Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Bridgestone's New JGR Hybrid Irons

I'll try to get a closer look at these later today too....

FORGED FOR FORGIVENESS

Covington, Ga. — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf and a recognized industry innovator, announced today the launch of its new JGR Hybrid Forged Irons at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show. The new Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Irons use innovative technologies and materials to deliver longer distance and more forgiveness, while maintaining the buttery feel golfers have come to expect from forged irons.  

“Similar to how we identified a gap in the market and invented the category of Tour balls for amateur swings back in 2008, we noticed that there was major gap in the club market for players who wanted the feel of a forged iron, but needed more forgiveness,” said Josh Kinchen, Golf Club Marketing Manager, Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “Our solution is the JGR Hybrid Forged Irons.  JGR Irons deliver unmatched forgiveness, launch and distance due to their incredibly low and deep center-of-gravity and face design.”

jgr-hybrid-irons.jpg

The forgiveness and performance that the JGR Hybrid Forged Irons generate is achieved through three primary technologies:

1. Ultra-thin Face Design
• Crafted from a proprietary metal alloy, Ultimate Strong Metal 2.0 features unparalleled tensile and yield strength in an ultra-thin (1.5mm) face for greater repulsion, forgiveness and longer carry distance.  

2. Low and Deep Center-of-Gravity 
• Utilizing a unique wide-sole design that resists digging at impact, the center-of-gravity in the JGR irons is located in the extreme lower rear of the club, allowing for incredibly easy, high launching distance.

3. Turbo Rubber Composite Insert
• Bridgestone's patented insert in the clubhead dampens vibration at impact, further enhancing its soft forged feel and saves discretionary weight to optimize perimeter-weighting forgiveness.

The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons come standard in a set of 6-PW2 with both steel (Nipponâ„¢ NS Pro Zelos 8) and graphite (UST Mamiyaâ„¢ Recoil) shaft options.  Street Price for steel is $699 and for graphite it is $749.  Custom shaft and grip options are available.

The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons will be available at retail on March 4, 2016.

Visit www.bridgestonegolf.com to learn more about Bridgestone Golf's 2016 plans and to view the comprehensive lineup of new products

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Not too shabby. Hopefully the top line isn't too thick.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I have hit these.  They go straight. And high.  We tried to curve them, but were only able to hit very small shaped cuts and draws..  Almost too forgiving..  And the lofts are a joke.  There are 2 PW's  The 7 iron is essentially a 5 iron, but flies on a 7 trajectory. If you can bet past the look, B-stone has a huge hit on their hands...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Makes me think of this old chipper my grandfather had for a long time

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

We've gotten there.Thirty-two degree five-iron to twenty-two degree five-iron.Loft creep has reached TEN degrees.Congrats, OEMs.

Does it really matter though if the ball flight is the same as the old one? Obviously this club isn't targeted at me but who cares what the loft is if the gapping is consistent.

If I can fly a 7i my 5i distance with a 7i trajectory, I'm all for it!  I would like a little more workability; that's the problem I have with my Ping i20's

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If I can fly a 7i my 5i distance with a 7i trajectory, I'm all for it! I would like a little more workability; that's the problem I have with my Ping i20's

Totally agree. I don't see the problem with jacked lofts if the ball gets in the air with the same flight as the higher lofted same clubs. It won't work for my game bc I would need 8 wedges but the club isn't aimed at me is it? It seems like an ideal club for ams.

On I side note I'm with you about workability. Although I'm sure I could still hit a 40 yard cut if really really wanted to.

Totally agree. I don't see the problem with jacked lofts if the ball gets in the air with the same flight as the higher lofted same clubs. It won't work for my game bc I would need 8 wedges but the club isn't aimed at me is it? It seems like an ideal club for ams.

On I side note I'm with you about workability. Although I'm sure I could still hit a 40 yard cut if really really wanted to.

I don't work the ball much.  I like straight.  But when I need that shot, I want a club that will give me a little bit of curve.  Don't need 40 yards though.  lol

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Only time I hit a 40 yard cut is when I'm trying to hit draw. So I set up for the draw and double cross the hell out of it. 80% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'll try to get a closer look at these later today too....

FORGED FOR FORGIVENESS

Covington, Ga. — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf and a recognized industry innovator, announced today the launch of its new JGR Hybrid Forged Irons at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show. The new Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Irons use innovative technologies and materials to deliver longer distance and more forgiveness, while maintaining the buttery feel golfers have come to expect from forged irons.  

“Similar to how we identified a gap in the market and invented the category of Tour balls for amateur swings back in 2008, we noticed that there was major gap in the club market for players who wanted the feel of a forged iron, but needed more forgiveness,” said Josh Kinchen, Golf Club Marketing Manager, Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “Our solution is the JGR Hybrid Forged Irons.  JGR Irons deliver unmatched forgiveness, launch and distance due to their incredibly low and deep center-of-gravity and face design.”

The forgiveness and performance that the JGR Hybrid Forged Irons generate is achieved through three primary technologies:

1. Ultra-thin Face Design
• Crafted from a proprietary metal alloy, Ultimate Strong Metal 2.0 features unparalleled tensile and yield strength in an ultra-thin (1.5mm) face for greater repulsion, forgiveness and longer carry distance.  

2. Low and Deep Center-of-Gravity 
• Utilizing a unique wide-sole design that resists digging at impact, the center-of-gravity in the JGR irons is located in the extreme lower rear of the club, allowing for incredibly easy, high launching distance.

3. Turbo Rubber Composite Insert
• Bridgestone's patented insert in the clubhead dampens vibration at impact, further enhancing its soft forged feel and saves discretionary weight to optimize perimeter-weighting forgiveness.

The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons come standard in a set of 6-PW2 with both steel (Nipponâ„¢ NS Pro Zelos 8) and graphite (UST Mamiyaâ„¢ Recoil) shaft options.  Street Price for steel is $699 and for graphite it is $749.  Custom shaft and grip options are available.

The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons will be available at retail on March 4, 2016.

Visit www.bridgestonegolf.com to learn more about Bridgestone Golf's 2016 plans and to view the comprehensive lineup of new products

Did you get a closer look?  Do they sell individual clubs or only a whole set?  Where in the world are Bridgestone fitters?

Did you get a closer look?  Do they sell individual clubs or only a whole set?  Where in the world are Bridgestone fitters?

Meeting with them today. From previous discussions they know they are, and refer to themselves as, a "challenger" brand, and that they're fighting for shelf space and the attention of retailers and consumers every day.  It's certainly not for lack of trying and definitely  not for a lack of quality equipment.  Not releasing anything new between 2011 and 2015 probably didn't help them much.

One thing I will ask is how their 3-club demo program has worked out.  I'll also ask about plans for getting to retail and for fitting.  

I have a couple of pix somewhere on my phone - will try to post them today.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Clunky, but better looking than the Cleveland 588 Altitudes.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Meeting with them today. From previous discussions they know they are, and refer to themselves as, a "challenger" brand, and that they're fighting for shelf space and the attention of retailers and consumers every day.  It's certainly not for lack of trying and definitely  not for a lack of quality equipment.  Not releasing anything new between 2011 and 2015 probably didn't help them much.

One thing I will ask is how their 3-club demo program has worked out.  I'll also ask about plans for getting to retail and for fitting.  

I have a couple of pix somewhere on my phone - will try to post them today.

Thanks.  This may be the year that I rework my bag.  I have been talking about it for a year.  The problem is the SCORs; I don't want to give them up, but can't find what I want that starts where my 42* SCOR ends.  I like the feel of forged and an 8i or whatever equivalent has to fly on a similar trajectory as the SCOR.  It's really hard to fit clubs that gap between my FW and 9i SCOR.  

I don't work the ball much.  I like straight.  But when I need that shot, I want a club that will give me a little bit of curve.  Don't need 40 yards though.  lol

When you find yourself as deep in the woods as I do from time to time the ole 40 yard cut comes in handy lol.

And we also agree again. I'm generally trying to hit the ball pretty straight. 3 yard cut is my prefered shot shape

Got some info - intended to be basically a super-duper game improvement iron. Strong lofts and a wide wide flange. Forged for nicer feel

The decision to to with 6-p2 instead of 5-pw was a Japanese market decision. The guys I spoke with weren't happy, but it was a fight they weren't going to win.

Sent from my LG-H443 using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

uploadfromtaptalk1454086705662.jpg

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Some more pix---

uploadfromtaptalk1454213925329.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454213971655.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454214005214.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454213948394.jpg

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

There's more to my dislike of those modern strong lofts than mere old man stubbornness. The modern numbering protocol attaches stronger lofted heads to short shafts. For reasons well beyond my grasp of physics, this seems to me to create a more rainbow-like shot trajectory.

The golf shot is not supposed to be a rainbow. Once the ball stops ascending, it's supposed to descend rapidly on a steep plane. I don't want my approach shots to hit the green like a flat stone skips across a pond. I want an impressive ball mark to have to repair when I get there.

I remember my 1977 Spalding Executive iron set. The 9-iron was not only 46º but was extremely sole weighted as well. That combination is alleged to hit ballooning shots that fall short, but I easily hit that 46º / 36" 9-iron 135 yards on a beautiful 9-iron trajectory. The set was apparently designed to complement the old Spalding-made Top Flite ball; the latter hit by an Executive iron flew like a wound Titleist hit by a Wilson Staff blade. Most of my misses were LONG with that 9-iron, but that rock hard ball always backed up when hit by a lofted club. You don't get that very easily from today's gear.

I should mention that my more conventional looking irons which preceded the Executives had a 48º nine iron. That new Bridgestone 9-iron is listed FIFTEEN DEGREES stronger at 33º!

There's something younger players might not know about those old days. Because there were no websites with printed specs giving the loft of your clubs, most people didn't even think about it. I knew mine because I always asked, and if the pro shop didn't have the numbers first hand, I called the manufacturer. "Long Distance" calls used to cost considerably more than local calls in those primitive times, but at least 411 information was for free.

Anyway, that made it really easy for the OEMs when they decided to jack the lofts. Most recreational players didn't even know. Maybe the shorter hitters liked to hit rainbow shots that descended more flatly and thus traveled further.

These lofts may be jacked up but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the 9i loft isn't gonna be 33*..

And believe it or not, even though I'm only 27 I actually have a set of Spalding Executives somewhere that were my dad's. They were nice but give me the newer stuff. Its miles better.

I'm kinda looking at lofts differently these days... once you realize the intended market for Gi and SGI clubs, it really doesn't matter to me what the loft is on the club.  If I'm a beginner or an occasional player who has trouble with distance and with getting the ball up in the air, SGI sets with a low lofted "7" iron may simply become my 150 (or 140, or 130) club.  Who the hell cares what number is stamped on the bottom of it? That particular iron set isn't meant for me, anyway - everything from the shaft to the look to the launch is aimed at an entirely different player.

Learned this first hand while demoing the Wilson C200's. Seriously hot face -- the lofts are slightly jacked compared to, say, the F5's or V4's, but they're not intended for the same market.  Also, the stock shafts are waaayyyy to whippy for me, but not for the intended market.  I am interested in seeing what these might be like with the right shaft.

OEM's might start doing themselves a favor and doing a better job of targeting their irons towards the right market, and we as consumers always need to think more rather than just reacting.  Had a nice long talk with Bridgestone's people about these irons, and they're very clear on the intended market.  Josh Kinchen, the product manager for clubs, said it sure would make a hell of a lot more sense to have the JGR's marked 5 thru PW instead of 6 thru PW2, but that's the way the clubs are marketed in Japan, so that's how they're going to be marketed here.  When you have as small of a market share as Bridgestone US does, there are fights with corporate you fight and there are fights with corporate you don't.  

I think Wilson targets their irons very well with the F-C-D categories.  Bridgestone's irons are all over the place -- they fit certain categories but it's kind of hard to decipher where some of their mid-range irons fit.  These are obviously on one end, the blades are on the other -- but it's a challenge to sort out the rest.  

One thing that did hit me during the show and reading some of the comments -- we're talking fricken' golf equipment here. We're not fighting ISIS or curing cancer - they're sticks to hit balls with. When looked at within the context of intended market - and for OEM's who don't do a very good job of categorizing, that onus falls on the consumer - loft-jacking seems like much ado about nothing.  Find what you like, figure out how far you hit it, then hit it.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm kinda looking at lofts differently these days... once you realize the intended market for Gi and SGI clubs, it really doesn't matter to me what the loft is on the club. If I'm a beginner or an occasional player who has trouble with distance and with getting the ball up in the air, SGI sets with a low lofted "7" iron may simply become my 150 (or 140, or 130) club. Who the hell cares what number is stamped on the bottom of it? That particular iron set isn't meant for me, anyway - everything from the shaft to the look to the launch is aimed at an entirely different player.

Learned this first hand while demoing the Wilson C200's. Seriously hot face -- the lofts are slightly jacked compared to, say, the F5's or V4's, but they're not intended for the same market. Also, the stock shafts are waaayyyy to whippy for me, but not for the intended market. I am interested in seeing what these might be like with the right shaft.

OEM's might start doing themselves a favor and doing a better job of targeting their irons towards the right market, and we as consumers always need to think more rather than just reacting. Had a nice long talk with Bridgestone's people about these irons, and they're very clear on the intended market. Josh Kinchen, the product manager for clubs, said it sure would make a hell of a lot more sense to have the JGR's marked 5 thru PW instead of 6 thru PW2, but that's the way the clubs are marketed in Japan, so that's how they're going to be marketed here. When you have as small of a market share as Bridgestone US does, there are fights with corporate you fight and there are fights with corporate you don't.

I think Wilson targets their irons very well with the F-C-D categories. Bridgestone's irons are all over the place -- they fit certain categories but it's kind of hard to decipher where some of their mid-range irons fit. These are obviously on one end, the blades are on the other -- but it's a challenge to sort out the rest.

One thing that did hit me during the show and reading some of the comments -- we're talking fricken' golf equipment here. We're not fighting ISIS or curing cancer - they're sticks to hit balls with. When looked at within the context of intended market - and for OEM's who don't do a very good job of categorizing, that onus falls on the consumer - loft-jacking seems like much ado about nothing. Find what you like, figure out how far you hit it, then hit it.

Well said! I feel the outcries for loft jacking is just something for people to complain about. You think Jason Day cares his lofts are stronger than normal? Whatever gets the wins and your score low should be the main concern

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Actually, I explained rather specifically what's wrong with the loft jacking if you seek a traditional ball flight. Strong lofts on short shafts change trajectory.

And if you look on the Bridgestone website, the 9-iron loft is indeed 33º. If you bother to look, you can't miss it.

Fortunately, there are now alternatives for everybody. In my case, Hogan dumping the club numbers and offering 44 lofts solved the problem. I could specify the length and lie for each loft.

For those who don't care, well that's cool--don't care. But to suggest there's no validity to disliking modern lofts is in my opinion a very disingenuous argument.

Actually, I explained rather specifically what's wrong with the loft jacking if you seek a traditional ball flight. Strong lofts on short shafts change trajectory.

And if you look on the Bridgestone website, the 9-iron loft is indeed 33º. If you bother to look, you can't miss it.

Fortunately, there are now alternatives for everybody. In my case, Hogan dumping the club numbers and offering 44 lofts solved the problem. I could specify the length and lie for each loft.

For those who don't care, well that's cool--don't care. But to suggest there's no validity to disliking modern lofts is in my opinion a very disingenuous argument.

Will respectfully disagree Nifty -- in the hands of targeted golfers, there's probably a benefit to stronger lofted irons.  Guys like you and me who don't have a problem getting the ball in the air, you're right, But to a high handicapper any help he can get is probably to his benefit.  He just wants to have fun and play the game.  Precision isn't on his mind, making the ball go down the fairway in the general direction of the green is.  A beginner or high handicapper isn't worried about a specific ball flight, he worries that his ball actually has flight.  

As you progress in the game, this stuff gets more important, no doubt - that's why Snedeker doesn't game the JGR irons.  But for someone just starting the game, give him all the help you can, in my opinion.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'll tell you part of my problem.  I finished the season at twelve point something, not bad for my age.  But my full shot ball striking is more like a seven or eight and my short game is more like a twenty.

Short game requires practice, an activity with which I'm shamefully unfamiliar.  Chipping, lobbing, putting, sand game--mine could give you nightmares.

So while I score like a chopper, I must take pride in my ball striking as it surpasses expectations based on my physical condition and athleticism.  I like my shots to look like I want them to look, and I can't do that with most modern gear.  Still, there is stuff, both old and new, that I can enjoy using.

Actually, I explained rather specifically what's wrong with the loft jacking if you seek a traditional ball flight. Strong lofts on short shafts change trajectory.And if you look on the Bridgestone website, the 9-iron loft is indeed 33º. If you bother to look, you can't miss it.Fortunately, there are now alternatives for everybody. In my case, Hogan dumping the club numbers and offering 44 lofts solved the problem. I could specify the length and lie for each loft.For those who don't care, well that's cool--don't care. But to suggest there's no validity to disliking modern lofts is in my opinion a very disingenuous argument.

Bc they are using the Japanese numbering there are 2 pitching wedges. Thus making the first one of them really a 9 iron and the actual 9i an 8i. Bridgestones US division can't help the Japanese are weirdos.

• 6 months later...

I was very intriqued by these irons (as a high HC'er) when I saw them at the PGA Show and hit them, they were definitely easy to launch and get in the air.

But here we are 7 months later, and i literally heard no marketing or buzz on these from Bridgestone, I know Barbajo touched on the the difficulty Bridgestone has had in general in getting shelf and floor space.   But it seems like there was no marketing at all on them.  I know I spoke to our local Bridgestone rep at the show and I promised him if he came by our course we would give the entire line balls, and some clubs a good look and consider stocking a some product. 

He never followed up or came by.  So there is part of the issue as I see it

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I was very intriqued by these irons (as a high HC'er) when I saw them at the PGA Show and hit them, they were definitely easy to launch and get in the air.

But here we are 7 months later, and i literally heard no marketing or buzz on these from Bridgestone, I know Barbajo touched on the the difficulty Bridgestone has had in general in getting shelf and floor space. But it seems like there was no marketing at all on them. I know I spoke to our local Bridgestone rep at the show and I promised him if he came by our course we would give the entire line balls, and some clubs a good look and consider stocking a some product.

He never followed up or came by. So there is part of the issue as I see it

You're right & it's too bad. I have a set and they have been an unbelievable find for me. I have dropped my HDCP 6 strokes this year and these irons are a big reason why.

Driver: Epic Flash 9* with UST V2 5F4 shaft

Fairway Woods: EF 3W and Rogue Heavenwood

Hybrid: 2019 BB 4Hybrid

Irons: Tour B H1 Hybrid Forged Irons 6-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 54* -PM Grind 2.0 wedge, 58*

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta

Archived