Our Sponsors

40-year Ping iron loyalist wants to try these! Hook every hybrid ever made, but G30i the least. 

First Name: Jim

Home State: IL

Current Handicap: 10.4

Current Sticks: Ping G30 4-iron (True Temper steel/R flex)and G30i Hybrid 19 degrees (R flex/stock graphite shaft). 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are about to enter another dimension.  A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. There's a signpost up ahead – your next stop?   The Crossover Zone.   PING Golf is many things, b

Two review opportunities - and two record shattering application threads!!!  Way to go GolfSpies!     The committee has just handed in its selections - the "Final Four," if you will.  And the chose

Awesome! Thanks MSG and Ping. Can't wait to try these and give my review. This just made my week. Thanks again guys.   Tazz     @bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Posted Images

• First name - Joel
  • Home state - Minnesota
  • Current handicap - 4.3
  • Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex - Titleist MB 3, 4, 5 irons (KBS Tour X-stiff) .  Also 18* TaylorMade RBZ Hybrid (Matrix Altus Tour Hybrid shaft - X-stiff)  

First Name - Patrick 

Home State - North Carolina

Current Handicap - 12.2

Current Hybrids - Ping G25 20 degree, 23 degree and 27 degree all with standard Ping stiff shafts

I would really like to test the Ping G crossover 5 iron.  I play I15 irons and do not hit my four or five iron well.  I bought the G25 3 and 4 hybrids and hit them beautifully.  I figured the 5 hybrid would be a good fit for me, so I bought one (with regular shaft since it does not come with a stiff shaft), bought a Ping 4 hybrid shaft pull on ebay, cut it to length and installed it in my 5 hybrid.  I am a member at Pinehurst and the 5 hybrid is a great club for the 170-180 yard par threes where you need high flight to hold firm bermuda greens.  The problem with it is that it flies extremely high and on windy days I can only hit it 150-160 yards into the wind or bomb it 180 to 190 downwind.  I would like to try the G crossover 5 iron because from what I've read it would give me the forgiveness I need without the extremely high ball flight.  

Scott king

Georgia

Hdcp 10.7

Hybrid stiff 909h titleist (hate it and it stays out of the bag)

Instead I use titleist CB 3i and 4i love the 4 and avoid the 3 unless I need a long low stinger

And

Titleist 910f 3 wood cranked up to 16.5 degrees as a 4 wood stiff

Mike

Las Vegas Nevada

11/12 Hdcp

Ping i25 4iron (Reg Shaft) Cobra 3/4 hybrid (Reg)

Killing the cobra 180-190, 4i killing me

on 200/210 shots. Ping g20 Driver 9.5 and 3 wood 15 (Stiff)

that i strike pretty good.

John

Carlisle UK

Current Handicap 3

Very interested to try another Ping product.

Ping G 10.5 Driver Alta S Flex

Ping 3 & 5 Woods TFC S Flex

Ping G25 Hybrids 17, 20, 23 & 27 TFC 189 S Flex

Ping G30 31* TFC 419 S Flex

Ping Ketsch Putter Slight Arc

Mark

Green Bay, WI

"Current long iron/hybrid plus shaft and flex":
Adams a12OS 21 degree and 24 degree; stock shaft; stiff flex

Adams Pro DHY 18, 21 & 24 degree(s): stock shafts; stiff flex

Love to see this test, even if I'm not chosen. I've been looking to fill this gap in my bag for a few years. I actually did have a wicked hook with the a12OS clubs, which I tape weighted to account for. However, I don't like to change my setup for 1 or 2 clubs. I acquired the DHY's because I'm typically "old school" and grew up playing long irons (and persimmon woods...haha) and thought these might appeal more to me. I actually like them and they fill the 200 to 220 yard gap pretty good. Problem is, they have such a small sweet spot you have to be exceptionally accurate every time you play them. Be awful nice to see how these shake out. Thanks for the opportunity!

Very cool, and really interested in trying a Crossover

1) Ryan

2) NY

3) 7

4) Titleist 915H 21* and 24* (both set to C1 setting), Diamana D+ 90 stiff +.5"

Taylormade SLDR 430- Ahina 70S
Titleist 915FD 15*- D+ 80S
Titleist 915H 21*- D+ 90S
Titleist 915H 23*- D+ 90S
Titleist AP2 718 (5-Gap)- Steelfiber i95S
Scratch TD DW 54* & 58* KBS HiRev 125S

Odyssey O-Works 7S