XE1.....The only Wedge you'll ever need?

Our Sponsors

Have you seen the new informercial for the XE1 Wedge?  The only wedge you'll ever need? View the infomercial below and post your thoughts.....

http://www.xe1golf.com/online/xe1-wedge-65-v2-tab/?utm_source=Taboola&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=text-08-xE1-03-rw1c&utm_campaign=xE1-Taboola-Sp-US

Is this a hoax? Does it really work? Anybody tried one yet?

New-Wedge-Comparison-1.png

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

USGA stated it was nonconforming due to "groove issues" They added, the responsibility for using conforming equipment is with the golfer.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I was thinking more Alien wedge...

post-8942-0-11549400-1386046122.jpg

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

A guy at the club let me hit a few shots with his.

It's not the only wedge you'll ever need if you want to a hit a 100+ yard wedge shot!

But it's an ok short side miss wedge and good in the sand--especially if your main goal is to putt on your next shot.  By that I mean that a very skilled wedge player might make more up and downs with a more conventional wedge. But if just getting out and on is the goal, this club would be good for that.

The groove issue wouldn't bother me one bit. I have issues with that rule but that's for another thread. 

The steel shaft would eventually bother my hands.

There's no magic club anywhere,  but it's an ok wedge from the few swings I've taken with it..

Yeah Foz... I seen that commercial once or 1000 times. LOL

I actually played with a guy back in the fall who had one. I didn't hit it and don't recall him hitting it either. This guy had all his clubs gripped in Jumbo size. He wasn't a large man either. Probably stood 5'10" I'd guess. He played pretty good though I thought. Recently I put and old Cleveland 60* wedge in my bag due to a couple of holes on my course where they redesigned (for some reason) some green side bunkers and filled them lousy sand. It's like deep rolling beach sand. Awful. My Cleveland has quite a large flange on it and it works well outta that crap.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I read that the XE1 Wedge is only available with 65* loft.......

As soon as I heard, "Able to hit off of hard pan without opening the face." I knew that this was a PT Barnum job. If anything you want to close the club face off of hard pan and use the spin to stop the ball.

Hoax

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I am in agreement with the Rev........btw, I noticed in the infomercial that they were hitting out of soft sand or plush grass ........

• Like 1

I am in agreement with the Rev........btw, I noticed in the infomercial that they were hitting out of soft sand or plush grass ........

What that? (Soft sand, and plush grass), is that somewhere in the fairway?

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I saw the informercial and see another alcohol infused eBay purchase in my future. Would go great in the bag with The Hammer and Perfect Club.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small: Pro Platinum Big Sur 48"

The Perfect Club is the ONLY club I have successfully managed to hook off the planet!  

Oh, was that my outside voice?  There's your inside voice and your outside voice; sometimes my inside voice gets outside.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

I think the original one of these is the Hogan Sure Out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454074292.641999.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454074316.848986.jpg

I have a newer version of this and it is an awesome club. Stupid easy to hit. The big sole glides through sand and deep grass. The CG is so that it launches high. And it is great for soft wet ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

As soon as I heard, "Able to hit off of hard pan without opening the face." I knew that this was a PT Barnum job. If anything you want to close the club face off of hard pan and use the spin to stop the ball.

Hoax

I know of two wedges--actually three if we count a really obscure one--that were excellent off hardpan.

The first was the Cleveland 691 58º.

The second was the Merit Tour Sole in any loft.

These wedges had 0º bounce.

The third wedge was the Black Widow Negative Bounce wedge which was, for many players, pretty tough to use anyplace else but hardpan. It was like hitting a scalpel.