Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New President/CEO at Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO

GolfSpy Barbajo

Just released from Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO....

MATT YASUMOTO NAMED PRESIDENT & CEO OF SRIXON / CLEVELAND GOLF / XXIO – U.S.A.

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – February 19, 2016 â€“ Srixon®, Cleveland® Golf, and XXIO® are pleased to announce that Matt Yasumoto will be appointed to the position of President & CEO of Srixon / Cleveland Golf / XXIO – U.S.A., effective February 29th, 2016. 

Mr. Yasumoto is currently serving as an Executive Officer of Dunlop Sports CO. Ltd. directing the Overseas Business Planning Group, while also serving as Chairman for Srixon Sports Australia, and as a Director for the Dunlop Sports group companies in Europe, Korea and South Africa.  Mr. Yasumoto has previously served as Executive Director of Srixon Sports Asia and President of Cleveland Golf Japan. 

Mr. Yasumoto replaces William Bird, who is stepping down as President to reassume his role as Chief Financial Officer for Srixon / Cleveland Golf / XXIO – U.S.A.  Mr. Bird has served as President for the company since March of 2015, while also continuing in his role as Chief Financial Officer. 

“I am very pleased with Dunlop Sports commitment to our success in North America,” said Mr. Bird.  “The appointment of Matt as President and CEO will significantly strengthen our senior management team.”

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I hate to say it but who cares? Thats a serious question too. I'd say the same thing about Nike BTW, neither of these companies are on my radar screen when I look at equipment.

Not that there's anything wrong with them or their products. I just always end up with someone else's in my bag before I get around to trying theirs. The one exception was the Niike One Tour D because it was a good ball at a favorable price point.

The problem for both companies is that I'm old enough that TMag and Callaway still seem like newcomers. I'm sure that neither Cleveland nor Nike care much about my group anyway. They are after the younger crowd. I wish them well. I'm happy that Wilson is back and will stick with them, Ping, Titleist, Callaway and TMag for now. Mizzie would be my next fall back.

I'm really serious in asking who cares. I wouldn't be looking down at or making fun of someone who does. I'm just curious if there is anyone.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not that it really matters to me who the CEO is but they make great equipment. The Srixon XV is a great ball and the new Srixon Irons are as good as anything out. Cleveland wedges we all know. Hopefully he will continue them along the same path.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I would like to see how they will improve the custom wedges section. 

Srixon irons are a work of art and would like to see them closer to me. 

Most of the time I don't really care who is in charge of what company, but am always interested in seeing what new or different directions they head in. 

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I agree. All the other big companies are offering multiple grinds in there wedges. Cleveland is one of the best wedges out and the need to fall in line. Just offering different bounces isn't going to but it anymore.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Archived