Our Sponsors

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are about to enter another dimension.  A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. There's a signpost up ahead – your next stop?   The Crossover Zone.   PING Golf is many things, b

Two review opportunities - and two record shattering application threads!!!  Way to go GolfSpies!     The committee has just handed in its selections - the "Final Four," if you will.  And the chose

Awesome! Thanks MSG and Ping. Can't wait to try these and give my review. This just made my week. Thanks again guys.   Tazz     @bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Posted Images

Joe

Syracuse

Currently use a Callaway Heavenwood as replacement for 3 and 4 iron and just grip it at different levels to change the distance. This trial really interests me. Would love to be a part of it.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Todd from Louisiana

19 handicap

Cobra Fly-Z Hyb 2-3 set to 18.5 degrees, shaft Matrix VLCT Altus  R flex 75g

TaylorMade RSi 1 4 iron , shaft is steel KBS 90 R flex

Wish you would select me.

I am interested in testing the new ping crossover club. I am currently using a new set of Ping G irons with steel stiff shaft. I am 60yrs old and I am a 3 handicap. I play golf 5 or 6 days a week in Florida, and spend lots of time at the range. I am currently using 5-gap wedge and I would like to explore the 4 iron in the crossover with stiff shaft. I am using an Adams, 4 iron rescue with a stiff pro force shaft.

• First name:  Joseph
  • Home state:  Maryland
  • Current handicap:  15.5
  • Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex:

Long Iron:  Mizuno 3i  MP-h4, Nippon 950 Regular flex

Hybrid: Titleist 915 Hd 2 (17.5) Diamana D+ White 90 stiff flex

• Name:                Mike
  • State:                 Maryland
  • Handicap:          12
  • Current hybrid:  TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 Burner RE AX-60-Stiff, 3 & 4

When I started playing with Pings in 1980 I was in the U.S. Navy stationed in Okinawa Japan.

I immediately dropped from an 11 to a solid 5 and was selected as member of the

Joint Services Golf Team.  I have always been a believer in Pings Innovative Technology.

I am highly interested in test driving the Crossovers!

Rooster-CostaRica-20131124.JPG

Interesting..... I have done absolutely no math. But reviewing about half the pages throughout this post it seems the handicaps guys are claiming are pretty low over all. If I had to take a wild guess I'd say the average handicap for all that are wanting to test this club is around a 10. I'm inclined to say it's actually lower but I backed off. This club might even be for me? I don't carry a hybrid any more because I just don't hit them well for some reason. I'm not even sure where a club such as the crossover would fit into my bag on the course I play 90% of the time. Thinking out loud I wonder why so many + to 3 handicappers would want this club. I'd think they were already such solid a ball-strikers they have no need for this type of club. But then again.... we all like to try new stuff now and then don't we?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I would love the opportunity to test the PING Crossover. I am an 11 handicap and currently have a gap in my bag that I have not been able to fill. I hit my 4 iron 225 and my 3 Wood 255 and do not currently carry a hybrid. I have not been able to find a hybrid that I can consistently hit well so I'm hoping that this club could be the solution. 

Joe

Arizona

11 handicap

Callaway X Hot Pro's w/KBS Tour Shafts

Taylormade Burner 09 3 Wood (stiff)

Interesting..... I have done absolutely no math. But reviewing about half the pages throughout this post it seems the handicaps guys are claiming are pretty low over all. If I had to take a wild guess I'd say the average handicap for all that are wanting to test this club is around a 10. I'm inclined to say it's actually lower but I backed off. This club might even be for me? I don't carry a hybrid any more because I just don't hit them well for some reason. I'm not even sure where a club such as the crossover would fit into my bag on the course I play 90% of the time. Thinking out loud I wonder why so many + to 3 handicappers would want this club. I'd think they were already such solid a ball-strikers they have no need for this type of club. But then again.... we all like to try new stuff now and then don't we?

I can't say for the other guys but for me the crossover 3 is 18* my current 3i is 21* and my rapture 2i is 18* this is supposed to be a better club than that. Fits right in between my 3w and 3i. That's where I figure it will be for most people. Even if they are great ball strikers there are plenty of pros playing hybrids this takes the place they occupy in the bag.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

PlaidJacket,  I know for me personally I have a hard time hitting the ball high.  Now in Illinois that is actually helping my game, but I feel this club could help out a lot off of the tee on holes where driver is not needed but you need to put the ball in play.  It also would be very interesting to see how it flies on 2nd shots on par 5's.  I am also seeing a lot of 1st time posters which is great for MGS!

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• First name:  Randy
  • Home state:  Michigan
  • Current handicap:  17.4
  • Current long iron/hybrid, plus shaft and flex:  TaylorMade Burner 2.0 18* Hybrid, 22* Hybrid.  Graphite/Regular.

I though I was the only one that had trouble with hooking my hybrids off the planet!  I have to do so many things to get them to hit straight - to the point that I've started experimenting with lead tape.

Help me...

RSO

Hey My Spy Golf,

It's me again.  I am really serious about bringing my handicap down by 5 strokes this season which would take me from a 22 to a 17.  This would make me a big season winner in Men's Club at Blackstone CC.  I saw this club being hit by PGA Pros at the Dell WGC in Austin.  Awesome!  I think this Ping technology will really help.  Sign me up and I will go to work on dropping 5 strokes and a solid testimonial for Ping or know the reason why in an honest test and review.

John McLaughlin, Colorado, Handicap 22, Taylormade fairway woods, 19 & 22 degree, Velox stiff shaft.

Thanks,

John from Denver