TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hunter Mahan's winning clubs

Moecat

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/winners_bag/

6a00d8341caaef53ef01310f49c1ff970c-500wi

Here is a complete list of the clubs that Hunter Mahan used to win the 2010 Waste Management Phoenix Open:

DRIVER: Ping Rapture V2 (10.5°) with a Ping Prototype 824 X shaft

FAIRWAY WOOD: Ping i15 (15.5°) with an Aldila RIP 80 X shaft

HYBRID: Ping i15 (17°) with a UST V2 89 X hybrid shaft

IRONS: Ping S-57 (3-PW) with True Temper X-100 shafts

WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (54°), Ping EYE2 (59°) with True Temper S-300 shafts

PUTTER: Ping IWI D66

BALL: Titleist Pro V1x

How about Hunter's driver face cracking during the round and his girl ran out to the car to retrieve a New driver. He said he's used that same driver for over 2 seasons. I was surprised when I heard a younger player such as Hunter using the same model for so long.i heard the story after yesterdays round not exactly sure what hole it was but must have been a little nerve racking at first.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

How about Hunter's driver face cracking during the round and his girl ran out to the car to retrieve a New driver. He said he's used that same driver for over 2 seasons. I was surprised when I heard a younger player such as Hunter using the same model for so long.i heard the story after yesterdays round not exactly sure what hole it was but must have been a little nerve racking at first.

Almost had to use his 3 wood on the par 5!

Does anyone have information about the Ping Prorotype 824x shaft Hunter has in his driver? Such as what is it similar to-is it specially made just for Hunter, specs? I am just interested. I find it interesting he is using the Ping Prototype. Must be a very good shaft.

PING G400 Max / Accra Fx 2.0

Callaway ROGUE 5W / Accra Fx 2.0

TaylorMade 2009 Hybrids

Mizuno 900 JPX Hot Metal w / XP 95

Mizuno S5 Wedges

Odyssey 2-Ball Putter

Bridgestone RXS Ball

Vessel Stand Bag

Does anyone have information about the Ping Prorotype 824x shaft Hunter has in his driver? Such as what is it similar to-is it specially made just for Hunter, specs? I am just interested. I find it interesting he is using the Ping Prototype. Must be a very good shaft.

not positive on Hunters shaft, but we did a Ping demo day about 2 weeks ago and they had some super good stock Ping Shafts in the drivers, I was reaching for the drivers with aftermarket shafts and was surprised that Pings higher end stock shafts were out performing

Wow! So he won with the PING Eye2 wedge in his bag. Ain't that something??!! I wonder what Scott McCarron has to say about that.

I do find that interesting, to say the least.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Wow! So he won with the PING Eye2 wedge in his bag. Ain't that something??!! I wonder what Scott McCarron has to say about that.

I do find that interesting, to say the least.

Actually, there was an article on the Golf Online (I think) site about Mahan and the Eye 2 wedges. He had been playing the BeCu wedges for several years when all of the stink started being raised about Phil. He was very uneasy about the situation and had added an Eye 2+ to his bag (non BeCu, BTW), during practice rounds with an eye (no pun intended) towards replacing the offending club during tournament rounds at some point. I wonder which lob wedge he actually used last week?

Great info, here are some others from that week as well:

Hunter Mahan

PGA Tour: Waste Management Phoenix Open

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 (10.5 degrees; Ping Prototype TFC700D shaft)

Fairway Wood: Ping i15 3-wood (15.5 degrees; ATTAS International 80 shaft)

Hybrid: Ping i15 (17 degrees; Mamiya UST Proforce V2 89 X shaft)

Irons (3-PW): Ping S-57 (True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (54 degrees), Ping Eye2 (59 degrees)

Putter: Ping IWI D66

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Footwear: FootJoy ICON MyJoys (Champ spikes)

Glove: FootJoy StaSof

Ai Miyazato

LPGA: HSBC Women's Champions

Driver: Bridgestone Tour Stage X-Drive prototype (9.5 degrees; Graphite Design Tour AD shaft)

Fairway Woods: Bridgestone Tour Stage X-Drive 701 3-wood (15 degrees; Graphite Design Tour AD shaft)

Hybrids: Bridgestone Tour Stage F-UT #3 and Bridgestone Tour Stage X-UT 101w #3 and #4

Irons (5-PW): Bridgestone Tour Stage X-Blade GR C-1 (Nippon N.S. Pro V-90 shafts)

Wedges: Bridgestone Tour Stage X-Wedge 101lb (52 and 58 degrees)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Teron

Ball: Bridgestone Tour Stage X-01G+

Footwear: Ecco Classic Hydromax (Champ spikes)

Glove: Bridgestone Tour Stage GLTX80

Fran Quinn

Nationwide Tour: Panama Claro Championship

Driver: TaylorMade R9 460 (9.5 degrees; Aldila VooDoo XVS7 shaft)

Fairway Wood: TaylorMade Burner 3-wood (14.5 degrees; Aldila NV Proto 75 shaft)

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP FCT (19 and 22 degrees; Matrix Ozik Altus shafts)

Irons (4-9): TaylorMade R9 (True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts)

Wedges: TaylorMade RAC 10 (48, 54 and 58 degrees)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Square

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Posted Image

Tim

I thought the exact same thing.... was very surprised. He said if it wasn't for his girlfriend he would've been screwed. I guess she ran out to his rental car where he had his backup.

not positive on Hunters shaft, but we did a Ping demo day about 2 weeks ago and they had some super good stock Ping Shafts in the drivers, I was reaching for the drivers with aftermarket shafts and was surprised that Pings higher end stock shafts were out performing

According to the Ping nFlight software, most of the stock Ping shafts are really close performance wise to aftermarket shafts. The engineers at Ping have taken a ton of measurements of all the shafts available, and put them into a matrix on the nFlight. I compares ballflight, feel, tip stiffness, butt stiffness, and on and on. pretty amazing stuff.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

It's interesting that he would play the Rapture and not the i15 or the G15.

I was thinking the same thing. I've heard such rave reviews on the i15 from better players. I guess I had assumed that most of their staff players would be on it.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• 1 month later...

It's interesting that he would play the Rapture and not the i15 or the G15.

A lot of the tour pros are playing the V2 driver... The head is forgiving not to mention ball speeds are through the roof.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

• 1 month later...

A lot of the tour pros are playing the V2 driver... The head is forgiving not to mention ball speeds are through the roof.

Cabrera just switched to the i15 this year - Hunter is the only one still playing the Rapture...

Archived