TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone hitting the new M1?

span3636

Has anyone tried out the new m1 driver?  I am still hitting the sldr.  I love my sldr because of the high launch and low spin I get.  Is this the same with the m1?  Is the m1 longer?  Just curious.  I know if it ain't broke...I am one of those golf nuts always looking for more distance and accuracy.  Looking forward to hearing from everybody.

www.longerteeshots.com

I hit it the other day, I didn't find anything special about, although I did have some really nice drives with it, I didn't play with the settings at all, but I suppose I could have gotten more out of it if I did. I'm not a big TM fan, I haven't found a driver I liked of theirs done R11s.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've tried it a couple of times as the stores - it has t done anything for me, but I have a mental block with TaylorMade drivers the defies logic and reason.

Research continues....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I just did a shaft fitting because I won the King Cobra here, what they told me is I already had a driver good for me the king might be a little longer but is 2 or 3 yards worth $450? I would say the M1 is a similar situation it is new and pretty but doesn't drastically improve your game over the SLDR. So how much is 5 yards worth to you

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I hit M1 at GolfTec on their simulator, which is pretty accurate for my other clubs. I've played the Callaway XR since the day it came out last February. It was longer on the GolfSmith simulator than the G30LS. I was pretty happy with the XR distance, but kept missing left and right.

I tried the M1 with three different shafts: KuroKage in stiff, Fuji Pro 60 in stiff and regular. I was blown away! My first swing felt extremely stable compared to the XR, and went about 260, which is 20 yds further than a good XR drive. The Kuro was long, too, but a little low for my taste. The regular went about 235-240, but the Pro60 in stiff was just longer. My current miss is a pull hook, but the M1 was set up for a low draw, and I didn't have a wrench. But by working on good swing, I repeatedly put it out to 255-260. I just picked mine up this afternoon. Tomorrow I'll try it out for real. Can't wait!

BTW, I had a Sldr last year. It was long if I caught dead center, but not forgiving at all. It had a stock shaft. I traded it in after 2 rounds for a RB Stage 2, very stable also with stock RocketFuel shaft. I used the RBS2 for almost a year before upgrade to the XR.

Took the new M1 to the range for a pre-round tuning. Ball came out low and hot, like in simulator. Right out past the 200 sign. I put the elevation weight all the way back for max height, kept loft at 9.5*. Ball ballooned, so I moved it halfway between max and neutral. Gave me a medium-low flight. One thing about the M1: it goes straight where you shoot, no curve. I'm used to playing a fade or draw with my XR, but the M1 is just straight. Hits on the toe and the heel missed less than 10 yds offline. Now, you can put some big misshits on the M1, and I did. Hit a slice on the range, and one on the course, which went 100 yds right. But my standard miss was a big pull left. The M1 is 45.5 inches long; XR is 46. But the bigger difference is the perceived swing weight. The M1 feels much heavier and shorter. I couldn't help an OTT move which sent the ball straight left. When I was able to swing well, the M1 feels solid and you know you caught it because there's a little trampoline effect. A misshit feels like the face is cracked, but the ball still got out around 215-220. Good hits were 10 yds longer than the XR. My best was 241. I played 27 holes and shot about my average. Hit 7 / 18 fwys where I used driver. Not great, but I'm still learning to hit this club. On one of my last holes, my aiming point is a red stump. I aimed the M1 at it, the ball never left that line and ended up 233 yds out, 6 feet left of the stump. I'm going to game this driver for at least a year, and I can tell it's going to be "Old Reliable ".

^ hahahaha

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I tried one when they first came out.....did not impress me so I stayed with my Bio Cell.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I haven't because of the reports I've seen of them separating at the seam where the 2 materials join.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I tried one when they first came out.....did not impress me so I stayed with my Bio Cell.

I have a BioCell+ 3-4W, and hit the hell out of it, goes long and is workable. Just love the muted tick sound of the ball on the BioCell clubface. The M1 also has a nice muted sound.

I haven't because of the reports I've seen of them separating at the seam where the 2 materials join.

When I registered my club at the TM website, I saw they warrant their clubs for two years. Glad I bought it directly from TM thru my pro shop, rather than an eBay discount retailer.

I tuned the M1 some more today at GolfTec. Cranked the height weight to maximum, and added 2* loft to make it 11.5*. Carry was 235, total distance was 245. We get no roll on my home course, so I need max carry. The M1 certainly is straight, which is going to help me more than added distance. Playing Sunday.

When I registered my club at the TM website, I saw they warrant their clubs for two years. Glad I bought it directly from TM thru my pro shop, rather than an eBay discount retailer.

TMag is excellent about warrantying clubs. But there's guys that have had multiple separate on them. Same thing that was seen in Callaway's first multi-material heads. It gets irritating constantly warrantying clubs and being without the club you paid all that money for over and over

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

TMag is excellent about warrantying clubs. But there's guys that have had multiple separate on them. Same thing that was seen in Callaway's first multi-material heads. It gets irritating constantly warrantying clubs and being without the club you paid all that money for over and over

They are good as is Callaway. I have managed to crack every Callaway multi material driver I have had in the bag going back to the FT3 and never had one warranty issue. It is a pain in the rear to have to go through the process when you play three or four rounds a week.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I recently switched to an M1 and added 10 yards on good shots, and 20-25 yards on bad ones. Went from hitting it 280-285 on a good shot to 290-300, and from 260-65 on a "miss hit" to 280. That was the key for me. I was playing the 915D3 and right now someone would have to pry the M1 from my cold dead hands. I know the D3 is supposed to be Titleist's low spin product, but I've definitely found lower spin with the M1. 

I shot 72 hitting it 210-220 on Sunday Silver and Black. Which would you prefer?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I shot 72 hitting it 210-220 on Sunday Silver and Black. Which would you prefer?

Can I have both? Lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I did talk to my teacher about getting some more distance in yesterday's lesson - he believes that the changes (don't think major overhaul) we are making should give me more distance.  I was clear that I didn't want to make any sort of swing change just to chase distance - I'd much prefer to hit every drive 225 than to go 250, 210, 265, 210, 215, 220, 260 - you know the deal - It's way easier to score when you know how far you will hit the ball with every club in the bag - most golf courses require radically different lines at 250 than 225.

Like anyone else I'd love to hit it farther buy if you're giving me a choice I'll take shooting the lower score over hitting the longest drive any day of the week.

I doubt that I'll ever hit an M1 - TMag lost me when they jettisoned the SLDR concept - pick a Concept or name and stick with it for crying out loud.  I'm back with Ping and am plenty happy for it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 3 weeks later...

I have had mine since the release and have played about~~25-30 rounds of 18 and about no range time. I swing about 117-121, and haven't had any issue with splitting. The seam can be seen and I imagine hitting high on the face might contribute to this but I hit above the center dot 90% of the time.

I "upgraded" from the R15, but going from sldr to m1 in terms of forgiveness is a no Brainer for me, we aren't taking g30 forgiveness though. I do like the feel and sound off the face when compared to the SLDR.

I will say get fit- preferably outdoors and only use numbers to fine tune, but flight is huge, there are so many variables in this driver and so many shafts at your disposal.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived