Our Sponsors

Aaron

New Mexico

Rotating between a Cleveland 588 MT 4 iron graphite stiff and a Tour Edge X-rail 4 hybrid stiff shaft

Don't care at all about looks. I am looking to make the game more fun. These might fit perfectly.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are about to enter another dimension.  A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. There's a signpost up ahead – your next stop?   The Crossover Zone.   PING Golf is many things, b

Two review opportunities - and two record shattering application threads!!!  Way to go GolfSpies!     The committee has just handed in its selections - the "Final Four," if you will.  And the chose

Awesome! Thanks MSG and Ping. Can't wait to try these and give my review. This just made my week. Thanks again guys.   Tazz     @bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Posted Images

Name: Beau

Home State: California

Current Handicap: 11.1

Current Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EX9, 19 degree, UST Mamiya Recoil stiff shaft

What's in my Ben Hogan stand bag:
Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 665 stiff shaft
Tour Edge XCG7 #3 Wood, Stiff shaft
Ping i20 20* hybrid, stiff shaft
Ping S56 irons 4-PW KBS stiff shafts
Ping Glide Wedges, 50*, 54*, 58*, SS Bounce
Nike Method Putter Model #004
Callaway Chrome Soft balls

Awesome opportunity

First name: Mike

Home state: Pennsylvania

Current index 2.3

Current long iron/hybrid setup: Rbz tour 4 21.5* oban revenge 85 05, and then depending on the course, it rotates between a fly z 4-5 hybrid set at 24.5* with rogue black 85 stiff or Adams CMB 4 iron with KBS c-taper 120 stiff.

Thanks for the opportunity, hopefully I will be picked and this club can change my perception of ping.

Josh

Illinois

+1.8

Titleist AP2 712 4 iron w/ TT S300 and

Adams V3 2iron w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 65g S

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

First Name: Clint

Home State: Colorado

Current Handicap: 6.0

Current Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 3 (20) and 4 (23) w/ Project X LZ Hybrid 6.0

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 9° w/ Project X Evenflow 6.0

3wd: :callaway-small: XR Pro 14° w/ Project X LZ 6.0

2h: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: :callaway-small: XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: PXG 0311T w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: :callaway-small: MD3 50°, Titleist SM6 54° and 60°

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I would like to be considered for the Ping Crossover testing.   I am a 12 handicapper and have not found the hybrid clubs all that helpful or easy to use.  However, I would like to compare the Ping offering to see how it stacks up against my Titleist equipment.

• Name: Ken
  • Home State: Michigan
  • Handicap: 9
  • Hybrid / Long Irons

• Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid (love it) stiff
    • Waffle between Tour Edge Exotics 4-hybrid stiff, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 iron stiff.  Neither work for me (which is why i waffle)

First Name: Ben

Handicap: 11.2

Current Hybrid/Long Irons:

Adams 21deg SuperLTD w/ stock Fubuki Ax350 Stiff shaft (high, long and straight, but no workability or shaping and not great from many lies)

Adams 24deg SuperDHy w/ Aerotech Steelfiber hybrid 85g Stiff shaft (a pseudo 4 iron for me, decent but has not become my favorite club)

For years I played an old Mizuno MX25 4-iron that someone had put a TourAD-DI 95g Stiff iron shaft it.  It stayed in my bag through many different sets of irons as the reliable long iron I could count on for just about any type of needed shots when creativity was necessary.  My regular foursome took to calling it the "Magic 4-iron" as I would frequently use it rescue myself from poor drives or otherwise pull off shots that seemed impossible to their dismay.  It broke about 3 years ago and my efforts to repair it never achieved the same performance and I've been looking for another version of this since.

t's great to see a few companies beginning to offer an alternative in this category to replace the 3 or 4 iron you never hit (or can't hit) that's not just a one shot high flying hybrid or a driving iron type club meant more for the tee box - something that actually offers some playability to go with forgiveness.  I'd love to try Ping's new crossover offering and put it through the paces of these scenarios and share my results with the forum.

First Name: Bill

Handicap: 8.4

Current Hybrid/Long Irons: Adams a4 #H and 4H Mitsubishi Rayon Javlin H-80 Stiff shafts

Particularly interested in a driving iron type hybrid alternative.

Thanks for the opportunity.

This is AWESOME! :D 

I was JUST having a conversation with a golfing buddy about how I fight a hook with my current hybrid - Taylormade R15 19-Degree Rescue. And now MGS needs testers for the new PING Crossover??? The golf gods are smiling down on me. They're telling me to test one of these bad boys...  :P 

In all honesty, I'm a pretty good player. I don't know if these are designed for golfers who need a lot of "help", but I can only assume they're designed for golfers of all levels. I remember reading about The Crossover in January, and I didn't think much of it at the time. Don't get me wrong, it was a great article, but I thought it was just a super-game-improvement-iron for high-handicappers at first glance. Today's post sheds a little more light on the unique club, and I did go to PING's website to read more about it. 

Is this a club you need in your bag? Are you one of the unfortunates who can hook virtually any hybrid made off the face of the planet? Do long irons scare you to the point that you want to curl up in the fetal position in the middle of the 8th fairway and cry “Mommy?”

I hope it's a club I need in my bag! Long irons don't scare me to the point of forming the fetal position in the middle of the fairway, but these days when I pull out the Taylormade R15 Rescue, it doesn't exactly exude confidence... I fear the hook. And I fade the ball normally (when I don't hit it PERFECTLY straight... just kidding), so go figure that one out?  :blink: I thought there was just a lot of offset in my hybrid, but it appears to be relatively neutral, as far as hybrids go. The white paint seems to make it look more offset than it really is. Nothing against Taylormade, but I struggle with the R15 Rescue. It's as if when I hold a hybrid, I can't decide whether to sweep it off the ground or hit down on it like an iron. So I change ball positions. Then I hit it then. Then I hook it. 

It's an issue. I have hybrid issues.  :( 

I would LOVE to find something more accurate and easier to hit! I grabbed the TM R15 last year, because of the "spoon" look and, because it was smaller and more "tour" looking. While I'm a good player, I am NO PRO. I don't use the TM Rescue off the tee. I don't use it out of the sand. I use it for layups when I have a wide-open fairway in front of me.  <_ just can swing it like normal and i certainly very fast for the might need to hit a par-5 in>

So now MGS is looking for 4 "intrepid and energetic" golfers to test and review this club... I definitely carry on in the game of golf, and I have the energy to test this bad-boy out and give an honest, real review (this is a job interview right?  :lol: ) 

Here's my info:

Caleb

Tennessee

2.6 handicap

Mizuno JPX 850 Pro 4-iron (22 degrees) with KBS Tour 120 Shaft

Taylormade R15 Rescue 3-Hybrid 19-Degree with Fujikura Speeder 77 Stiff Flex Shaft

Even if I'm not chosen, I'm still interested in seeing some real-life reviews!