DST Compressor - do you want it

chemclub

Did not know that more people here have the wedge. I would have figured the opposite. Yeah what accounts for the Tour Use for the DST especially when you have a poster in this thread saying it is much easier to hit than the Tour Striker? Are you aware of many opting for the CR-10 clubs too?

My assertion that the wedge is more popular is pretty unscientific. I just looked at a bunch of photos and I also has to do with the fact that I can't make up my mind about pretty much anything. I don't think anyone on the forum has indicated they bought/use the CR-10 (could be wrong). The DST website bills it as a transition to hitting a real iron but that seems a little gimmicky to me. All it does is force you into a forward press, which the website says should be your starting address position to keep the swing dynamics simpler. I am not interested in the CR-10 since I want to look like a weirdo with the curved DST.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Here's why the Tour Striker is more difficult. I can't post a pic at this time but go look at the head/face of the club then go look at a DST. With the TS there is roughly only about 1/2 of a normal club face from which to strike a ball. I have the 7i TS. Now look at the face of a DST. Again in my case I own the 8i model. It has a full club face. With the TS if you don't force a pronounced forward shaft lean you'll strike the ball with the lower portion of the club face which is rounded and you'll worm burn it. With the DST however, you have a full normal club face just like your regular club. The only difference being the curved shaft. The DST is easy to hit. The Tour Striker is not. For me anyway.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's why the Tour Striker is more difficult. I can't post a pic at this time but go look at the head/face of the club then go look at a DST. With the TS there is roughly only about 1/2 of a normal club face from which to strike a ball. I have the 7i TS. Now look at the face of a DST. Again in my case I own the 8i model. It has a full club face. With the TS if you don't force a pronounced forward shaft lean you'll strike the ball with the lower portion of the club face which is rounded and you'll worm burn it. With the DST however, you have a full normal club face just like your regular club. The only difference being the curved shaft. The DST is easy to hit. The Tour Striker is not. For me anyway.

I'll try to take a look at this later.  If you have time to post a pic sometime, I would like to see the comparison.  Why do you think there are Tour players using the DST and you don't hear of anyone using the Tour Striker? 

Mulligan... just go to tour striker dot com. You'll easily see the club and how the head and face are designed. Then go to DST and do the same comparison. You'll see.

I have both clubs. TS 7i and DST 8i. They are both good training aids. They both take a different approach in trying to teach how to strike a ball with compression using forward shaft lean. I can't say definitively that one is better than the other. What I can say is the DST is easier to hit.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I've thought about taking an old iron and a grinder and making my own tour striker style club just to see if it'll work. I'll let y'all know if I go through with it and if it works

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Well it might Ethan. However.... go take a look at the TS closely. It's got a pronounced roundness to the lower 1/3 of the face-sole area. Mine is down at the office or I'd post a pic. But I think you'll get the idea.

Is the DST CR-10 just a Tour Striker? I am seriously thinking about just buying both, one as a wedge and one as a 7-8 iron.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455366835.177918.jpg

Here is a pic of the face of the tour striker

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Is the DST CR-10 just a Tour Striker? I am seriously thinking about just buying both, one as a wedge and one as a 7-8 iron.

The CR-10 does not have a face similar to the TS. It has a straight shaft instead of a curved shaft. It does still have the line up aids that get your hands ahead of the ball. The impression I get is that you use it after you've used the regular curved DST.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I am leaning heavily towards the dst. I have a tour striker, bought it before I started lessons and was able to hit it well. I think it's easier to cheat. Gonna talk to my coach before purchase to make sure this is something I could benefit from.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The CR-10 does not have a face similar to the TS. It has a straight shaft instead of a curved shaft. It does still have the line up aids that get your hands ahead of the ball. The impression I get is that you use it after you've used the regular curved DST.

That's the website says.  I am just wondering if there is really any advantage to using it instead of just a regular straight shafted club?  In other words, is it just an attempt to get more money or is there truly a benefit to using it instead of any regular shafted club already in your bag?

Just to chime in here. I have a tour striker and the DST. I prefer the DST for a few reasons.

First of all. The tour striker is easy to cheat. I purchased the club, had the few experiences with worm burners and the like, and then quickly learned how to essentially flip at impact to simulate a good strike.

With the DST it seems to reinforce the fundamentals of golf. I showed it to my teacher on Wednesday and he was blown away by it! He loved the position it put me into at impact. He loved the immediate feedback it provides, he was really excited about it and wanted to purchase one or a few for in his store to sell and have for his students.

Just from a real world effectiveness standpoint, the DST is the more memorable, and easier to reinforce club to hit. It's very sound in what it is teaching the golfer to do, and doesn't really have a way to work around it.

The only key is being honest with yourself about the ball flight. If you try to justify the high/weak shots that are co,one off the iron as being good shots then it won't change anything for you.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Just to chime in here. I have a tour striker and the DST. I prefer the DST for a few reasons.

First of all. The tour striker is easy to cheat. I purchased the club, had the few experiences with worm burners and the like, and then quickly learned how to essentially flip at impact to simulate a good strike.

With the DST it seems to reinforce the fundamentals of golf. I showed it to my teacher on Wednesday and he was blown away by it! He loved the position it put me into at impact. He loved the immediate feedback it provides, he was really excited about it and wanted to purchase one or a few for in his store to sell and have for his students.

Just from a real world effectiveness standpoint, the DST is the more memorable, and easier to reinforce club to hit. It's very sound in what it is teaching the golfer to do, and doesn't really have a way to work around it.

The only key is being honest with yourself about the ball flight. If you try to justify the high/weak shots that are co,one off the iron as being good shots then it won't change anything for you.

Hope that helps!

Sschaffer24, DST wedge or 8-iron?

Wedge!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

• 4 weeks later...

Singh... I think they are quite different actually. Although the concepts of both clubs are similar.... striking the ball with forward shaft lean; with the TS it's much harder to accomplish. I own both clubs and have found the DST to be very easy to hit quality shots with. They are both good products. They just take a different approach getting you there. I think if I were asked to choose one I'd select the DST.

BTW... I own a 7i TS and 8i DST.

I've been using the DST to practice recently after having some terrible experiences with my irons on vacation. It's been extremely helpful in getting me into the correct position and really eliminating the positional thoughts from my mind! Highly recommend.

I as well have a tour striker and the DST. I just find the DST more intuitive and honestly a little more difficult to master and overall more effective.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Received my DST Wedge last week. The snow just came off of the range so I will hopefully get a chance to try it out next week. I also got a Tiba putt. I am out of control since joining this forum!