GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! PING Crossovers

Our Sponsors

PING-Crossover-bnr.jpg

You are about to enter another dimension.  A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. There's a signpost up ahead – your next stop?

The Crossover Zone.

PING Golf is many things, but satisfied with the status quo isn't one of them.  PING offers some of the easiest to hit long irons and hybrids on the market, and with every new offering they always have a compelling story to tell. This year's G line, from driver to pitching wedge, is loaded with technology PING believes will make the game a boatload easier and more fun to play. 

PING-Crossover-100.jpg

The Crossover

You first read about PING's new Crossover on MyGolfSpy back in January. PING says it combines the precision, workability and control of an iron with the speed and forgiveness of a hybrid, but you can't quite call it a “hybrid-iron.” Oh, and don't go thinking it's a driving iron because according to PING it's NOT – it says so on their website and they've told us so many times – they say it launches higher, is way more forgiving and way more versatile than a driving iron. 

Is this a club you need in your bag? Are you one of the unfortunates who can hook virtually any hybrid made off the face of the planet? Do long irons scare you to the point that you want to curl up in the fetal position in the middle of the 8th fairway and cry “Mommy?”

Or would you just like something that's easier to hit and more accurate?

If you're any one of those listed above, we might be able to help.

PING-CROSSOVER-100-3.jpg

MyGolfSpy Wants You!

We want to put PING's Crossover clubs to the test, and we need your help to do it. We're looking for four intrepid and energetic golfers to test and review PING's new creation and tell us if these things really are as precise, workable, controllable and forgiving as PING claims. 

Are these the real deal?

Is the Crossover a reliable replacement for a long iron? Will it fit seamlessly between your longest iron and hybrid or fairway wood?

Are they just as easy to hit as a hybrid, but stay in the same zip code as your target?

Real golfers want to know.

PING-Crossover-100.jpg

How To Apply:

We need four folks to try out and review these new Crossovers, which PING will build to your specifications and to fit into your existing set. To apply, please tell us the following::

• First name
  • Home state
  • Current handicap
  • Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex

This is an exciting opportunity for you to test out and review one of 2016's more unique niche products. Could it be the one that helps your long game? We want you to let us know!

For more information:

Visit the PING website 
Like PING on Facebook
Follow PING on Twitter
Subscribe to PING on Instagram

PING-Crossover-104.jpg

• Like 6

First name Robert

Home state. Wisconsin

Current handicap 12

Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex Ping Rapture 2i, Ping i20 3,4,5 irons all x flex.

MGS is really stepping it up this looking forward to this review weather or not I'm chosen. Thanks guys.

Alright, I'm down for a challenge. Let's see if it can knock a hybrid out of my bag.

First name: Tom

Home state: California

Current handicap: 11

Current hybrids: 16* and 20* Callaway X2 Hot Pro with UST Mamiya VTS Silver 85 hybrid shafts.

• First name: J.J.
  • Home state: BC/Washington
  • Current handicap: +1.7
  • Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex: Ping Rapture 2i TFC X Flex, Ping i 3,4,5 X-100

That is one great looking long iron--er crossover iron! I love it when the response to a challenge is met with engineering prowess. My current long irons are 3i & 4i Cobra Oversized, stiff graphite shafts, navy Lamkin cross line grips.

I am a 20+ handicap looking for game improvement. And I am filled with enthusiasm! I love the opportunity to revolutionize an aspect of my game and help struggling golfers do the same.

--Mark

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Name: Casey

State: California

Handicap: unofficial 20

Current Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour M3 Aldila RIP Phenom 85 X set to 21 up

Thanks for the opportunity MGS!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

US only Barbajo?

Just ordered a crossover, 3 iron with reg steel to drop into my combination set of ping irons - G30 (4 and 5 iron) and i25 (6 to pw)

But would happily cancel my order to try out on behalf of MGS!

I actually swung a demo of these (both a 3 and 4) recently, just messing around. They didn't have the correct shaft and consequently didn't have good feel. Definitely wouldn't mind giving them a go.

• First name - John
  • Home state - OH
  • Current handicap - 20
  • Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex - 4 Hybrid (Ping i25), PWR80 Stiff 

FYI: I just changed my username for the forum. When I signed up I created one "on the spot", but didn't care for it much. So greengrassdreams is now jrmull (parts of my name).

It would be interesting to compare these to my Malty iron hybrids...I'm in.

Name: MattF

Home State: Ohio

Handicap: 16.4

Current Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI hybrids with FST90 R flex 1/2" short

Thank you Ping and MGS.

I'd be interested to see how this performs for me.

Jeremy

Pennsylvania

Titleist T-MB 3 iron with C-Taper Lite in Stiff

I'd be quite interested in seeing how they perform vs. current hybrids.

Bruce

Connecticut

Ping Anser 20 degree hybrid

Ping Anser 23 degree hybrid

First Name: Max

Home State: Minnesota

Current Handicap: 10

Current Long Iron (plus shaft and flex): Mizuno MX-23 3 & 4 irons. Dynamic Gold steel shaft, Stiff flex

I've always felt I could use a little extra forgiveness in my long irons--specifically my 4i and this could really fit the bill.  I've been dying to try this club!

• First Name:  Mike
  • Home State:  Illinois
  • Current Handicap:  -3.7
  • Clubs:  I bag a Mizuno MP53 4i with a TT DG S400 shaft and an OG Taylormade RBZ 22* hybrid with an original Diamana Blueboard Stiff flex 83g shaft.

David

North Carolina

Last season I was using an X2Hot 3 hybrid (Matrix Hybrid Stiff Shaft) but couldn't keep from hooking it.  I hit my 4 iron much better than the 3 hybrid so I recently bagged an Adams Pro DHy 21° with an Aldila Tour Blue Hybrid Stiff Flex and have only hit it at the range (haven't played this year as I hurt my wrist and it's just getting to the point where I can swing again) and I'm impressed with how much straighter I hit it, but it doesn't get up like I would like.  It would love to play with the Ping alongside the Adams and see how they compare.  I currently play i25s and a G30 driver.

• First name - Rob
  • Home state - Tennessee
  • Current handicap - 3.6
  • Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex - Currently play 3 Taylormade Rescue 11 hybrids.  16, 19 and 22 degrees, all with Aldila RIP 85 stiff shafts

• Chris
  • Minnesota
  • Hybrids (3,4): Taylormade Rocketballz (Stock RBZ shaft: R)
  • Long Irons (5): Snake Eyes 685OS (TT Dynamic Gold: R300)

Clay

Louisiana

5.4 handicap

Adams V3 3 hybrid w/ Accra 80i stiff 

Ping i20 4-iron w/ c-taper stiff

This club is intriguing to me. I like the idea of having more trajectory and shot shape control than my hybrid.

Marty

KY

•  

• Currently playing PING G30 26 deg Hybrid, Graphite Stiff

PING WRX fit me into the 26 Hybrid ... would love to replace with the 5 Crossover.

• Miles
  • Iowa
  • Ping G2 HL 2 iron (18°) w/ JZ LIte stiff flex or Ping Eye 2 3 iron with ZZ Lite stiff flex.  Looking for more distance on second shots but can't hit a hybrid or a fairway off the deck with any consistency