Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

NIKE FLYKNIT CHUKKA: Street-Style to the Fairways

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

nikegolf.jpg

NIKE FLYKNIT TAKES TO THE COURSE

flyknitshort.jpg

A street-style staple, the Nike Flyknit Chukka was originally created in 2013, as part of the HTM line — an ongoing collaboration between NIKE, Inc. CEO and designer Mark Parker, Nike design legend Tinker Hatfield and style ambassador Hiroshi Fujiwara. A year later, the shoe cemented its sporting legacy on the medal stands of Sochi. Its appearance in golf, a first for Flyknit, brings a fresh aesthetic to the fairway and a sustainable twist to the sport.

A revolutionary manufacturing method, Flyknit enables designers to micro-engineer every stitch of the Chukka to create a featherweight, formfitting one-piece upper while simultaneously reducing manufacturing waste and materials. The upper is further enhanced by Nike Flywire technology for support and lockdown.

nikeflyknitcloseup.jpg

Nike Flyknit upper technology for a supportive, lightweight fit

nikeflyknitsole.jpg

Nike Free-inspired outsole for natural flexibility

nikeflyknitside.jpg

Integrated Flywire cables for lockdown and support

Next, to bring the silhouette inline with golf needs, a golf-specific Nike Free-inspired sole unit, with superior traction elements in the toe and heel, is added. And the upper is also skinned with a thin TPU layer for water resistance against light rain and morning dew.

The Flyknit Chukka has been worn on the course by Patrick Rodgers, Jamie Lovemark and Kevin Tway. It is available to the public in two colorways for men (black/white and racer blue/white) and women (black/white and pink pow/white) at nike.com and select retailers.

nikeflyknitpair.jpg

The Nike Golf Spring/Summer 16 line disrupts the status quo with bold new polo designs, advanced legwear and radical footwear that takes tailored performance to a new place, for the modern golf athlete.

-----------------------

​Looks like companies are try to make high-tops all the rage this season. First it was Puma and now Nike with the FlyKnit Chukka. Personally, I'm not sure if I'd wear em or not. Have see them on I guess.

What do you think of the Nike Golf FlyKnit Chukka and would could yourself wearing them? At least giving them a try?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'll try anything once. Twice if I like it....

Folks get awfully uptight about stuff like this. Wear them or don't wear them, but styles change (says the guy who wore a corduroy leisure suit in the 70's....)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I want these! Even if they weren't shoes I play every round in these would be great for summer practice because they look good with shorts or pants.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'd definitely rock the blue ones.  I could see them having a spot in the rotation next season when they go on clearance, not dropping $200 on them.  (I actually have no idea what they cost)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

What are THOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSEEEEEEE  ?!

As the young(er) kids say. Also not ment in a positive way.

I do like that they are refining and making course wear in a more "Athletic" cut and not just slim or traditional which is slightly triangle shaped, but those shoes are hideous- thats just my take though. I would like to see how the sability of the upper would be like. 

The polos they released with that odd collar remind me of the collar I have seen in soccer jersey's like the 2012 Euro's, Puma made some jersey's for Italy with a similar collar, not bad, Wonder if this is the Rory input. 

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I will have them......

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Remember this you old dudes out there. These shoes are not for you. Nothing looks worse than an old man (or women) wearing age inappropriate clothing.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm really curious what those soles do to a green.  I would think they've been tested, but with those sharp corner ridge pieces it just looks like they would sink right in and leave marks.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'm really curious what those soles do to a green. I would think they've been tested, but with those sharp corner ridge pieces it just looks like they would sink right in and leave marks.

They're the same style of spikes that are in the TW15s and the FI impact. So I would think they're not too bad or we'd have heard it like we did with the adizeros from a couple of years ago.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Not my style, I like the traditional golf shoe, some of the athletic shoe styles, and the casual soft spikes. , which I guess makes for most styles , except these. Boots are not for me. nike's really going for it in the soft goods, but those pseudo collars on the shirts are terrible, look very George Jetson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Remember this you old dudes out there. These shoes are not for you. Nothing looks worse than an old man (or women) wearing age inappropriate clothing.

Actually, I don't really care if they are not for guys lie me.  These are pretty nice, and I'd wear them, but not for $190.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not bad but I can't pay that much for golf shoes, especially not non-waterproof ones.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I'm in the clothing business and I deal with a lot of retailers, and I say this to everyone as nicely as I can. DO NOT BUY NIKE. They are the worst company for a retailer to deal with, they force feed people who carry them tons of horrible product to get the "good stuff". They tell store where they can and can not expand to if they still want an account with them. They are the bullies in soft goods, I will not buy anything from them.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I dunno - I figure at my age I can wear whatever the hell I want and I stopped caring what others thought.  My wife, however, has a different opinion, so I pretty much wear what she tells me to.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'll try anything once. Twice if I like it....

Folks get awfully uptight about stuff like this. Wear them or don't wear them, but styles change (says the guy who wore a corduroy leisure suit in the 70's....)

You need to pull that out and wear it the style is totally back.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Looks like Rory is wearing these this week at the riv

• 2 weeks later...

Tried them on today. Different. Not what I expected. A bit flat in the toe area. Not narrow, but flat. Stiffer feel than I hoped for. I really want them to use this "Free-inspiration" to make something like True and Vivo. 

The heel cap on Chukka is thin and hard. I could really notice it in a bad way when I tried on size 10US. I'm a 9.5US. You do not want to buy these one millimeter too big. 

I think it'll be a great shoe after 2-3 rounds. To be honest - I'm disappointed that they didn't make it super-duper-fantastic-comfortable. TW and Chukka is 0 for 2 for Nike on opportunities to make a sofa for our feet.

Chukka is the best looking shoe of the year. Absolutely fantastic. At least on my feet, which are perfect size compared to the rest of the body :D

Archived