TESTERS WANTED! ×

New favorite

revkev

I've only been a cigar smoker for about 5 years. Like many here I generally order samplers or on occasion a package of 5. My next order though is going to be a box of La Perla Habana Morados. They are 93 rated and very reasonably priced.

Here's a question though, my humidor stays right around 65 but after about three months cigars dry out a bit. Is that normal?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

To me 65 seems a little low. 

I use Humidipak pouches 69 ot 72.  I also re-use them so I don't have to keep buying them.  So much easier than fiddling with a humidistat and a humidifier.

To re-use:  Place a bowl or a cup with water in it in the bottom of a ziploc bag.  Place spent (dried-up and hardened) Humidipak pouches around the outside of the bowl or cup.  Seal the bag and leave it where it won't be disturbed.  By the time the paks in your humidor need replaced, the ones you put in the ziploc will have absorbed enough moisture to be re-used.  Swap em-out and refill the cup with water.  Note: we have very soft water.  If you have hard water you may want to use distilled water.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Thanks guys I appreciate the tips. Not cracking dry at all just not as soft as when they arrive.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

How big is your Humidor?  25 count, 50 Count, etc.

Have you thought about re-seasoning your Humidor?  Humi-packs are great.  Try this next time you get a box of sticks.  Grab a gallon freezer bag,  most 25 count boxes of cigars come with a cedar sheet, Throw that and the cigars in the freezer bag, add a humipack and seal.  Place the sealed bag into your humidor.  

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I have two humidors both of which hold between 30 and 35 cigars depending upon their sizes.  I decided that rather than pulling the trigger on a box I'd go for a La Pearla sampler - the reason was that I wanted to try the Morado in a different size because you can't order the size that I have currently in a box, at least through the outlets that I do business with.

I will try that process when the sticks arrive on Saturday. 

I'm glad that I asked about this - I'm going to try and get my internal humidity up a bit - it's at 65 right now.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have two humidors both of which hold between 30 and 35 cigars depending upon their sizes.  I decided that rather than pulling the trigger on a box I'd go for a La Pearla sampler - the reason was that I wanted to try the Morado in a different size because you can't order the size that I have currently in a box, at least through the outlets that I do business with.

I will try that process when the sticks arrive on Saturday. 

I'm glad that I asked about this - I'm going to try and get my internal humidity up a bit - it's at 65 right now.

Re-seasoning the box should do the trick. With warmer weather and humidity right around the corner,  will also help a ton.....

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'm with Hula on seasoning your humidor - always does the trick - and make sure to keep whatever you're using to humidify filled with water or at the best "state"

I use beads and LOVE them... really really easy

I'm with Hula on seasoning your humidor - always does the trick - and make sure to keep whatever you're using to humidify filled with water or at the best "state"

I use beads and LOVE them... really really easy

X2 I have been using Beeds for years now.  Once you get them set up, its the most maintenance free set up to protect your cigars.  I have large cabinet set up that I use to put some cigars to "sleep", have about 30 boxes in there. Creedo beeds were set at 69ish %,  been that way for 6 months and counting.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Ziploc bags are not the prettiest, but might be the best humidor there is.  That's my humidor of choice for my locker at my club.

At home, I still use a wooden humidor and I have found that if I keep it in a drawer or cabinet, the humidity lasts a lot longer.  When I have needed to re-season it, I have done a couple of things that seem to work out well.  For one, I will just put a dish of water in it when its empty and leave it for few days. If I want to re-season faster, then I will wipe down the interior wood with a damp paper towel, let it soak in and then once more - put in a humidipak and then check it in a couple days.  the wood will dry out the humidipak before drying the cigars. 

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

X2 I have been using Beeds for years now.  Once you get them set up, its the most maintenance free set up to protect your cigars.  I have large cabinet set up that I use to put some cigars to "sleep", have about 30 boxes in there. Creedo beeds were set at 69ish %,  been that way for 6 months and counting.

I've tried beads before and Theyve worked well.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Ziploc bags are not the prettiest, but might be the best humidor there is.  That's my humidor of choice for my locker at my club.

Definitely gets the job done - but if not careful can lead quickly to mold.

Best humi I've heard of was a freezer.... never tried it, but I hear they work AMAZING (not in freezer mode.... - but converted)

Definitely gets the job done - but if not careful can lead quickly to mold.

Best humi I've heard of was a freezer.... never tried it, but I hear they work AMAZING (not in freezer mode.... - but converted)

Buddy converted a deep freezer into one,  had the hardest time trying to figure out how to get small amounts of circulated air into it since it was air tight when it was closed.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I use the baggie with a damp paper square for my golf bag - I never thought of storing cigars in my locker at the club - I don't stow my clubs there usually anyway so I'm always bringing my cigars from home.  The baggie works well.

I had a cigar last night from the suspect humidor.  It's been in there since early December and it was perfect - I'm beginning to think I may have just hit a bad cigar that made me think that I had an issue. 

I'm looking forward to my new stash arriving today.  I will definitely be picking my normal smoke from this batch.  I probably have a cigar or two twice a week.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I use the baggie with a damp paper square for my golf bag - I never thought of storing cigars in my locker at the club - I don't stow my clubs there usually anyway so I'm always bringing my cigars from home.  The baggie works well.

I had a cigar last night from the suspect humidor.  It's been in there since early December and it was perfect - I'm beginning to think I may have just hit a bad cigar that made me think that I had an issue. 

I'm looking forward to my new stash arriving today.  I will definitely be picking my normal smoke from this batch.  I probably have a cigar or two twice a week.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/65429/el-gordo-40-la-gloria-serie-r-herf-a-dor/#p-95890

Best $40 I've ever spent.  I've forgot it in my golf bag for 2 weeks before and the cigars were just as fine as when I took them out of my humidor.

That's a great deal Bones. The La Gloria's could be $40.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the brand nomad.real great guy out of florida is the owner/creator. You won't regret them

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

Check out the brand nomad.real great guy out of florida is the owner/creator. You won't regret them

Where is he located?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

He is out of orlando,but you can get them at many locations.his brand isnt available at the big store cigar stores.

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

Archived