TESTERS WANTED! ×

Welcome to all the new members!

This has been a fun month or so here in MyGolfSpy - we have a LOT of new members. Some are here just for the review opportunity, but let it be known that the more you interact and participate, the better your chances to be selected.

Here are a couple of tips for the new guys:

1. Make sure to post an intro thread in the New Members section. Introduce yourself and let us know where you're from and what brought you here.

2. Take the time to fill out your profile and have a profile picture or avatar. It helps, and let's us know a little about you.

3. Use the Newest Posts button in the upper right hand corner of the Forum page. This will show you the most current threads on the forum.

4. Also go through the different topics and see if there's anything there that catches your fancy. Please comment on whatever you like and make yourself at home.

5. Lastly, we have like only 1 rule here - and that's be nice. We're unique for a golf forum because we welcome everyone, no one looks down on anyone due to equipment, experience or handicap. We can disagree on stuff - and often do - but we are first and foremost grownups.

It's what makes this place really special, and we're glad you've decided to make it your "home course."

If you have any questions - especially on how to post pictures - please hit up Bones or me via private message.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I just signed up, have enjoyed bouncing around the forum for a while.  I love how everyone has all their equipment posted after each of their forum posts.  How do you set up your profile to make that happen?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed in Chgo

11.8 Handicap

Driver:  Aeroburner Mini 12* Stiff

3W:  TM Burner Superfast 2.0 15* Stiff

4I - AW:  TM R11 KBS FST Steel Stiff

56*  TM ATV Wedge

Putter:  Ping Anser 2.0

Hi Ed - I'm on a plane right now but will post detailed instructions. Short answer is to edit your signature in your profile.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thanks for starting this post Barbajo, I saw four or five new people sign up today and was trying to figure out a way to properly welcome them beyond hellos on their initial posts. Guys and Gal don't be too discouraged if you don't get chosen for the testing opportunity that you signed up for, there will always be another one and MGS is great about spreading the wealth. In the meantime please do jump in and chat, we have lots of fun here. It's also great to know that when you travel you will have people there ready to play with you. I've played with six different MGSers in the past three months.

Welcome aboard!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully my equipment will follow this post.....

Ed in Chgo

11.8 Handicap

Driver:  Aeroburner Mini 12* Stiff

3W:  TM Burner Superfast 2.0 15* Stiff

4I - AW:  TM R11 KBS FST Steel Stiff

56*  TM ATV Wedge

Putter:  Ping Anser 2.0

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully my equipment will follow this post.....

Have created a new thread on editing your signature....

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15496-new-members-how-to-edit-your-signature/?p=195367

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 4 months later...

I thought as a relatiely new member, I'd bump this for all other new members of late.  I've followed just about every item in here.

I other thing of note, as you can tell by me bumping this one, once you get caught up on the current threads, use the jump to feature on the page numbers and go back in time too see some older posts.

You'd be surprised how many can be revived for current discussion, and a lot of us newer members missed out on them.

This has been a fun month or so here in MyGolfSpy - we have a LOT of new members. Some are here just for the review opportunity, but let it be known that the more you interact and participate, the better your chances to be selected.

Here are a couple of tips for the new guys:

1. Make sure to post an intro thread in the New Members section. Introduce yourself and let us know where you're from and what brought you here.

2. Take the time to fill out your profile and have a profile picture or avatar. It helps, and let's us know a little about you.

3. Use the Newest Posts button in the upper right hand corner of the Forum page. This will show you the most current threads on the forum.

4. Also go through the different topics and see if there's anything there that catches your fancy. Please comment on whatever you like and make yourself at home.

5. Lastly, we have like only 1 rule here - and that's be nice. We're unique for a golf forum because we welcome everyone, no one looks down on anyone due to equipment, experience or handicap. We can disagree on stuff - and often do - but we are first and foremost grownups.

It's what makes this place really special, and we're glad you've decided to make it your "home course."

If you have any questions - especially on how to post pictures - please hit up Bones or me via private message.

Thanks!!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived