'd probably order one at 44.25". But then again it's going to be difficult to order a club without hitting-testing it out first.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

M1 with different shafts, maybe the XR subzero we've been hearing about if it comes to retail.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

M1 with different shafts, maybe the XR subzero we've been hearing about if it comes to retail.

I'd like to demo that as well. It's the first Callaway driver that has piqued my interest in a long while.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'd like to demo that as well. It's the first Callaway driver that has piqued my interest in a long while.

Me too. I hit last years Bertha at a fitting and just hated it. I'm just looking for something better than my SLDR

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Have an F6+ on the way already so I'll be putting that head to head to head with the King LTD and SLDR.

Other than that I don't have much else on the demo shelf.  I do still want to try out a Tour AD-BB, but it's not new equipment so not sure if that really counts.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Have an F6+ on the way already so I'll be putting that head to head to head with the King LTD and SLDR.

I'll take whichever one  you don't like... ;)  ;)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I was hoping Paderson shafts would have a presence at the show, but it doesn't look like they will.

I've been gaming the same hybrid for over 5 seasons now, but I'd still like to find one I don't feel like I have to "adjust myself" to as much, and could swing more naturally.  I just seem to have less trouble with the one I carry, than every other one I've tried.

I was very impressed with Srixon and Wilson irons last year and would love to compare them "head to head" with the Burner 2.0's I'm currently playing.  As impressed with the Ping Glide wedges I got last year, I'd also like to check out Pings.

I've already been fit for putter, but if the "right" Edel came along at the right price, it would be tough to pass up ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

King Cobra F6 Driver & Fairway woods for sure.

I would like to play one round with the Adams Blue clubs.....they do intrigue me.

Hogan PTx irons.......they look awesome and are prob better for me than the Ft Worth's.

2 out of 3 here for me - wouldn't mind trying the Cobra F6 driver and the Hogans just for kicks, as well as the Ping G driver. 

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

I've said a few times around here that I'd like to test out the 2016 Cobra F6. However, I'm now thinking of back to the future and perhaps the 2015 Fly-Z+. Pretty much the same club - just cheaper. The only question to myself right now is which shaft. If I can wrap my hands around the shaft issue I'd probably order one at 44.25". But then again it's going to be difficult to order a club without hitting-testing it out first.

True dat! I may demo 2016 stuff for purchase in '17. Right now the only thing I'm in the market for is a fairway wood, specifically a 4 wood. Cobra always gets a look in that category.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm good.

Liar, I know you want to hit the new Hogans :)

I'd love to try the new Ping driver out. That's about it for me.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I'd try the new Ping driver too.  Also the Bridgestone JGR would be interesting, but I don't want to go a 1000 miles to try it out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Probably going to take the 4i out of the bag in the spring, so I would love to see some hybrids.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Any watch GPS. I have the Garmin S1, my first after years of SkyCaddies. I miss the interim yardage to hazards and corners. Also the IntelliGreen feature, which rotates the green to fit your approach angle.

I like 3 things in a GPS: accuracy, accuracy, accuracy.

My putter is from the 1950's. I'm pretty damn accurate with it but I always wonder what I could do with a modern putter, especially if it is custom fit. I like the idea of the Edel putters and their custom fitting.

I think that is the one area my bag could use an update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

To echo a few others already... The Hogans. PTx and hybrids please. They are beautiful and I am hoping the PTx would be a better fit for my game than the FtWorth. I agree with Mr. Covey when he says most folks need a some form of GI iron. I love the look of FtW, but I would be crazy to play them. New BH iron pics on their blog.

29PTx_box.jpg

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

King LTD Pro driver- hit this two days ago- wow... I think I already have my number 1A driver. Could order this today and be content- it's that good.

Ping G series LS Tec- bat wing technology doesn't do much in comparison to G30 for me, but I played the g30ls last year with fair success. Hit this one quite abut last week and really liked it- it's my 1B.

Drivers I still need to hit more extensively are the regular King LTD, F6 series, PXG, and I think that's all that I'm really thinking will fit me best. Unless somebody comes out with something soon.

Didn't care for 816 alpha blah blah, or GBB, or XR16 Pro, or M1, Titleist spins too much for my crummy swing, and that's about it. Only one I'm interested in trying but will never get an op to hit would be one of the Grenade drivers.

Sidebar- why is it that Ping is the only company that makes a super forgiving driver that is also their lowest spinning driver? I don't understand why every company goes smaller and less forgiving when they go low spin. I understand they're marketing BS is that the people who need spin killers are "Better players" but that's a crock of s***. Even if it were true don't you really think the better player wants an uber forgiving driver too? I know I sure do.

Sidebar- why is it that Ping is the only company that makes a super forgiving driver that is also their lowest spinning driver? I don't understand why every company goes smaller and less forgiving when they go low spin. I understand they're marketing BS is that the people who need spin killers are "Better players" but that's a crock of s***. Even if it were true don't you really think the better player wants an uber forgiving driver too? I know I sure do.

That's what has me looking for a new driver this year. My sldr is long and fairly forgiving but I'd like some more for those days I just don't have it

That's what has me looking for a new driver this year. My sldr is long and fairly forgiving but I'd like some more for those days I just don't have it

The SLDR driver is the least forgiving driver I've hit in the last 8 years. Best thing ever when you flush it, but if you're half a ball out? Yikes.

The 430cc? Hell, you'd have to go back 12 years!

• SPY VIP

The SLDR driver is the least forgiving driver I've hit in the last 8 years. Best thing ever when you flush it, but if you're half a ball out? Yikes.

I have the 430cc, honeymoon lasted a few rounds and she was benched for life.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I have the 460cc version. Compared to my Nike covert it was more forgiving for me because my miss tends to be out the toe so I felt it handled it well.

Still gaming the 430 2 years later. Absolutely love this thing.

Of course I'm a club ho so I have a King LTD in the basement and an F6+ on the way to see if they can knock it out of the bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived