Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

RARE GOLF PUTTER ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL ATTENTION

GolfSpy Tim

Lapuz creates “Hinotori Touch Putter”

Kronos Hinotor Shadow.jpeg

Hinotori Touch Putter by Kronos Golf Founder Phillip Lapuz is now on display at the British Golf Museum in St. Andrews, Scotland. Lapuz and his business partner Eric Williams are well ­known for their success on ABC's hit show “Shark Tank” pitching their company that sells precision milled and meticulously hand finished golf putters in San Diego.

The “Hinotori” was designed by Lapuz over the course of three months, followed by months of polishing to perfection. Lapuz spent time living abroad in Kyoto, Japan, and visiting the Byodo­in Temple featured on the Japanese ten yen coin. Lapuz's design features the Japanese Hinotori which literally translates in English to "bird of fire", or "phoenix."

Kronos Hinotori Grey Back.jpeg

“The high relief engraving design on the Hinotori was inspired by years of traveling throughout Japan and experiencing its many wonders,” Lapuz said. “In particular, the beautiful and intricate representation of those emotions, crafted out of a desire to express my fond feelings of Kyoto.

The “Hinotori” is among more than 16,000 golf related items in the collection at the British Golf Museum, known to be one of the most comprehensive golf collections worldwide.

KronosHintori black and white.jpeg

“Golfing Links Organization and the British Golf Museum both recognize and respect true golf craftsmanship and knew there wasn't a better place to showcase the “Hinotori” to golf enthusiasts worldwide than the home of golf, St. Andrews,” shared Golfing Links Organization CEO Vincent Walker. The “Hinotori” will be on display through October, 2016.

Good grief that's gorgeous!

Golf jewelry.

I'd be afraid to put it anywhere near my playing gear...

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

If they played golf at Hogwarts.....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If they played golf at Hogwarts.....

I'd hate to see those hazards, let alone what the ball would do to you

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Fugley.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I think I'd've maxed out my attention span after just making the dang club. I couldn't imagine how tough that carving job was. Assuming it ain't machines

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Amazing!! Didn't know they were based in San Diego time to try and check this place out

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Archived