Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

From The PGA Show - Golf Pride SNSR Putter Grips

Golf Pride SNSR 1.jpg

Sifting through the notes and pictures from the PGA show and wanted to share the story on the new Golf Pride SNSR Grips....

Met with Bruce Miller, Golf Pride's Retail Products Manager, and he shared the following tidbits.

First, Golf Pride doesn't pay anyone to play their grips, but it remains the #1 grip in golf, and by a pretty wide margin.  These guys can get any grip they want and the fact they choose Golf Pride is a source of, well, pride....

Golf Pride SNSR 2.JPG

Did not know this -- Golf Pride is far and away the #1 putter grip on Tour, as well.  That primarily due to their OEM business, but they say when it comes to putter grips, no one else is even close - they have more putter grips on Tour than #'s 2 and 3 combined.

Which brings us to the SNSR.

Bruce said  the most important part of a putter grip is feel - it has to feel good in your hands if it's to perform.  They can enhance feel two ways, with material and with shape. 

Golf Pride SNSR 4.JPG

The new type of rubber compound in the SNSR is 40% softer than the material GP has been using in their standard putter grips.  It's kind of interesting - despite being so soft, it actually discourages you from gripping the putter too tightly.  It actually "springs back," so you won't be choking the grip to death over a 4-footer to halve the hole.

Golf Pride SNSR 3.JPG

The Red SNSR is a pistol countered grip - it has a wide paddle to rust your thumbs on, which should help alignment, as well as nicely beveled edges for comfort.  

The Blue SNSR is a straight profile from top to bottom.  Both are available in 104 CC and 140 CC.  I was planning on liking the Straight blue model more, but after trying both I did find the contoured model more to my liking. The pistol, combined with the beveled edges and wide front paddle seemed to fit in my hands nicely.  

Golf Pride SNSR 5.JPG

Just goes to show, preconceived notions are easy to cling to, but they can often be wrong. 

Golf Pride says roughly 75% of the Tour uses the traditional contoured and tapered pistol-type grip.  The SNSR grips are just the beginning - Golf Pride figures these will fit into the middle of the bell curve for grip styles, and they are planning on more and different styles in the future. 

Both 140 CC models weight in at 124 grams, the 104's are both 90 grams. Both have a .580 core size.  

SNRS will hit the stores April and will price out at $25 each.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

that's a good price point! But man, why so many colors?? any chance of a 1 or 2 color option with black or white, preferably no neon?

I thought that i'd like the fatter SS slim 2.0 style uniform width all the way down, but after going back and forth, i found like the fatter SS style grip but with a tapered end, it just feels better to me. 

I got a restoration project going now, and picked up a Pure Big Dog for it. nice and heavy, SS Slim 2.0 style with a tapered end, pics to come once it's done

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived