Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

More Game Golf Stuff?

Okay, maybe I've been asleep at the wheel....

At the PGA show there was all this buzz about Game Golf's deal with Golf Pride over the new grips with built in holders for the sensors. 

Did I miss this?

GAME GOLF TAGS

See your game in real-time with the Android-exclusive GAME GOLF Tag set. You get instant insight on how you hit every shot. Simply attach the GAME GOLF NFC tags to your clubs and record each shot using your Android phone without having to take it out of your pocket. All you need to bring is your “A" game.

tags-1.jpg

One of the few apps out there that's Android only, but has anyone seen or heard of this? At $99 it's not a bad alternative.  Click here to check it out,

Very similar to this thing.  Buy out? Am I missing all the news???

More research to follow...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Looks like Golf Pad may have eaten a bit of their market so they're putting out another product to get some share back. IMO.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I made a comment previously somewhere about this marriage. It's certainly a better finish than having a tag screwed into and fully exposed on the end of your club. However, what if you don't like Tour Velvet grips? Like me. I don't really see this as a viable option for most people. I would not regrip my clubs with Tour Velvet just to have a better fitting tag.

Disclosure: I was an early adopter of Golf Game. Didn't like all the tapping and messing with the site after a round was uploaded. I sold mine in 2015.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I wonder how deeply this product category will penetrate. I totally see it for competitive golfers, golf teams and coaches, etc.  For the recreational golfer I think the market is pretty limited - it's a great idea but how much information do guys like us really want?  And how much of it really helps  us, other than its better to know than not know...

That said, the technology is pretty cool.... B)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yes... the tech is cool. But at this point all I'd really care about is one tag for one club at a time. For example. I might be particularly interested in my 8i distances. I pop on a tag and play a few rounds. Later I might decide to do the same with my driver or perhaps a 6i. Later still or in between times I'm gathering data I don't use a tag at all. I don't need or care about having all shots with all clubs all the time. I'm defiantly not a social guy. So sharing isn't of interest to me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived