Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Hello from Indiana

I will defer to others on the grips but do want to say welcome and ask, what part of Indiana? I went to seminary in Fort Wayne and my firs church was in Wolcottville.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome Jsmith from the great Pacific Nothwest!!  Glad you joined up.  Weather is getting pretty nice here with temps in mid-60's.  Hope it's headed your way.

I had Winn grips many years ago followed by Golf Pride NDMC.  I liked both but they wore out pretty fast for me.  I switched to the Pure grips about 2 years ago, and I will not play anything else.  They last a lot longer and easy to put on/take off with an air compressor.  Highly recommended.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks Kenny B,

Our weathers been a bit in between lately, we had mid 60's for a day and then 2 inches of snow 2 days later. Ready for it to get warm and stay.

I will check out the pure grips, thanks for the tip.

Sent from my LG-E980 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks Kenny B,

Our weathers been a bit in between lately, we had mid 60's for a day and then 2 inches of snow 2 days later. Ready for it to get warm and stay.

I will check out the pure grips, thanks for the tip.

Check Grips4less.com.  They have most all brands and prices are decent with specials occasionally.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome Jsmith. Thanks for joining us! Jump on in and have some fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome Jsmith. Thanks for joining us! Jump on in and have some fun!!

Thanks, been great so far, wish I had joined sooner.

Check Grips4less.com. They have most all brands and prices are decent with specials occasionally.

Hey Kenny B,

Looking at the pure grip midsize DTX.

Have you tried them?

I have both the regular size and the midsize DTX. I have the regular for irons and midsize for woods. I will probably go all midsize as my hands are a little arthritic. No slippage on either and I don't wear a glove.

I have both the regular size and the midsize DTX. I have the regular for irons and midsize for woods. I will probably go all midsize as my hands are a little arthritic. No slippage on either and I don't wear a glove.

Yeah I was thinking all midsize, suffer with a bit of the arthritis myself, probably the 30 years of working with my hands. I am hitting Callaway irons, PW to 4, with burner hybrids 3,4,5.

And a Big Birtha driver, thinking about doing the whole set. Your the first feedback I have received that has actually used the grips I have been considering.

I think you'll like them. I had all reg DTX when they came out with the midsize, so I bought them. The regs were still good so I took the off the woods and put on the mids. It's easy if you have a compressor and the tool. No more tape for me!

I think you'll like them. I had all reg DTX when they came out with the midsize, so I bought them. The regs were still good so I took the off the woods and put on the mids. It's easy if you have a compressor and the tool. No more tape for me!

Been hesitating for quite a while, going to pull the trigger and give them a shot,

and got a great price at Grips4less.

Thanks so much.

Glad to have another Hoosier on board.....Fort Wayne here

I'm 6'3", have pretty large hands (can palm a BBall) and LOVE oversized grips, specifically Winn Dri-Tac Wraps

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Welcome! Not too familiar with Winn grips aside from putters. They are the softest but I know they wear fast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived