TESTERS WANTED! ×

CONTEST: Official Wilson Staff C200 National Demo Event - Win Wilson "Head To Toe"

GolfSpy Barbajo

Pop Quiz: What has a FLX Face, Power Holes, TE031 Urethane, is very, very long and wants to live in your golf bag for free?

If you answered the Wilson Staff C200 irons, you may already be a winner!  All you have to do is demo the C200's at your local golf shop and post your pictures here!

FLX-face.jpg

The Mother of All Contests

Let's cut to the chase. MyGolfSpy and the good folks at Wilson Staff have a significantly awesome, tremendously fun and incredibly easy way for two of you to win a set of Wilson's new and very highly rated C200 irons.

And one more lucky MyGolfSpy fan will win a full “Head To Toe” Wilson Staff equipment and apparel makeover. We're talking hat, shirt and belt for apparel; driver, woods, irons, wedges, putter, golf balls and a personalized Wilson Staff staff bag â€“ the real “Wilson Eye for the Golf Guy” treatment!

Yup, you read that right.  Two of you win full sets of the Wilson C200's, and one of you gets the Full Monty, Wilson-style.

Wilson-Staff-C200-Iron-11.jpg

Holy FLX Face, Batman!

Sound interesting? We thought so.

It's easy to enter. You'll need the MyGolfSpy app for iPhone or Android, and you'll have to demo the Wilson C200's at any local golf shop, demo event or driving range near you. Post your pictures and thoughts right here and then wait for the UPS truck to show up with a long, skinny brown box!

Here's the thing – the clock is ticking. You have until Sunday, March 20th at 8PM Eastern Time get your entry in.

Our selection committee will choose the winners for the two sets of C200's, as well as the Grand Prize “Head To Toe” Makeover winner, so spelling counts.

As do pictures. And words – be sure to tell us what you think.

Wilson-Staff-C200-irons-tech.jpg

And while it won't necessarily help your chances, posting on all the usual Social Media suspects won't necessarily hurt your chances, either.

Especially if you use the following #hashtags (hint, hint):

#MyGolfSpyC200

#C200

#GenFLX

But Wait, There's More…

Wilson will be holding demo and fitting events at stores and golf courses nationwide today through Sunday, and you can find that list and register for a custom-fitting online.

And if you register for and attend a fitting event at one of the participating PGA Super Stores, you'll also get a $20 store gift card for your trouble.

Wilson-Staff-C200-Iron-1.jpg

Marching Orders

So here are the steps:

1. Download the MyGolfSpy Mobile App for iPhone or Android
  2. Demo the Wilson C200's at ANY LOCAL GOLF SHOP, or at one of the events listed by Wilson
  3. Post pictures, location and your thoughts below.

Remember, this is a fast-track contest. The deadline for posting on the Forum is Sunday, 20th at 8PM Eastern Time.

So don't dilly-dally.

We'll announce the winners right here on Monday, March 21st.

Go…

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great!  Wait until 3 days after the Wilson Staff demo day in my area to post this.  I didn't take any pictures.   :(

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great!  Wait until 3 days after the Wilson Staff demo day in my area to post this.  I didn't take any pictures.   :(

You can still enter Kenny - just demo the irons, take some pix and write a post.  B)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I just demo'd these at my local golf store - Wow. Everything you read is true - sorry didn't take any pics.They look great and feel the same.The 7 iron went at least 10 metres more than my current Cleveland Blacks.

Would I want to win these - OMG - Yes please.

Wow, awesome contest!!  I'm in the market for new irons this year, and was already going to try these out....looks like i'll be demoing them this weekend.   :D

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Someone will enjoy these a bunch! Wilson is an extremely underrated company in my opinion. Y'all enjoy and may the best man win!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I'm in on this one that's for sure - I may even have to try and tweet - I have a twitter account and there's always a first time!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I demo'd the C200's at Vans Golf in sun City AZ on Feb 26. These are the best feeling iron I have ever hit. They have it all, looks, feel and results! I immediately wrote to Michael Vrska from Wilson Golf offering to trade my whole bag for a set of C200's. I love these clubs and can't wait to get a set in my bag!

-

Steve Cecil, CTS ‏@cleveldesign Feb 26

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf Gonna demo the C200s today! Can't wait! #GenFLX

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf demoed the C200s today! If I could trade my current set in for them right now I would. So solid!! #GenFLX

Michael Vrska ‏@vgolfman Feb 26

Michael Vrska Retweeted Steve Cecil, CTS

@cleveldesign C200 irons are the real deal Holyfield! Glad you liked them. Time to upgrade. #GenFLX #innovation

-

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf Want to trade? I'll throw in dinner the next time you are in Phoenix.

Here is the display they had in store. I can't get enough, so I am going back to hit them again at PGASS. More pictures to come!!

IMG_20160317_111819311.jpg

-

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf So your saying there's a chance... Thanks for building the one set of clubs that are a must have. #GenFlex

IMG_20160317_202854283.jpg

IMG_20160317_202948663.jpg

PGASS display promoting the event

IMG_20160317_204040682.jpg

IMG_20160317_202955658.jpg

In my wilsonstaff.jpg Nexus bag
wilsonstaff.jpg FG Tour M3
wilsonstaff.jpg D-200 3 Wood
callaway.jpg xHot 3 Hybrid
cobra.jpg Amp Cell 4-PW
cleveland.jpg 60 Degree Wedge
odyssey.jpg 2-Ball Fang Putter
callaway.jpg Supersoft Golf ball

Just got Right Rotator Cuff Surgery. Officially  ordered  my after surgery irons: C200, 4 - GW. Yes with the Elements Graphite Shafts. Demoed them 3 times before my surgery, and got fitted. These C200's KICK BUTT!!!

My 1st legit set of irons was a set of Staff Blades, and the Wilson Woods, Driver, #3, and #4 combo in 1976. Just a bit over my head, but damn pretty...

GO STAFF.... 

RHM

Well hello there peeps, things have been pretty busy here in paradise so I haven't been as active on here as I'd like lately.

I did manage o get down to the local Roger Dunn store in Honolulu to test out the WilsonStaff C200 FLX FACE irons (7i was the only club available).

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458078504.755081.jpg

To say I was surprised would be fair on two counts:

1: they are much better looking than the stock pictures would have you believe... Also, the ones I demo'ed didn't have red laser beams coming out of the FLX "slots"

2: the C200 was only marginally longer than my RSi2 7i. The flight profile was a little lower in the C200 than I'd expected. The C200 7i is 3/4" longer than the RSi2 and loft 1deg higher than RSi2.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458079040.951567.jpg

Honestly it is a shame that the store only had granite range balls as I'm sure the spin wouldn't have suffered quite as much with a better quality ball (15yds rollout with 7i is not ideal).

Generally though, this is a great looking club. The KBS Tour90 shaft won't be for everyone but is well suited to the crossover market this is aimed at. Would they go in the bag? They'd certainly put up a big fight for the top spot. The main hesitancy I've had with W/S irons in the past has been their appearance, but these get a big tick from me in this category.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458079097.572141.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458079109.439206.jpg

Just spent some time with the Wilson C200 7 iron at my local Golfsmith. To say I was impressed is a understatement. First off it just looks awesome. I mean who doesn't love new tech in their clubs. Looking down and seeing the face slots you just think wow.

First hit I could tell I would like the club. Even though only 24% of the face is connected it just felt solid. The C200 have been on my radar for a while now. After this trip I'm convinced that they deserve a spot in my Wilson Nexus 2 carry bag. #C200 #MyGolfSpyC200 #GENFLX1458080156075.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I just demo'd these at my local golf store - Wow. Everything you read is true - sorry didn't take any pics.They look great and feel the same.The 7 iron went at least 10 metres more than my current Cleveland Blacks.

Would I want to win these - OMG - Yes please.

Metres!?!?

We don't count by 10's here. We count by 12, and 3, and 1,760, and 5,280.....ugh. Nevermind.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I had the pleasure to get fit by Wilson club fitter Josh( I don't want to use his last name), specifically for the C200's. I scheduled this fitting at Van's Golf Shop in Tucson,AZ on February 27th, 2016. He spent quite a bit of time with me changing heads with a variety of shafts and he came up with the best option for me. These clubs felt so sweet once we figured out what was best for me. He told me I was best suited for the C200's with 2° flat lie, standard length, using the Element Chrome regular flex graphite shafts. This set-up allowed me to make the best swing through the ball with optimal contact and as a bonus, it added 10 yards to my normal distances. Kudos, and thanks to Josh for taking the time, the interest, and the patience to optimize the clubs for me. He thanked me for my interest in Wilson clubs and gave me a sleeve of the new Wilson Duo Urethane ball to try. Wow, what a great ball. Thanks to Wilson and GolfSpy for this wonderful opportunity. 

Gil Bloomer

Vail,AZ post-56029-0-47306000-1458084790_thumb.j

I demo'd the C200's at Vans Golf in sun City AZ on Feb 26. These are the best feeling iron I have ever hit. They have it all, looks, feel and results! I immediately wrote to Michael Vrska from Wilson Golf offering to trade my whole bag for a set of C200's. I love these clubs and can't wait to get a set in my bag!

https://twitter.com/cleveldesign/status/703323030001311744 -

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf Gonna demo the C200s today! Can't wait! #GenFLX

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf demoed the C200s today! If I could trade my current set in for them right now I would. So solid!! #GenFLX

Michael Vrska ‏@vgolfman Feb 26

Michael Vrska Retweeted Steve Cecil, CTS

@cleveldesign C200 irons are the real deal Holyfield! Glad you liked them. Time to upgrade. #GenFLX #innovation

https://twitter.com/cleveldesign/status/703379707438346241 -

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf Want to trade? I'll throw in dinner the next time you are in Phoenix.

https://twitter.com/cleveldesign/status/703410943888216065 -

@vgolfman @WilsonGolf So your saying there's a chance... Thanks for building the one set of clubs that are a must have. #GenFlex

EDIT - For those of us that don't win Wilson has an amazing demo program for the C-200's. You can get a long iron, mid-iron, and a wedge for 14 day trial. They send it to you and you return it in the same box with a pre-paid return label provided for $9.99. You can choose between different flexes and shafts but no custom options. This is a great opportunity to get these clubs out on the course, not just indoors on a mat for under $10. What have you got to lose?

http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/irons/distance/wilson-staff-d200-demo-irons/

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In my wilsonstaff.jpg Nexus bag
wilsonstaff.jpg FG Tour M3
wilsonstaff.jpg D-200 3 Wood
callaway.jpg xHot 3 Hybrid
cobra.jpg Amp Cell 4-PW
cleveland.jpg 60 Degree Wedge
odyssey.jpg 2-Ball Fang Putter
callaway.jpg Supersoft Golf ball

The Wilson web site does have that great offer to try the clubs out but unfortunately they are all out of clubs to send out. What a awesone deal for $10, no wonder why theyre all out. Going to visit my local Roger Dunn tomorrow and try them out.

I've played the Duo since it came out. This is the mark for my ball:   :D . For a guy like me, it saved my game. I know the new C200's will add even more. My current irons, Ping i's, with Recoil 95 shafts, can't hold a candle to the C200's.

I have pics of my backup arsenal of Duo's, about 10 dozen-dozen, and the ball pocket of my current bag is filled with them, and my 2 new Wilson Staff Hats, 1 in white, and 1 in Red. I wanted to add the pics, but could figure out how to do it.  Any help to tell me or show me how to add the pics would greatly be appreciated.

Still waiting on my new C200's to arrive, ordered them last week before I knew about this contest.

Had a complete fitting at the Orlando Club Champion, but they wanted to sell me a set of custom Ping G irons.  Then I hit the C200's. and that blew me away......

Anyone that thinks that Wilson Staff is a second tier club and ball manufacture, couldn't be further from the truth.

For me, Wilson is Tradition, Innovation, and Kick Ass FUN!!!

RHM

Wilson used to be relegated to the back of the store in Canada here at Golftown. But a return to their past reputation for clubs has been in the works for a few years now.

This design is both effective but also visual. You clearly see in hand the very cool trampoline like face.

Most of the Wilson stuff recently that's forgiving was a bit clunkier (sorry) or the other end of spectrum more player style.

But the offset is not too big, the c200 is a good size, reassuring, but not thick. It really is a brave design.

The height is effortless.

Really good design & looks in person much slimmer than I expected.

With a shoulder still in rehab it's time for this golf addict to move to graphite & the element should do the trick.

Pick me & I'll travel the maritimes & take the winning clubs to the cliffs of Cape Breton. I played the wonderful Cabot links 2 seasons ago now I'll play for first time Cabot cliffs & take beauty pics of the cool irons with the Atlantic as the backdrop.

IMG_20160316_100623.jpg

The Elements shafts are a perfect companion for the C200's.  Down south, here in Orlando where I live, you walk in to the new PGA Superstore, and the C200's and the large display of Duo's are the 1st thing you see.

I'm going  to add an 8802 putter, and the new PMP wedges to the collection. I only wish the new wedges for Left Hand came in Blue.

Bring your repaired shoulder and your C200's down to Orlando, and you've got a new playing partner. 

RHM

The Elements shafts are a perfect companion for the C200's. Down south, here in Orlando where I live, you walk in to the new PGA Superstore, and the C200's and the large display of Duo's are the 1st thing you see.

I'm going to add an 8802 putter, and the new PMP wedges to the collection. I only wish the new wedges for Left Hand came in Blue.

Bring your repaired shoulder and your C200's down to Orlando, and you've got a new playing partner.

Thanks for the kind words. Love the lightweight element shaft & difference in vibration you feel at impact is much less, very absorbed.

Fiancée taking a girls trip to Manhattan in future maybe I'll swing a guys trip to Florida lol.

Cheers.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458145812.777070.jpg.

I was able to demo the c200 7i yesterday at the Edina MN GolfSmith and it was a blast!

I really didn't notice the Power Holes once I started hitting and I was very glad that the offset was minimal.

It did not take too many swings to see these are about 5 yards longer than what I am currently playing.

I just wish GolfSmith would have had this club in graphite. I had golfers elbow for the first time last year which inflated my handicap and made me play a lot less. Will make the change to graphite this year to hopefully prevent it from coming back.

The C200 is what I have been looking for.

Now I need to find a fitter who carries this club!

c200 back.jpg

I am lucky enough to have a full service Wilson Retailer located 25 feet from my desk!!   ^_^  Thanks Fiddlers Green Golf Center in Eugene Oregon for having everything in stock. (Shameless plug)

wilson fit cart.jpg

I was able to test the C200 with the correct shaft from the fitting cart and compare it to my current clubs outside and measure shots with a Flightscope Launch Monitor. (currently playing Ping I25) 

flightscope numbers.jpg

These irons are a little bigger at address, but the profile is not offputting for me. 

C200 vs ei topline.jpg

c200 topline.jpg

The ball seems to launch a tad higher with the C200 vs Ping i25, but that is ok by me.  Carry and total distance was about 1/2 a club longer. Obviously, this is a very early season version of my golf swing, as I have played exactly one round in the past 5 months...  so go easy on the LM numbers... Not my best. 

I truly believe that the C200 is an iron that can fit a large number of players, and feels pretty good.  Wilson has a winner with the C200.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Was that with a 7 or 6 iron mmmmmbuddy?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Fit carts are filled with 7 irons..  Sorry, should have specified..

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Fit carts are filled with 7 irons.. Sorry, should have specified..

My first mobile app reply! Thanks

Sent from my VS870 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

7 iron was in the fitting cart. I believe the Left Hand 7 iron C200 head was in Standard and 2* up right lie, which is just the set up of lie that Club Champion advised me to use.

For some unknown reason, the Aldila Rougue Iron Shaft was not in the fitting cart. The Sales Associate at the PGA Superstore had no clue why it wasn't available.

Anyone know why???

RHM

7 iron was in the fitting cart. I believe the Left Hand 7 iron C200 head was in Standard and 2* up right lie, which is just the set up of lie that Club Champion advised me to use.

For some unknown reason, the Aldila Rougue Iron Shaft was not in the fitting cart. The Sales Associate at the PGA Superstore had no clue why it wasn't available.

Anyone know why???

Could be different carts?? I checked the cart that is 25 feet from my desk, and there are Rogue Pro shafts in several lengths and flexes, as well as the UST Chrome Elements shafts...  

Archived