TESTERS WANTED! ×

Long time lurker....new poster

Hi All,  

After 2 years of being a registered user and not posting, I figure I might as well say hello to the great group here who have a passion for the game of golf as I do.

I picked up the game of golf in my early 20's after a childhood spent playing baseball and hockey.  My first set of irons were actually female clubs, vintage Wilson Laura Baugh irons.  I didn't know if I was going to like the golf so I didn't want to spend a lot of money.  I played for a bit with those irons and moved up to another older set, these irons from Tommy Aaron.  My initial foray into golfing to a break as life got in the way...wife, kids, work, etc.  Little did I know that my short break would end up being close to 20 years!

Fast forward to 2014 and the guys from work were talking about going golfing and asked me if I golfed?  I told them that I hadn't in about 20 years but since the kids were older that I was definitely interested.  Later that day i contacted a friend of mine in the golf business and asked him to hook me up with clubs, a bag, and shoes at an affordable price.  $200 got me set a set of King Cobra irons, Nike VRS drive, and Nike shoes.  I went out with the guys shortly after and hacked and slashed my way to a final score of 115!   I didn't care about the score....i was back and I was hooked!

Since that day my love for the game has grown more and more.  Being from Massachusetts I have to suffer through long, cold winters but once the weather turns you will find me on the course a minimum of 4 days a week.  I joined a club this year to keep down costs and also got a junior membership for my 12 year old.   There is nobody that I'd rather be on the course with than him.

Sorry for the long post.  I just wanted to give a little background on my golfing history.  I must also confess that I do have a problem....I have an addiction to buying golf clubs!  New or old I don't care.  I just love trying them out, hitting them, and comparing them.  It probably holds my game back a little as I'm constantly switching drivers but it's just so much fun!  I know from reading the post on here that I am not the only one with this problem..haha!

Greg

What's in the bag:

Driver - Yonex Ezone XP - 9.5* w/ stock regular flex shaft

Irons - Fourteen TC-910 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Wedges - Scratch golf 53* 56* 58*

Putter -  Wilson Julius Boros brass head putter

HI Greg!  Welcome to MGS -- a place golf club addicts can call home.  Glad to have you and I'm looking forward to your posts!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome, thanks for joining and passing the game onto the next generation. Jump in and make yourself at home.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Well its never too late in my book. Look forward to hearing more from you.

I've only been playing a little over 3 years but 1 good shot a round keeps me coming back

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived