bsg.logotext.jpg

BIG NEWS PEOPLE!!!

Bridgestone Golf is giving MyGolfspy unprecedented access to their headquarters and golf ball manufacturing facility next Thursday, March 17th! 

And thanks to the miracle of modern Social Media, you'll be able to join in the fun. I'll be posting right here using our awesome new app, as well as tweeting live from Bridgestone all day, and will also be broadcasting portions live via Periscope, so you'll get a first hand look at a Bridgestone Ball Fitting and a Bridgestone Club Fitting!  

And what's more, they've invited a local MyGolfSpy Forum member to join us. MGoBlue100, from nearby in South Carolina, will get to experience the Tour and fun.  

We'll get to try out the new JGR driver - and we'll get the definitive word on those face grooves - and see golf balls being made from raw rubber thru B330 stamping!

You can join us, too...

Follow right here, using your computer or the app.

Via Twitter - @MyGolfSpy, @golflspybarbajo, @MGoBlue100

Via Periscope - a live broadcasting companion app for Twitter.  You can download the app for free and follow me at @golfspybarbajo

Brandt Snedeker - 1.jpg

We'll be having a couple of sit-downs with product managers, so please let me know what questions you have about Bridgestone clubs and balls, the fitting process, their R&D, etc.  

This is gonna be a hoot!!

• Like 5

Awesome!  Looks like Bridgestone has chnaged strategies and is trying to get the word out on their clubs!

Wish I could be one visiting.  My Club's Pro Shop is a Bridgestone shop......but they do not allow Demos....:(

• Like 1

Awesome!  Looks like Bridgestone has chnaged strategies and is trying to get the word out on their clubs!

Wish I could be one visiting.  My Club's Pro Shop is a Bridgestone shop......but they do not allow Demos.... :(

Bummah!  

Looking forward to teeing it up with you on the 18th!  Count me out for the morning round, but will be there with Rev and Matt for the PM.  

• Like 1

Make sure you hit the JGR HYBRID IRONS ! I bought a set and they are unbelievable!

Been wanting to try them out, but my Pro Shop does not have them...all they have are J15 CB & J15 Cast.

Please ask about the milling wearing off the driver and what effect ti could have on the performance of the driver. If they say it can wear down but it wont really affect the performance then why have it in the first place? What is the spin rates for that driver with and without the milling? Im sorry Im really interested in seeing if this actually works. Im not trying to be a cynic just curious

• Like 2

That is awesome. Looking forward to following you guys that day. I might be feeling a little sick right now and have a full blown illness by the 17th.  And congrats to  MGoBlue100 that sounds like an awesome experience.

Thanks to Barbajo and MGS! Very very excited for the opportunity.  I'm an engineer in "real life", so I'll be very interested not only to see their facility, but also to got through the entire process.  Keep the questions/requests coming; I know we'll try to address everyone's curiosities! Being that it's March 17, you might even get this Wolverine to show up in green!

• Like 2

Sounds like an awesome experience, I'll be waiting for the coverage :)

I'm sure the #1 question on most minds is their plans for wider distribution in US retail, but can you ask if they have any plans to expand their clothing/apparel as well?  Will they be bringing shoes to the US?

Bridgestone really touts ball fitting, but they have nothing on their webpage for club fitting.  Why is that??  

Dealers don't carry the clubs (at least mine doesn't), and there is no information about which clubs/shaft combinations would be a reasonable fit.  Is Bridgestone going to put fitting carts at their dealers?  Please say YES.

The JGR driver and irons have been out for almost a week and they are not on their test drive program yet.  When will they be if they are not going to be at dealers.

• Like 1

Dang, sounds AWESOME. Enjoy the experience, i like what Bridgestone's been doing. Have fun gentlemen

Awesome! Bridgestone has always made sexy irons IMHO.

Undershooter!!! Where y'all been brother????

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Undershooter!!! Where y'all been brother????

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Working and lurking for the most part haha 

Been mostly reading what everyone writes when I can, and occasionally putting my 2 cents in. I should get to post more often now that my busy season is coming to an end! 

If there is any combination of J33R heads or J33 irons still lurking in the underbelly of the factory please let me know and I can provide you my shipping address...  :-)

Have fun!

Thanks to Barbajo and MGS! Very very excited for the opportunity. I'm an engineer in "real life", so I'll be very interested not only to see their facility, but also to got through the entire process. Keep the questions/requests coming; I know we'll try to address everyone's curiosities! Being that it's March 17, you might even get this Wolverine to show up in green!

As long as it's Kelly Green, and puke nasty green if you know what I mean, GO BLUE!!

• Like 1

This is fantastic news and I can't wait to see what comes up!  I'd love to hear anything you can find out about manufacturing tolerances and how they fit players on tour...Looking forward to it gents!

I'm really not interested in Bridgestone equipment, it would cool to see the process though

This is the reality for me as well. I like the RX balls but the rest of it leaves me flat because im going to find something from one of my go to guys first. So what would help bridgestone from my perspective is to get into more shops. If a fitter recommended Bridgestone it would have a chance for me. That's how I ended up with Nicklaus and then Wilson irons in my bag.

I don't know who has the better opportunity here MGS or Bridgestone but nice job of hooking us up Barbajo and great call on bringing GoBlue in! Enjoy and looking forward to playing with you, Matt and Foz next week.

• Like 4

Would just like to see their equipment in some shops so you can actually try it out....I'm in the market for new irons this year, i'm interested in some of their offerings, but the closest retailer that stocks clubs is 2+ hours away.  I know they have a program where they ship demo clubs to your, but you have to pay all the shipping cost and it's only a 5 or 7 iron.   Anyways, I do love their golf balls, just wish the rest of their equipment were more accessible.

• Like 3