Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2016 TRUE Linkswear Elements - Coming 2/16/2016

SPY ZINGER

8sTMEzRb.jpg

True Linkswear is set to launch their 2016 line this Tuesday, February 16.  Since 2010, these have been my go to shoe because of their comfort and width.  I really feel True should relaunch the originals that put them on the barefoot map.

Anyway, all that we have so far are these teaser photo's.  I requested some pics and details.  So far, we have a shoe that seems to have been inspired by the elements themselves.

-2.jpg

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

They've lost their way. Going back to what started it all sounds like a good idea.

Sort of agree here. Still waiting for a replacement for the Stealth. No shoe since has worked as well for me. Spikes on the Game Changer Pro killed my feet last season...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Sooooo it's mesh... Wow. Innovative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Sort of agree here. Still waiting for a replacement for the Stealth. No shoe since has worked as well for me. Spikes on the Game Changer Pro killed my feet last season...

I actually wore my Game Changer Pros during my two week Florida trip this month and had no problems at all.  I played on wet fairways at LPGA Int'l course and feet stayed dry.  I am looking forward to the new models.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sh!t, just bought two pair of Game Changer Pros and I ALWAYS walk.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• SPY VIP

They were fine when the ground was softer but the hard cold ground could have used a bit more cushion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I don't really have a problem with cushioning, but I can feel the spikes when walking on cart paths.  That's why I am thinking those Massaging Insoles that Barbajo posted in the Minnesota Golf Show thread might be a good addition.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've walked a bunch of rounds in mine and loved them.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I guess I have to get a pair.  My True Tours are almost 2 years old and are my goto walking shoe.  I haven't had to walk in my Game Changer Pros yet, cart only, but I think they would work just fine.  I just like the Tours when I walk.  

I like the leather shoes from True, but the Elements might be a little cooler in the summer.  Don't need the waterproof, but might be nice when I travel to Seattle.

Frustrating that I want to buy this shoe, but can't get a quote on shipping cost. Buying two pairs of Chukka next week.

Maybe if you can get a quote, they would add in some Kentwood socks!   :D

Well, I ordered them and they arrived today. They come with the gray laces like shown in the pics above but they also have a second pair in lime green. It takes a little time to change them but I like the color better; just stands out.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1456508380.214633.jpg

I like the look of them. I'd be interested to know how dirty the material gets when it's a bit wet.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

The material looks like it should stay clean pretty well. I think a damp rag should be enough. I'll let you know.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the look of them. I'd be interested to know how dirty the material gets when it's a bit wet.

The shoe post today reminded me that I would comment about the True Linkswear Elements.  

I have been wearing these shoes for about a month, both walking and riding in a cart.  I played 18 holes in a light rain and they are definitely waterproof.  

They are also quite warm, almost too much I think.  I will have to wait and see if they are too warm to wear in the summer.  I walked 18 last week when it was 65* and I was wearing Kentwool Tour Standard socks and my feet felt very warm.  My last pair of Trues I wore last summer with Kentwood Tour Profile were great in the heat.  

These shoes are easy to clean by wiping off light dirt (and the occasional goose poop).  HOWEVER, the golf course spread so rather dark, sticky "dirt" on the driving range teeing ground a couple of week ago, and not all of it came off the shoe.  

IMG_0431 (1).jpg

As you can see in the pic, the crease in the top of the shoe from normal walking shows a dirty tinge to it.  This is after repeated washing with detergent and warm water.  Both shoes show the same dirt.  It's like it's under the surface of the synthetic material.  

I really like the shoe, and they are very comfortable, but they are no longer a shoe that a clothes horse would wear to the country club.  Fortunately, I don't play at a CC so I will keep wearing them; that is, unless they are too warm for summer wear.  

Thanks for the feedback Kenny.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I used to love Trues. It seems they have lost their way a little.  The ones I got were the most comfortable thing to eve rput on my feet. I loved them. These dont look nearly as comfy

Actually, mine are just as comfy as any other pair I've had.  I am disappointed with the material.  

Archived