Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Criquet Shirts - A 2016 Sampling of New Offerings

SPY ZINGER

sticky-logo.png

CRIQUET SHIRTS

100% Orgasmic Cotton

1446489329501_qzipnavy.1200w.jpg

Criquet Shirts is one of those brands in the golf world that will take you by surprise.  If you have a look at their website, aside from some subtle language and inspirational photographs, the game of golf or “golf apparel” doesn't jump out and kiss you on the lips.  I have a feeling that's how co-founders, Billy and Hobson, want it to be.  Until recently, it was hard to find a way to describe what it is they have up their organic cotton sleeves down in Austin, TX.  Then I got the email that described it brilliantly.  The Urban Golfer.

fe01ac0d-6ddb-46ec-aa40-0127c732d930.jpeg

In the last five years since their inception, Criquet Shirts made it their priority to design and produce what they believe is the most comfortable polo you'll ever own.  The designs are inspired by the classics in golf apparel, but the game isn't really their focus.  Mission accomplished.  Virtually every media outlet that has received their Players Shirt from MyGolfSpy to the Wall Street Journal, to Playboy, loves it.

Criquet shirts been broadening their portfolio of cotton designs and have three new additions to their 2016 line-up.

The Texas Made Button Down

Spy Zinger4.jpg

Made in Texas and billed as an essential closet staple, the Texas Made button down is a classic gingham shirt which is as soft as balata.  Fits true to size.  $110

Cotton Cashmere V-Neck Sweater

Spy Zinger5.jpg

Constructed of 90% cotton and 10% cashmere, the V-Neck is another compliment to their Players Shirt or button down offerings.  Elbow patches, and the limited edition Criquet logo add to unique design of this layering sweater.  $115

The VIP Pullover

Spy Zinger6.jpg

Inspired by their long-sleeved Players shirt, the VIP Pullover is a quarter zip constructed from 100% organic cotton designed to layer over their players shirts or button down designs.  $95

Posted Image

Orgasmic cotton? Come on. For some reason I used to get spammed with their emails. Everybody claims to have the best this or the softest that.  Nothing new, different here. Just expensive. I've got the softest zip pull over I have ever had that cost $35!! Looks just like theirs. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Orgasmic cotton? Come on. For some reason I used to get spammed with their emails. Everybody claims to have the best this or the softest that. Nothing new, different here. Just expensive. I've got the softest zip pull over I have ever had that cost $35!! Looks just like theirs.

Plaid have you worn their Players Polo?
Posted Image

I really like their lineup, but definitely do not like the price tag that goes with them.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

attachicon.gifsticky-logo.png

CRIQUET SHIRTS

100% Orgasmic Cotton

attachicon.gif1446489329501_qzipnavy.1200w.jpg

Criquet Shirts is one of those brands in the golf world that will take you by surprise.  If you have a look at their website, aside from some subtle language and inspirational photographs, the game of golf or “golf apparel” doesn't jump out and kiss you on the lips.  I have a feeling that's how co-founders, Billy and Hobson, want it to be.  Until recently, it was hard to find a way to describe what it is they have up their organic cotton sleeves down in Austin, TX.  Then I got the email that described it brilliantly.  The Urban Golfer.

attachicon.giffe01ac0d-6ddb-46ec-aa40-0127c732d930.jpeg

In the last five years since their inception, Criquet Shirts made it their priority to design and produce what they believe is the most comfortable polo you'll ever own.  The designs are inspired by the classics in golf apparel, but the game isn't really their focus.  Mission accomplished.  Virtually every media outlet that has received their Players Shirt from MyGolfSpy to the Wall Street Journal, to Playboy, loves it.

Criquet shirts been broadening their portfolio of cotton designs and have three new additions to their 2016 line-up.

The Texas Made Button Down

attachicon.gifSpy Zinger4.jpg

Made in Texas and billed as an essential closet staple, the Texas Made button down is a classic gingham shirt which is as soft as balata.  Fits true to size.  $110

Cotton Cashmere V-Neck Sweater

attachicon.gifSpy Zinger5.jpg

Constructed of 90% cotton and 10% cashmere, the V-Neck is another compliment to their Players Shirt or button down offerings.  Elbow patches, and the limited edition Criquet logo add to unique design of this layering sweater.  $115

The VIP Pullover

attachicon.gifSpy Zinger6.jpg

Inspired by their long-sleeved Players shirt, the VIP Pullover is a quarter zip constructed from 100% organic cotton designed to layer over their players shirts or button down designs.  $95

Well, I sprung for it.  New purchasers get 15% off order.  They had a few shirts on sale, so with the discount the hit wasn't quite so bad.  I much prefer cotton over the "performance" shirts which to me seem like the polyester of the 70's and 80's; in other words HOT!  The Criquet shirts are the best feeling shirts I have ever had.  I don't spend a lot on shirts; usually Ben Hogan at Walmart, but the Criquet is now my new favorite.  However, I don't think they made me younger and sexier like Zinger.   :(

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

"Organic Cotton"......  yup...... that's Austin Texas alright.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Do they make a nice mock turtle for Barbajo????

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived