TESTERS WANTED! ×

CONTEST: Official Wilson Staff C200 National Demo Event - Win Wilson "Head To Toe"

GolfSpy Barbajo

Let me first say I was skeptical but after hitting the C200 irons I am sold! I just hope I win this contest. Thanks mygolfspy and Wilson golf!

I would love C200 and FG Tour irons combo irons!

Picture below was a 8 iron...it was not driver.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My Bag:

Stolen clubs....in between!   

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tested these irons out today and they were phenomenal. I'm a 15 handicapper, using taylormade 2.0 at the moment. Put these up to the test against my taylormade 7 iron with a trackman, I got easily 1 club length longer with the C200, significantly less dispersion as well. A real joy to hit. I truly love my taylormade's, but these were awful convincing. It would be a great set of new clubs to put in the bag. Thank you golfspy and Wilson for the opportunity. 1458191990118.jpg1458192011682.jpg1458192037126.jpg1458192056027.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Colleague and I spent our lunch hour at Golfsmith in Minnetonka hitting the new Wilson C200 irons, very nice clubs!  My colleague only golfs a handful of times each year and his current set of clubs are from 1990....not a typo, really 1990.  He topped his first swing then started making unbelievable contact after that.  He was ready to buy a set right at that moment.  I loved the forgiveness  and how easy it was to get the ball up.  I would be extremely proud to own these clubs! 

IMG_3626-1.jpg

I was able to demo the Wilson C200 irons at my local golf store, Bobicks, in Fort Wayne, IN and was super impressed! While I was only able to demo the 7i, the C200 gave me an added 10-15 yards compared to my current set, and that was just with range balls! At address the urethane filled cavities around the head look great behind the ball, and even as a mid to high-handicapper, I was able to feel a huge difference in the feedback in the C200s compared to my current Adams set. Very solid feedback, great distance, and even great forgiveness. Overall a great set and no doubt one that I would absolutely love to have in my bag, especially being a college student on a budget! (Don't mind my crooked hat in the picture, unintended)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Scheduled to demo the C200 this Saturday at a nearby PGA Superstore - def excited about it!!!

Been playing TM R9s for past 5 yrs and have been actively testing / looking to upgrade ... think these may be *exactly* what I've been looking for ... My iron play / approach shots getting much stronger... :-)

Late last year had demo'ed:

TM RSi2

Callaway XR (XR OS wasn't out yet)

Callaway Apex

Titliest AP1

Ping G30 and G-Max

Cobra Fly-Z

Mizuno JPX-EZ and JPX-850

..and...

Wilson D-200

(C200 wasn't out yet and for whatever reason there was not a demo of the C100 available...?)

So...

Out of all those I liked the Apex and the JPX-850 best but...

In both cases I felt like I still may need a bit more "help" (forgiveness) on those very occasional ;) less than perfect strikes (this will be my sixth season playing).

I'd also wrote in a review at that time that the D-200s felt really solid and would be a great value set. One thing they didn't have that I liked in the XR, Apex and JPX-850 was more of a "pop" off of the face...

Also, for me, am more interested in 'control' - ie. shot dispersion and distance control - vs. outright distance.

So these new "Crossover" clubs may be just the ticket! Yeah!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Was able to try my hand at the new Wilson F5 and C200 irons yesterday at Golfsmith (Edina).

I'm an 8 handicap and I currently play Wilson FG Tour V2s. The forgiveness on the C200s was undeniable, but the F5s easily out performed my sticks as well.

It would not take much thought to swap in either of these sets to my bag for the 2016 season. Maybe it could even be a personalized bag..... 😎

Thanks Wilson and MyGolfSpy for the opportunity!

#MyGolfSpyC200

#C200

#GenFLX

-Drew Carlson-

image.jpeg

The F5's are exceptional too. But for me my "dream Bag" would be the C200's, and a D200 Driver, D200 3 wood and a D200 4 hybrid, with a RED Nexus II Wilson Staff Stand bag, "Oodles of Duo's", 2 PMP Wedges, and an 8802 putter.

Wilson Staff clubs, balls and bags - "Kick Butt and take Names".

Wilson Staff was never gone, "But like the Phoenix rising out of the ashes.... welcome to Wilson Staff, 2016 style"!!!!!

RHM

Really want to hit these, but just called local Dicks Sporting Goods and conversation went like this.

Me "I just want to check if you carry the Wilson C200 irons?"

Sales guy "What kind of clubs are those?"

Me "Umm, they're irons. Wilson C200"

Sales guy "Let me check...nope we only have Reflex"

Not a promising start

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Trying to figure out how to get to Gsmith to try them out without SWMBO finding out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just hit the Wilson Staff C200 7 iron, they are super long and forgiving, I just couldn't break the 200 yard carry distance. I see why Padraig bags the 5 iron 1458257730998.jpg1458257893079.jpg1458257920919.jpg1458257932022.jpg

Sent from my MT2L03 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Tested the c200s today they only had a tour 90 shaft so nowhere near what I need. I can't really say how good they are because I couldn't give it a fair shake, but everyone else was doing consistent 5 to 15 yard better than their current irons. 1458276787986.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Really want to hit these, but just called local Dicks Sporting Goods and conversation went like this.

Me "I just want to check if you carry the Wilson C200 irons?"

Sales guy "What kind of clubs are those?"

Me "Umm, they're irons. Wilson C200"

Sales guy "Let me check...nope we only have Reflex"

Not a promising start

Edina golf smith has a demo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458309912.842525.jpg

The Wilson C200 irons have some serious pop! Easy to hit, forgiving as heck, and longer than your current irons makes for a lethal combination!

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

I just hit the Wilson C200s at the Minn/St Paul Edina Golfsmith.  

WOW!

The ball really flies off the face of these irons and fly really high!

Great iron!

These irons are for sure on the top of my list to replace my 15 year old irons! 

Yes, I said 15 year old irons.

I believe an iron fitting is in my VERY near future.

#MyGolfSpyC200
#C200
#GenFLX

GS.jpg

Me.jpg

OMG Last night I had the opportunity to test my TaylorMade Burner 7 iron up against the Wilson Staff C200. I made three beautiful shots with my iron and then made three phenomenal shots with the Wilson' 7 iron. What a difference! I'm not going to get technical but just say it like it happened. I immediately noticed the light touch as the club effortlessly hit the ball and the ball flew in a loft I hadn't ever seen before straight down the middle. THEN, I looked at the monitor and I had added 15+ yards. I NEED THESE CLUBS! I can't live without them. They MUST be in my bag! 

HTJWilsonC200.jpg#MyGolfSpyC200 #C200 #GenFLX #HacktoJack #TwinCitiesGolf.com 

Divot Diva

Hit the D200 irons yesterday where I work as a floor supervisor and master club fitter (Golfsmith Peoria Az). The flex face technology is reiminicient of Demari double wall baseball/softball bats. Wait, Wilson makes those too.

Anyway these irons are very easy to hit, appearance is great and the technology is right on. Higher launch, longer and yet I could still work them. With a 7 iron regular flex, I hit a draw 187, fade 163 and down the middle for 170-175.

Everyone should try these D200s out. If they are not right for a golfer then I bet that golfer knows someone whose game would improve if they had these irons.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hit the C200 irons yesterday where I work as a floor supervisor and master club fitter (Golfsmith Peoria Az). The flex face technology is reiminicient of Demari double wall baseball/softball bats. Wait, Wilson makes those too.

Anyway these irons are very easy to hit, appearance is great and the technology is right on. Higher launch, longer and yet I could still work them. With a 7 iron regular flex, I hit a draw 187, fade 163 and down the middle for 170-175.

Everyone should try these c200s out. If they are not right for a golfer then I bet that golfer knows someone whose game would improve if they had these irons.

You are a master fitter, floor supervisor & work for golfsmith....

But you don't know that the irons you say we're c200 are actually d200?

Lol #confusion #distancevscontrol

Sconnie --

Love that LIG shirt, dude!! Wife and I are big fans of Rocket and LIG tees :)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I played Titleist ap2 for the last 10yrs and when I heard about the Wilsonstaff C200. I went to Golfsmith Roseville and Demo the WS C200 7 iron and ***BAM BAM*** 190 yards that is 15yards longer than my 7 iron.   WS C200 has a Hot face with solf landing. Great looking club with great feel too. Ready to put these clubs in my bag.

#MyGolfSpyC

#C200

#GenFLX

12821410_10208948112437549_8488122576918

After registering online at the Wilson Staff website, I went to the local demo days event today to check out the C200 irons. After hitting several shots with 7 iron, I was really impressed with shot dispersion, all within 10 yards of each other. The clubhead was a little larger than expected but it was so forgiving on toe hits that size didn't bother me. I told Paul, the rep, that my normal 7 iron distance was about 140. He asked me what ball I play (Titleist) and pointed out I was hitting Strata range balls 145!! My trajectory was a little low so I told him I preferred different brand shaft and he said that was no upcharge. I was so impressed with C200 that I stuck around to hit Wilson Staff hybrids. All in all, great experience. uploadfromtaptalk1458355214651.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458355228027.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 Driver 9* with TFC 419D

3 Wood: Ping G25

5 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Ti (2005) 18*

Hybrid: Ping G25 20*

Irons: Callaway X Hot 4-SW with True Temper XP95 S300

Wedge: Callaway X Tour Chrome PM 60*

Putter: Seemore Si Black 32"

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

On Tuesday I stopped in at Golfsmith in Minnetonka to try out the Wilson C200 irons. After the first 5 good shots in a row I could tell the C200 was a good club. Felt great coming off the face. The sound at a good impact was sweet. Final the distance was +10-15 yards with the 7 iron. Good club. Being a lifelong Mizuno irons player it certainly opened my eyes to possibly making a switch in the future.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458395174.616989.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458395190.425085.jpg

#mygolfspyc200

#c200

#genFLX

Just went to Golfsmith store in Edina to try the new Wilson C200.

I've always played Callaway or TaylorMade irons.

Not anymore.

Holy crap. The C200 was 5-10 yards longer than my 2015 Rsi 1 Taylormades but more importantly FELT so much better - like a forged club - and the forgiveness and consistency was better. Ball flight was higher with more spin. Love the look and feel.

I got fit and ordered them on the spot. If I win this contest, I'll give the winning set to a friend. Don't care... HAVE to have these in my bag NOW. 

Well done Wilson. You have a new loyalist.

#MyGolfSpyC200

#C200

#GenFLX

Kevin

kevin unterreiner.jpg

Hit the D200 irons yesterday where I work as a floor supervisor and master club fitter (Golfsmith Peoria Az). The flex face technology is reiminicient of Demari double wall baseball/softball bats. Wait, Wilson makes those too.

Everyone should try these D200s out. If they are not right for a golfer then I bet that golfer knows someone whose game would improve if they had these irons.

Clint,

I thought that double wall technology sounded familiar! They even sound a bit like the old Demarinis! Didn't know Wilson made those too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Went to Bobick's here in Fort Wayne this morning to demo the C200 irons.

This contest really piqued my interest because I am going to replace my irons this year (among other things), and the C200 was already on my short list of clubs to try out.

I was a little skeptical going in, I thought they might be a little too much "game improvement" for my liking.  Much to my surprise, they were not overly large at address and the sole was not too thick.  That being said, they certainly don't come up short on distance or forgiveness.  They are easy to hit, launch the ball high and I felt like I could work them if need be.   I tested the demo 7 iron with regular flex steel shaft.  I am definitely SOLD on this model and I think they will fit a wide range of golfers. The C200 irons would be a welcome addition to my bag (or possibly my new Wilson Staff Bag  :D)

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

Screenshot_2016-03-19-11-27-16aaa.png

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Looks like everyone's enjoying the C200s!

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

Archived