Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Big News! MGS Forum To Visit Bridgestone HQ

bsg.logotext.jpg

BIG NEWS PEOPLE!!!

Bridgestone Golf is giving MyGolfspy unprecedented access to their headquarters and golf ball manufacturing facility next Thursday, March 17th! 

And thanks to the miracle of modern Social Media, you'll be able to join in the fun. I'll be posting right here using our awesome new app, as well as tweeting live from Bridgestone all day, and will also be broadcasting portions live via Periscope, so you'll get a first hand look at a Bridgestone Ball Fitting and a Bridgestone Club Fitting!  

And what's more, they've invited a local MyGolfSpy Forum member to join us. MGoBlue100, from nearby in South Carolina, will get to experience the Tour and fun.  

We'll get to try out the new JGR driver - and we'll get the definitive word on those face grooves - and see golf balls being made from raw rubber thru B330 stamping!

You can join us, too...

Follow right here, using your computer or the app.

Via Twitter - @MyGolfSpy, @golflspybarbajo, @MGoBlue100

Via Periscope - a live broadcasting companion app for Twitter.  You can download the app for free and follow me at @golfspybarbajo

Brandt Snedeker - 1.jpg

We'll be having a couple of sit-downs with product managers, so please let me know what questions you have about Bridgestone clubs and balls, the fitting process, their R&D, etc.  

This is gonna be a hoot!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome!  Looks like Bridgestone has chnaged strategies and is trying to get the word out on their clubs!

Wish I could be one visiting.  My Club's Pro Shop is a Bridgestone shop......but they do not allow Demos....:(

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Awesome!  Looks like Bridgestone has chnaged strategies and is trying to get the word out on their clubs!

Wish I could be one visiting.  My Club's Pro Shop is a Bridgestone shop......but they do not allow Demos.... :(

Bummah!  

Looking forward to teeing it up with you on the 18th!  Count me out for the morning round, but will be there with Rev and Matt for the PM.  

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Make sure you hit the JGR HYBRID IRONS ! I bought a set and they are unbelievable!

Driver: Epic Flash 9* with UST V2 5F4 shaft

Fairway Woods: EF 3W and Rogue Heavenwood

Hybrid: 2019 BB 4Hybrid

Irons: Tour B H1 Hybrid Forged Irons 6-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 54* -PM Grind 2.0 wedge, 58*

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta

Make sure you hit the JGR HYBRID IRONS ! I bought a set and they are unbelievable!

Been wanting to try them out, but my Pro Shop does not have them...all they have are J15 CB & J15 Cast.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Please ask about the milling wearing off the driver and what effect ti could have on the performance of the driver. If they say it can wear down but it wont really affect the performance then why have it in the first place? What is the spin rates for that driver with and without the milling? Im sorry Im really interested in seeing if this actually works. Im not trying to be a cynic just curious

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

That is awesome. Looking forward to following you guys that day. I might be feeling a little sick right now and have a full blown illness by the 17th.  And congrats to  MGoBlue100 that sounds like an awesome experience.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Thanks to Barbajo and MGS! Very very excited for the opportunity.  I'm an engineer in "real life", so I'll be very interested not only to see their facility, but also to got through the entire process.  Keep the questions/requests coming; I know we'll try to address everyone's curiosities! Being that it's March 17, you might even get this Wolverine to show up in green!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Sounds like an awesome experience, I'll be waiting for the coverage :)

I'm sure the #1 question on most minds is their plans for wider distribution in US retail, but can you ask if they have any plans to expand their clothing/apparel as well?  Will they be bringing shoes to the US?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Bridgestone really touts ball fitting, but they have nothing on their webpage for club fitting.  Why is that??  

Dealers don't carry the clubs (at least mine doesn't), and there is no information about which clubs/shaft combinations would be a reasonable fit.  Is Bridgestone going to put fitting carts at their dealers?  Please say YES.

The JGR driver and irons have been out for almost a week and they are not on their test drive program yet.  When will they be if they are not going to be at dealers.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Dang, sounds AWESOME. Enjoy the experience, i like what Bridgestone's been doing. Have fun gentlemen

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Awesome! Bridgestone has always made sexy irons IMHO. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Awesome! Bridgestone has always made sexy irons IMHO.

Undershooter!!! Where y'all been brother????

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Undershooter!!! Where y'all been brother????

Working and lurking for the most part haha 

Been mostly reading what everyone writes when I can, and occasionally putting my 2 cents in. I should get to post more often now that my busy season is coming to an end! 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

If there is any combination of J33R heads or J33 irons still lurking in the underbelly of the factory please let me know and I can provide you my shipping address...  :-)

Have fun!

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Thanks to Barbajo and MGS! Very very excited for the opportunity. I'm an engineer in "real life", so I'll be very interested not only to see their facility, but also to got through the entire process. Keep the questions/requests coming; I know we'll try to address everyone's curiosities! Being that it's March 17, you might even get this Wolverine to show up in green!

As long as it's Kelly Green, and puke nasty green if you know what I mean, GO BLUE!!

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm really not interested in Bridgestone equipment, it would cool to see the process though

This is the reality for me as well. I like the RX balls but the rest of it leaves me flat because im going to find something from one of my go to guys first. So what would help bridgestone from my perspective is to get into more shops. If a fitter recommended Bridgestone it would have a chance for me. That's how I ended up with Nicklaus and then Wilson irons in my bag.

I don't know who has the better opportunity here MGS or Bridgestone but nice job of hooking us up Barbajo and great call on bringing GoBlue in! Enjoy and looking forward to playing with you, Matt and Foz next week.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Would just like to see their equipment in some shops so you can actually try it out....I'm in the market for new irons this year, i'm interested in some of their offerings, but the closest retailer that stocks clubs is 2+ hours away.  I know they have a program where they ship demo clubs to your, but you have to pay all the shipping cost and it's only a 5 or 7 iron.   Anyways, I do love their golf balls, just wish the rest of their equipment were more accessible.

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I agree......My Club's Pro Shop is a Bridgestone Dealer, but there is no Fitting and no demos.....

All good input boys -- maybe when we a periscope broadcast we can take questions from y'all....

That would be kinda fun!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I agree......My Club's Pro Shop is a Bridgestone Dealer, but there is no Fitting and no demos.....

So, basically, all they can do is order Bridgestone clubs, which you can do yourself on their website.....accessibility is a hurdle for them right now

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

So, basically, all they can do is order Bridgestone clubs, which you can do yourself on their website.....accessibility is a hurdle for them right now

Big time, and they recognize that -- they have a long term plan to grow their market share but as it stands right now, if you want Bridgestone clubs, you have to work to find them.  You can buy directly from them, and any retailer that sells Bridgestone balls can get Bridgestone clubs...the demo is the hard part.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Doubtful - but we will have a heck of a good time!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hey Barbajo, is this a side trip on your way to Florida?

Hey Barbajo, is this a side trip on your way to Florida?

Yup. Will be in FLA Friday night - ready to golf with you guys on Saturday

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Say Hi to Tyler J at the Factory.  He used to work out here for us, and is a Super kid...  Even with that enormous beard....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Just received a bit of news. Looks like Matt Kuchar will be putting the new JGR driver in play, either this week or next.

So Kooch and Sneds are playing game improvement drivers !

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived