Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

new mizuno irons?

reg

Hey, has anyone heard about new mizuno irons coming out?

A couple of days ago I was on the verge of buying a set of MX-200s and was told they are no longer available to custom order in LH.

Being a lefty I was dirty that the MX-300s werent available in left hand, now this.

My only hope is that new irons are coming out, or please, please, please, the MX-300 become available in LH

On another forum a fellow lefty said they tried to custom order MP-52s and were told they are no longer available.

Seriously, it's hard enough being left handed without this happening.

Thanks, when they stop taking custom orders for clubs does that generally mean new clubs are on the way?

That was the actual question I meant to ask, I just got carried away with my why are lefty's always ignored rant.

• SPY VIP

Just spoke to my contact and they will not be making the MX-300's in LH...sorry :(

It does always mean new clubs are on the way but it can be one of the signals often times.

#TruthDigest

Thanks for chasing that up, I'm shattered.... I wish more clubs were made like the mx-300, cavity back with appearance of a blade. I don't like massive iron heads with alot of offset. The mx-200 isn't too bad but not really what I'd like.

This would probably explain why I was told they aren't available

http://www.mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1055

Mizuno must have decided to stop making LH clubs and work on the backlog.

• SPY VIP

The optimizer from Mizuno is the real deal and for many of the guys in the shops nowadays it is an incredible tool which takes much of the guesswork out of the fitting process.

#TruthDigest

• 5 months later...
  • SPY VIP

Based on previous release patterns the MX-1000, MP-58, and MP-68 would be the next to be released in Mizuno's lineup. Mizuno's trend has been to release new irons in the fall. Considering that the MP-53, MP-63 and JPX 800 and JPX 800 pro were all released in September, I think it's unlikely we'll see a new iron from Mizuno before, as you suggested, the end of next summer.

With respect to a next generation MP-53...end of Summer 2012, but that's just a guess.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Just an alternative, the Adams CB-2's are available in left handed and they're also forged. They feel buttery smooth too.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Based on previous release patterns the MX-1000, MP-58, and MP-68 would be the next to be released in Mizuno's lineup. Mizuno's trend has been to release new irons in the fall. Considering that the MP-53, MP-63 and JPX 800 and JPX 800 pro were all released in September, I think it's unlikely we'll see a new iron from Mizuno before, as you suggested, the end of next summer.

With respect to a next generation MP-53...end of Summer 2012, but that's just a guess.

Jeah okey, thanks mate!

In terms of "dimensions" I think MP-58 is falling in a bad spot, MP-52's and MP-53's have lot more interesting offset/sole compination and if you want more, then there's the 62's and 63's...

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons/

Archived