Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Looper Thought #7

Looper4life

Huh?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

If you can't think of anyone to call, or you don't have a story to tell, then you are the crotchety old codger.  :)

I don't see anyone on this site being that.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I think he is saying call up someone that you play golf with and remind him of a golf story that you tell that he's in.

For example I told the story about the round where my college roommate caddied for me in a big tournament - the NY State AM - We found my ball, I told him to stay but the ball but he didn't and then we couldn't find the stupid thing when we went back to where it was.  He's still a great friend, he comes to Florida and we play a dozen times a year or so. So if I had the time I could call him today and remind him of that store. 

I'm not going to because he'll be here next week and I'll save the story for a glass of scotch and a cigar out on the back patio of the club. :)  It often comes out after the third scotch.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

If you can't think of anyone to call, or you don't have a story to tell, then you are the crotchety old codger.  :)

I don't see anyone on this site being that.

I've been crotchety since I was seven.

And I can't call my brother cuz I owe him money.

But I called my friend who long ago hit a bad tee shot on a downhill par 3 then upon processing the result launched his Wilson Staff 7 iron 50 yards out and 80 feet up where it lodged perfectly between two branches in a tree rooted at the base of the hill.

It was the last hole and was adjacent to the clubhouse. There was 7 of us in 2 groups who were hot and thirsty and one of us who was freaking out that his 7 iron was stuck in a tallest tree amongst other tall trees.

So 7 of 8 headed off to the clubbie to enjoy some cold ones and watch our hero, who we could see through the large bay windows, fail at various attempts to free the club from the tree. He tried to climb the tree, even with the steel spikes,couldn't get to the lowest branch thank the Good Lord, then he tried his ball retriever which was approximately 60 ft. too short. As we were giggling the rest of the bar patrons came over to see the show. A nice lady came over and asked us if our friend was mentally disturbed and why we would have such a person as a friend. Nobody had an answer for that.

Things got very interesting when he started throwing various projectiles at the club. Other clubs, his golf shoes, rocks. That bad thing was what goes up must come down, so when he tossed the shoe/club/rock up, due to the heavy leafiness, he could not see the object come down.

After he almost got crowned with an asteroid-sized rock, the same nice lady had enough and told us "get out our butts out there" and stop our friend from throwing large objects in the air when he can't see where they are coming dowm. We compiled.

Our friend came into the bar to a standing ovation. A couple sitting by us bought him a beer. People were being so nice. But soon a guy walked over and offered to call his cousin who had a pet monkey who would extract the club from the tree for a fee. My ribs still hurt.

Our friend got up and left the bar, went to the parking lot alone and disgraced.

The club was never retrieved, for a couple of years we would go back to play there and barely see the club, then one time we couldn't find it. Maybe it ended up on ebay.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Archived