Sign in to follow this  
span3636

Looking for info on the new Grafalloy blue shaft.

Our Sponsors

Has anyone hit the new grafalloy blue shaft?  I have the old one in my titlest driver.  I like the shaft.  It seems to launch the ball with a penetrating flight.  Not sure if that is just the head or the combo with the shaft.  I would be interested in knowing if the new blue has even less spin because that is what I want.  I look forward to hearing back from you all.

www.longerteeshots.com

It hasn't changed that much at all. Basically Grafalloy uses a slightly different fibre to allegedly enhance stability and gives it their patented "speed coat" paint to further enhance aerodynamics. 

What you actually get is a shaft around 1-1.5g heavier than the original but with the shaft tip to butt profile and it's legendary uber stiff tip which works very well for higher swing speed players to control spin.

A very good combo in the old Titleist 905S or T heads, but obviously blind bore install due to it's short tip parallel and super stout feel. I haven't noticed any drastic difference in spin between the two, even allowing for variable tip to head installs for modern drivers with interchangeable shafts.

I LOVED that shaft in my 905S.  I have wanted to try the new Blue (why did that just make me think if the New Shmoo?) for a while - I just haven't had anything I wanted to drop it into.  Late in teh season I got a Ping Anser - if I can find a reasonably priced adapter I may try it.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed