GolfSpy Barbajo

Greg Norman Gets the Boot at Fox

Well that didn't take long...

Thoughts? How bad was he?Who should replace him?

He's probably not the only one who needs replaced. I don't mind Joe Buck on Sundays not a big fan of his baseball calls, but golf was not good at all. As far as replacing Greg I'm not sure most of the guys I want to hear from still play on the Champions Tour. Fred Couples, Tom Watson, If they could get Jack that would be great but I doubt he's interested.  

This is too funny, as the most over rated player in modern memory I thought that Norman did a passable job. I have no interest in Fred Couples as an announcer. I'd love to play with him but he's way too nice to be insightful. Crenshaw would be great because he could nicely say that a guy messed up and his knowledge of the game is off the charts. How about Brad Faxon?

• Like 3

Norman was bad.  I guess that was the feedback Fox got too.  I like the suggestions of Ben Crenshaw and Brad Faxon; two of my favorite putters of all time.  I really liked Paul Azinger in the session that he did with Brandel on Golf Channel Academy.  I wish GC would rerun that show.

• Like 3

Thought the whole Fox broadcast at Chambers Bay was clumsy , it looked and sounded like they were new at golf, although the visual was better than the audio, which was brutal.

I'd give them another chance at it, but since Fox already went medieval, I recommend Judy Rankin, classy, smart, can tell you what went wrong but doesn't have to be smug and arrogant about it.

Actually Judy and Terry Gannon are great together, why do we need Joe Buck?

• Like 3

Norman didn't work for me and I'm not sad to see him go.  Now they need to get rid of Buck too, he was terrible at golf.

Put Azinger as the lead and build a team around him.

• Like 1

Kevin Harlan would be awesome at golf...."SPIETH CHARGES THAT PUTT TO THE HOLE WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!"

• Like 1

Azinger would work for me as would Judy Rankin, she's great! Fox's graphics were great, they could use a few more tournaments to work out the other glitches.

• Like 1

Crenshaw, Faxon, Rankin, Azinger, yes.... and Tah ta tah tah..... Johnny Miller. I like Miller. He speaks his mind and tells it like it is I think. Heh!

• Like 3

So, you keep Joe Buck? Who knows absolutely nothing about golf and was horrible. Seems legit. Replacements? They better find someone A. Knows golf, B. Has a personality. The commentary of the US Open was horrid, I think at one point I turned the mute on, so I didn't have to listen.

• Like 1

Buck was meh. I'd like to see him stick wtih baseball and football but my guess is they will continue to use him. The only worse person would be Gus Johnson. I don't like him at all as an announcer.

I'm still wondering why Greg Norman seems to be held in such high regard in golf circles? Yes he won 2 majors, but has only 21 career wins overall (yes better than i'll ever be, but that's less than 1/year for his career. i think he's more well know for his clothing line and wine at this point, which he gets placed at restaurants and courses where he consults.

I will say the anything Joe Buck does is terrible, talk about living off daddy's reputation.

They need someone who knows golf, is a good announcer, but it doesn't need to be someone that is well known.

• Like 1

Agree Norman wasn't bad, in fact, a refreshing change from Jim (I Love Myself) Nance on CBS. If I heard Peter Jacobson say Justin Speith has a "chicken wing" once, I heard it 100 times.

Crenshaw, Faxon, Rankin, Azinger, yes.... and Tah ta tah tah..... Johnny Miller. I like Miller. He speaks his mind and tells it like it is I think. Heh!

Looks like it will be Zinger