Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

An Apology To My Friends At MGS

NiftyNiblick

Some of you may have noticed that the tone of my recent posts may have been noticeably on the irritable side. While there's no legitimate excuse for this, there have been extenuating circumstances.

I've probably mentioned that I suffer with spinal stenosis and ulcerated discs. A few weeks ago, my back spasms started acting up and got progressively worse. This happened almost the exact same way about twenty years ago, and the solution back then was an epidural steroid injection.

Even though twenty years is a long time, doctors don't like to be too aggressive with these shots as they can cause cumulative problems of their own. Thus, now, as was the case then, they insist that the patient hold off a couple of weeks to see if the problem eases up on its own first. During this time, I have been in serious discomfort. Despite anti-inflammatory meds, relaxants, lots of ice, and strong opiates for the pain, there has been no position in which I could get comfortable.

On top if this, and I think that I've mentioned this before, MGS runs--for whatever reason--very poorly on my server. In order to post, I have to cut and paste from Microsoft Word, otherwise my computer freezes as I type. This only happens on MGS, so maybe somebody is giving me a hint!

Anyway, between these circumstances and others, I've been irritable, and I have to imagine that it's shown up on my posts. I'm sorry. We've all got our own problems, right?

Anyway, tomorrow I get the shot in my spine, and if it works as well as it did twenty years ago, I can look forward to feeling a lot better and acting less like a prick. Otherwise, we're looking at surgery. Or euthanasia, whichever seems more expedient!

Thanks for understanding.

• SPY VIP

No apology needed.

Pain is a ************. Id say sorry for the language but I'm not. I've been in a similar boat for 12 years now. Euthanasia has definitely been considered.

Let me know how it goes. I from the bottom of my heart hope it not only helps bits get rid of every ounce of pain for you and your family sake.

Regarding the website I obviously am open to help. I will get you in direct contact with our programmer in order to insure we take every step necessary to resolve it for you.

#TruthDigest

I just figured you were one of them old guys (a grandpa figure) that just tells it the way it is, we all say things here that can come off as abrasive, whether they are intended that way or not. No worries. Back pain sucks. I've been dealing with it for about 4 years now, I've been fortunate that it hasn't gotten bad enough to have surgery yet. I am trying to avoid that if possible. I've got 4 brothers, 3 have had back surgery, and one of them has had it 2 times, and my mom has also had surgery. anyway, enough rambling, I hope the shot helps relieve the pain for you and you can get back to smackin the balls around pain free.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Nifty nothing to apologize about and hope you feel better.  I am lucky with all the football that I have played in my life that my back is for the most part healthy, but my knees on the other hand are a work in progress.  I watched my father struggle with back issues for years and it is no joke.  

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I honestly didn't give it a second thought. Any time you post I feel like I'm at a good old New England Town Meeting. That's where we fight for three hours and then go throw a couple back together so that we can fight the next time around.

I just said a prayer for you and will do so again that the procedure does its job. No apology needed but since it's offered I accept it. Best wishes on the shot.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nifty, sorry about the back pain. My wife had L5-S1 fusion 8 years ago. Before the surgery she had up 3 steroid shots a year; they lasted about 3 months but each one didn't last as long as the previous one. So surgery. After about 3 years and getting off all the pain meds, her golf game is the best it has ever been. I hope the shot works but back surgery today is a lot better than it used to be. Best of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Best of luck to you, hope you find relief soon! 

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Here is an x-Ray of my Daughters back surgery from April 2013, I can't believe it's been that long, anyway, you can not really tell that there was ever an issue, surgery may be a good thing, as it seems to have been for us. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453420700.953637.jpg

Nifty

No worries, chronic pain can be brutal, and if you can't sleep or rest, it only compounds it. .  I work as a physical therapist and see every day how it can drag people down. . Good luck with the injection, I hope it helps. You are a great purveyor or wisdom on these boards, I love to read your posts.  

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

A lot of us live with chronic pain. It's a fact of life. Mine is from 5 inguinal hernia surgeries, bone chips in my right elbow, a shattered left wrist, arthritis, and ligament damage to my left ankle. But I still golf every week and don't complain. Sure, it makes us irritable but, considering the alternative, I will live with the pain. You can too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

No worries man! I sincerely hope it gets better or at least more manageable!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Nifty, Pain sucks. Get your shot and heal well.

X. The problem, I suspect, is the editor. I've seen some *really* strange behavior from it in several browsers.  I will note that right now, it works the best in Microsoft Edge (yeah, shocked me too)

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Here is an x-Ray of my Daughters back surgery from April 2013, I can't believe it's been that long, anyway, you can not really tell that there was ever an issue, surgery may be a good thing, as it seems to have been for us. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453420700.953637.jpg

Kor, 

Wow, just Wow!  I hope your daughter is doing OK.  That is some serious surgery.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

As far as the website, I have absolutely no issues with the website using a Mac with either Safari or Firefox.  

I did have issues using an iPad but gave that to my wife, so solved that issue.

Nifty, everyone's back situation is unique.  Just passing along that I have sciatica and other neuropathy type pain resulting from a slightly displaced vertebrae and narrowed framen.  Shots never worked for me 'cause scar tissue from a failed surgery prevent the needle from getting close enough to the nerve to do any good.  Had a neurostimulator installed last April.  95% relief.  Went from pain to severe pain to only mild discomfort at some times.  Might be worth a look.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Nifty Personally you have not said or done anything at all that offended me in any way period. I figgured you were an old crumudgen like me that says what he thinks. Hate to hear of your back problems. Hope the shot works and like Rev I said a prayer for you

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Haven't offended me one bit! Glad to have you with us, hope you get well soon!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Dude, we are over it. I also have back issues, and am considering Accuscope surgery this year.

Euthanasia was ruled out because of the recovery time would definitely cut into the golf season.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

No worries Nifty, we'll all get the shits when we're in pain.

Having said that... :D

tumblr_m6gs8hMg0n1qczpxno1_500.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

No worries Nifty, we'll all get the shits when we're in pain.

I think "the shits" are a different issue, but that certainly effects the mood also. :lol:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I always enjoy your posts Nifty. We seem to have similar thoughts regarding equipment. You never directed any negative posts towards any member so I hope no one took offense. I liked that you were speaking your mind.

I hope this shot relieves your pain and gets you ready for spring. To a speedy recovery!

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Kor,

Wow, just Wow! I hope your daughter is doing OK. That is some serious surgery.

If you were to see her now you wouldn't even be able to tell unless you saw the scar. She was 12 at the time, when I think about the minor back pain I feel at times it really pales in comparison to this surgery. Surgery on the back isn't always the end of some things, as in our case it is a new beginning, and she grew 2" in one day.

Archived