Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Steal on Bridgestone balls!

AH1980MN

So the girlfriend and I were in the local Target store, and I drag her along for my obligatory cruise through the golf aisle. If not for her I would have missed it! "Honey are these good balls?" I see her holding a box of Challenge Golf AA grade Bridgestne '330's on clearance for $5.98. $5.98! Needless to say we bought out the rack - I now have 2 cases of 330's, one each of 330RX and RXs, and gave my 74 year old Pa a case each of RX/RXs. Ashley herself walked away with a dozen each of the whole line (330/330s/330RX/330RXs). I would advise anyone here to get out and check the racks at your local Target - you may be surprised! Now if we could just move the calendar forward a month or three... Anyways, I've only played the 330s before (liked it a lot) so i was wondering what you folks' thoughts on this might be..?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

If you don't have the swing speed (over 105, driver) you probably won't like the B330, or B330s, those are very difficult for slower swing speeds to be able to compress so you likely won't be able to maximize the ball characteristics. the RX, and RXS balls are made for a bit slower swing speed so those will suit players with 90-100 swing speed, I find that the tour Bridgestone balls are more specific to swing speed than other tour balls, if you can't compress the ball, the ball doesn't do its job, and you will lose distance and spin. These are my feelings on what I have seen when playing the tour Bridgestone balls.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Sounds like a decent deal if you like playing refurbs. And it is. Personally, I don't much care for refurbs of any brand at any price. I have tried many different companies brands before and have yet to find one where the finish is very good. They just don't hold up well IMHO. I play new balls. I don't lose many either so I can get pretty good mileage out of a ball.

Good post just the same and thanks for passing along your find.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Right. Should probably have mentioned my swing speed - usually around 110, +/- 5mph, depending on my mood, I guess. I have played some refurbs in the past and they did wear a bit, but I don't mind that as long as its just cosmetic, and anyways, the courses I play don't usually have paved cart paths (my home course has none), but trees could be a problem...

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

First thanks for the heads up - I don't know about the Compression stuff according to our physics people here it has nothing to do with how far the ball goes.

Here's what I do know beyond that - what Kor a Dor says is the case in regards to actual performance - Bridgestone is more swing speed and swing characteristic than other manufacturers.  I will get the same distance out of the 330 as the 330 RX - I will not get the same spin and ball flight - The RX fits my game much better.

If it means anything Stacy Lewis uses the RX and I'm guessing that her swing speed is well above what most guys think theirs is.  If it were me I'd experiment and find out which ball fits my game best.

Nice deal and again thanks for the heads up.  Even the balls don't wear is well I'm guessing that they are a better value at 5.98 than at 44.95 or whatever their normal retail might be.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not sure I would game refurbs. Not knowing the condition fo the ball before the repaint concerns me a bit.  However, I am boing to go look because I would love to get some better balls for my shag bag  - which is full of stuff from the 90's and early 00's.  OP thanks for posting this.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Got to test the new B330 series a few weeks ago and one thing that was REALLY noticeable was the difference between the balls - it was beyond noticeable.  The 330RX and RXS, for example, performed noticeably differently for me (I'm an RX guy).  The B330 and 330 - for the higher swing speeds, were noticeably harder. I got decent distance out of them, but I think the RX is more my speed.  Have hit the Tailor-made TP and TPX, and ProV1 and ProV1X and the differences aren't nearly as noticeable.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Won a dozen B330RX balls from Fantasy Golf recently......when the weather warms up i will be gaming them.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Won a dozen B330RX balls from Fantasy Golf recently......when the weather warms up i will be gaming them.

Hope it'll be warm enough by March! 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I guess I also should have mentioned I did some floor putting with them all - both with my new Wilson Staff Southside, and my ooold Odyssey insert putters - definately different feeling. Almost soft/hard for the RX's and RXS's, versus a definite "click" with the 330's. I've never minded different feels off the putter, provided I have a little time to adjust, and that I don't switch mid round (or hole). I am very curious to see how they feel off the irons and woods. If i remember right i liked the feel/flight of the 330S when I had them last summer. I am a guy who generally has a high ball flight, especially off the driver - sometimes too high - so that's why I grabbed the non-S versions, but I definitely love to hit the spinny shots and flops around the greens. I guess I'm most curious about the RX as a lot of people seem to love it, and it is the official test ball at MGS. Will post more when I get a chance to hit these for real...

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

It was warm enough today. We had 46 golfers this morning with temps in upper 70's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

I"m in Indiana and it's starting to look like we might have March golf.....hitting 60's again next week.....I have cabin fever so bad, putting on my porch isn't cutting it anymore

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Courses are opening up in Minnesota. Playing in a Twin Cities Golf event Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Courses are opening up in Minnesota. Playing in a Twin Cities Golf event Sunday.

And your playing partner will be......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm not sure the guy I asked only gave a smart aleck comment. :-)

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Archived