GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Mizuno JPX EZ Forged Irons!

Our Sponsors

First of all thanks for this great opportunity.

My name is Lee I have been lurking in these forums for quite a while now and this has gave me the push to actually register.

I live in Liverpool, England, about a 45 minute drive from Royal Birkdale which is not just a Mizuno Fitting Centre, it's an all singing Performance Centre. Which is on my shortlist of places when I actually do get fit for new irons.

I play to an 18.0 handicap which should really be lower. I play twice a week but don't practice although I should because I have plenty of spare time that I waste.

My current irons are Adams Idea A7 OS with Grafalloy Pro Launch shaft in regular flex.I bought these second hand so I'm pretty sure these are not optimal for my swing but they were easier to play with than the Ping Eye 2 + with JZ shaft I was using but I was playing better golf with the Pings which unfortunately for me I sold.

I have never been custom fit before, and I'm sure it will make a big difference to my game, even mentally it will make a difference standing over the ball confident that everything about the club your about to use is right.

So to recap.

First name and home town           Lee, Liverpool,(England).

Handicap                                        18.0

Current irons/shafts                       Adams Idea A7 OS.  Grafalloy Pro Launch regular 

Custom Fit-yes or no                     No

1. William, Pleasanton, CA
  2. 18.4
  3. Mizuno Mx-18 Steel
  4. Original 1 degree upright and now back to normal

Looking forward to testing these out. Have had my current set for 10 years and I am in the market for a new set. Thanks

Mercy - this has been a busy thread!  Good luck to all the applicants - we'll be choosing our testers soon!!!

• Like 2

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Matt

Brisbane, Australia

Handicap: 8.0 (10/3/2016)

Current Irons: Callaway X2 Hot Pro with Project X 6.0 (Stiff) 95g shafts

And yes, they are custom-fitted.

Driver (main): Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

Driver (back-up): Titliest 915 D3 (9.5) with Fujikura Speeder Shaft 757 (Tour Stiff)

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: PING i200 4-PW in XP 95 shafts with S300 flex (+ 3 iron)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1X, Srixon Z-Star ZV & Taylormade TP5X

FYI -- we'll be selecting tonite and announcing tomorrow. Deadline for entry is 6PM Eastern tonite!!!!

• Like 2

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Good luck to the over 500 entries this is crazy tester wanted thread. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Wowzers! 500+ entrants??? That's crazy, good luck Barbajo and Bones, may the force be with you

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  TBD... 

Fairway  :cleveland-small:  Launcher HB 15° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :cleveland-small:  CBX 4i - 9i, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Good luck y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

The application process has closed and testers will be announced this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

1. First name and home town   Pat - Akron,OH

2. Handicap  10
  3. Current irons/shafts  Taylormade RSi 1 Steel Stiff
  4. Custom Fit – yes or no  No

Okay gang, this has been one of the best Test/Review Application Threads we've ever had here at MyGolfSpy!!!  Thank you all for your participation and for all the new members who applied, thank you for choosing to become a member of MyGolfSpy and we hope you join in on the Golf Talk!  We do have a good time here, that's for sure!

Anyway, enough of the foreplay, let's get down to naming our testers!!!!

After much deliberation and sifting through the nearly 600 applicants, the Tester Selection Committee have chosen the following MyGolferSpyer's to be custom fit for, and then test and review the new Mizuno JPX EZ Forged irons. 

oaks

RoverRick

chemclub

We think we picked three guys who will provide you with a thorough, thoughtful and professional analysis of what these clubs can do, and if they deliver on the promise of distance, accuracy and the legendary Mizuno "feel."  Can't wait to hear what these guys have to say!!!

Congratulations to our 3 testers -- we'll be hitting you up with a group Private Message shortly.

And to those who were not selected, not to worry - we have another AWESOME opportunity to review one of the truly unique additions to the 2016 product offering. Look for the announcement by the middle of next week. You won't want to miss it!!!

• Like 7

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Congrats to oak, RoverRick & chemclub.   I am sure that you will provide the MGS community with excellent reviews.

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Congrats, guys!

Looks like these are a bit of a welcoming gift for a couple of our newer members!  Enjoy.

I look forward to reading your reviews.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Thanks - I look forward to the opportunity.  

Newer to posting and being logged into the system - absolutely... New to the website - far from it.  

Looking forward to something more forgiving in my bag!

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

I was unable to post until now due to a GolfSpy issue (see attached photo far right on bottom for Golf Spy Admin's note to me).  Thanks!

Hopefully you'll consider my entry.  I'm still playing old Ping Eye @ with the square grooves.  I'd love a try at some new irons.  Thanks so much!

1. Paul, Powder Springs, GA (Suburb of Atlanta)
  2. Handicap - 16
  3. Current irons/shafts – Ping Eye 2 Black Dot 1-PW ZZ Lite Shafts
  4. Custom Fit - No

vbfBXQy.jpg

:D :lol: :huh: B) :lol: :lol: Words don't seem to come to me right now. 

Thank you! thank you, thank you, MGS

• Like 4

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Congratulations to the chosen ones 😀, wish you well and look forward to your feedback in the reviews.

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.