TESTERS WANTED! ×

Henry Taylor Wedges

fozcycle

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Never heard of them. Nice looking wedges though. Interesting that the lowest loft they offer is 52° when most PWs these days are down to 45 or even lower. Not sure why they wouldn't offer 48 and 50 models.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Never heard of them. Nice looking wedges though. Interesting that the lowest loft they offer is 52° when most PWs these days are down to 45 or even lower. Not sure why they wouldn't offer 48 and 50 models.

I guess ya gotta start somewhere!......most iron sets go thru the PW, so maybe they are starting with a 52* Gap Wedge.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Harry Taylor's story......

http://www.harrytaylorgolf.com/pages/harry-taylor-the-story

He designed for Taylormade, Founder's Club and Mizuno......quite impressive.

Logo looks like one off an older Hogan wedge (I think it was Hogan, may have been Nicklaus). Reminds me of 80's wedge design logo wise

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I was thinking Adams Tom Watson wedges

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I saw an article on them over on WRX. They are old school wedges all right. To my eye from the pics I saw they favor old school Wilson wedges to me. Hint hint maybe MGS can get us some to test and maybe I can get lucky enough to run them through the wringer like the Renegars. After all I am a wedge ho. Pretty interesting read. I will say one thing on the wedge subject. I did some trading and got some brand new Hopkins wedges and they are junk absolutely. The guy I traded with is a club ho too and he warned me that they were not worth a "s**t" as he eloquently put it . The only redeemable quality was they have KBS wedge shafts and Lamkin grips. I may pull the shafts or trade them for something else. They look good and all and sit good but do not have any feel to me because they seem cast.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

http://www.mygolfspy.com/harry-taylor-golf/

Here's a piece I wrote on Harry and his wedges...should have in hand pics here shortly!

http://www.mygolfspy.com/harry-taylor-golf/

Here's a piece I wrote on Harry and his wedges...should have in hand pics here shortly!

Chris you did a jam up write up on that article. I wish I had the talent to put my thoughts like that on paper or in this case the screen like you did

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I was thinking Adams Tom Watson wedges

Oh man those were some awful wedges too IMHO. At the old golf shop we were am Adams dealer and had some loan out demos and we could not give those things away. I remember they came in a 3 wedge boxed set. They were not too pricey though. But then again I could be biased because I remember the old Ram Watson Tour Grind wedges. But again IMHO neither the Ram or Adams could hold a candle to the Clevelands or Vokeys at the time

G

I just read the specs on those wedges. I know he is old school now because he still uses DG as his stock offering. Which is a good thing. I did not read whether they were forged or cast. I suspect cast because at D-4 they are a little light especially with a DG shaft. Beautiful looking club though. I probably would not do him justice with that beautiful design because I would have to tape the crap out of the back to get the weight up for me. But I still would like to try them after all I am a wedge ho

G

• SPY VIP

Chris you did a jam up write up on that article. I wish I had the talent to put my thoughts like that on paper or in this case the screen like you did

Thans STU - appreciate that! Should have in hand pics soon and the second they get to me, I'll take 'em out to the course!

Sorry Guys!  I just noticed that I referred to Harry Taylor as "Henry".....Please pardon my blooper.

Sorry Guys! I just noticed that I referred to Harry Taylor as "Henry".....Please pardon my blooper.

The flogging will commence immediately

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived