TESTERS WANTED! ×

Improve your golf game by spending $?

Dana

Finding someone or a coach to help you chunk your time into manageable practice sessions. All of the right swing thoughts/mechanics doesn't help unless you're ingraining the correct reps.

Something I learned after practicing on a launch monitor (personal/professional) is that realized clubs don't make that big of a difference - unless you're getting fitted at a professional OEM facility in Oceanside, CA where they're fitting you with the golf ball that you'll be playing with on the course. There's just something about getting fitted with two-piece range balls at standard demo days that doesn't make any sense.. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe lessons and practice the correct way are the only way to go, I personally do not have a lot of money to spend on golf but I am trying to get the most out of it that I can.

I have 2 sets of clubs that I game, my main set are old Ping Eye 2s  3 iron to SW with the ZZ lite shafts and my practice set that I will game sometimes are some Slazenger Seve Ballesteros forged blades sb-02 with tiny heads 3 Iron to Pw 

I think that modern game improvement clubs have become so easy to hit that you do not get the correct feedback to work on your swing as even half hit shots go a fair way straight.

With the old blades I know instantly  as my fingers are ringing, lol.

I am not a fan of fitting for beginners as I see too many hackers fit into upright lies to try and get them to stop slicing the ball as much but the club then locks them into a swing that could do with flattening out.

Lessons from a good teaching pro in my opinion is the best way to spend my spare money and practice what drills the Pro givse me.

I am lucky to have a championship course over the road from my apartment so I get down there 3 or 4 times a week. I try to play 9 holes with the pro once a week along with 2 other players that are learning like me.

Lessons. I spent a LOT of money over the years on equipment and nothing I bought dropped strokes until I started lessons. I've reduced my handicap by over 3 strokes since getting guidance. Only thing is, if the pro sucks, you're up a creek there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think lessons should be first and foremost. Developing bad habits and then practicing those bad habits or poor swings only solidifies bad scores in the rounds to come. Club fitting can come later because if you take a look at "what's in the bag" for tour pros, you'll be surprised the variety and club selection they each choose. Unless your current set of woods are still wooden, I'm sure what you have will work as you start taking lessons and then let your teaching pro advise you on what clubs you should buy or not buy in order to improve your game and swing.

I believe lessons and practice the correct way are the only way to go, I personally do not have a lot of money to spend on golf but I am trying to get the most out of it that I can.

I have 2 sets of clubs that I game, my main set are old Ping Eye 2s 3 iron to SW with the ZZ lite shafts and my practice set that I will game sometimes are some Slazenger Seve Ballesteros forged blades sb-02 with tiny heads 3 Iron to Pw

I think that modern game improvement clubs have become so easy to hit that you do not get the correct feedback to work on your swing as even half hit shots go a fair way straight.

With the old blades I know instantly as my fingers are ringing, lol.

I am not a fan of fitting for beginners as I see too many hackers fit into upright lies to try and get them to stop slicing the ball as much but the club then locks them into a swing that could do with flattening out.

Lessons from a good teaching pro in my opinion is the best way to spend my spare money and practice what drills the Pro givse me.

I am lucky to have a championship course over the road from my apartment so I get down there 3 or 4 times a week. I try to play 9 holes with the pro once a week along with 2 other players that are learning like me.

I totally agree about modern GI clubs - not gonna help you get better, only make you appear to be better (and keep the pro shop happy that you'll soon be back to buy a new set when your beloved handicap hits the magic number)

I believe that practice (in a way that is meaningful and focused for you), along with guidance from a coach or even just someone who is a better player will be the most benefit to you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 5 months later...

Lessons. I spent a LOT of money over the years on equipment and nothing I bought dropped strokes until I started lessons. I've reduced my handicap by over 3 strokes since getting guidance. Only thing is, if the pro sucks, you're up a creek there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is alot of truth to this.

Find a Pro that gives you results. Many can do the same things for you but the one that shows you how to get some of that 20 yards you are looking for early on and keep it on the course is where I would spend some money on. All will give you a crisper shot when your there with them. Ask a pro his philosophy for a start and see what he says, if anything, about the follow through. We all know every swing and the lessons for it are different, but it is has always been interesting to me that in all other sports there is one basic set of principles to accomplish the task and be good at it in the end. Baseball to calf roping you find basics that work and are proven that all know and teach accordingly. The golf swing is the one that has 10 million words written on it. Sure its hard or not natural in itself but it is no mystery (to me) that a good full follow through can lead to the distance that is there but lacking.

Have seen to many 'hit' the ball shorter than they should or could for the lack of a solid balanced follow through as much as anything. Sometimes it is good to remember it is a "golf swing". Face angle and path will fall in line from there with a good pro. Video is the real eye opener as feel and reality or usually 2 different things and a pro with good eyes is priceless. But canned lessons, especially for distance, if the rest is not there or at least understood to begin with can be an endless cycle. A series of lessons is the catch phrase that makes me cringe. A buddy splits golf balls regular; 115-20 all day and the new Volvik didnt stand a chance either. Took a series. 1-Toe up, etc etc, and.... caput. Told him I knew he was gonna suffer (or at least give away some money) for it when he would listen to a pal after the fact. I have seen several things here in the forum that we worked on that worked for him too. He never heard of them until he asked and I finally had his ear and the point is how about lets fix this thing... 

Lessons can be a must to find it, and then fix it. The desire to focus practice on what needs to be worked on is next. Playing with those better than you is the best money you can spend too.

It all depends on your goals. What do you strive to accomplish? If you want to improve your game for the long haul, then Lessons is the way to go. If not, then, save your money for the bar tab!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have to agree with the general sentiment here. Lesson are the way to go. Find a pro you like and start there. A few lessons with some take home drills to work on. I only recommend working on 1 or 2 ideas a lesson. Do not try and over due it. It is a process. I started taking lessons after the self taught route and it made a huge difference. Do not forget a good playing lesson is well worth it as well. Learning little tricks and types of shots will help. This will also allow the pro to make sounds club recommendations as well. That is why I went from a 3 hybrid to a 5 wood. The playing lesson helps you learn to play golf and not golf swing.

Remember if we were good they would pay us to play not the other way around.

Equipment that fits can definitely help however you have to learn how to use it properly

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

seems like a chicken-egg conundrum --- fit for clubs that fit your body and your 'natural' swing, then lessons OR grab an off the rack set, get some lessons and then get fit

I'm going with the former rather than the latter.

Curious though ... is one lesson enough?  2, 3?  I know that it is completely subjective but you can go broke paying for lesson after lesson.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• 3 weeks later...

I took Lessons from Kevin Carlson , he had a great program of 10 weeks for 650 and he guaranteed you would lower game by 10 strokes. His plan was more to have you understand how to play a course, how to work your short game, first year I went from 106 to 91 avg, second year went from 91 to low 80, still haven't broke that elusive 80 but hoping.

He had a plan of lessons 3 - 6 people one week , then we would play the next, alternating each week. One of his philosophies was to break the game into 2 parts, 

1, Getting withing 100 yards of hole on regulation, and 

2. Gettin up and down in 3

3. Making all 4 foot putts

Second year he made that 100 yard 50 and making all 6 foot puts... was frustrating but I am learning lol

using that info you knew where and what you needed to work on.

I took Lessons from Kevin Carlson , he had a great program of 10 weeks for 650 and he guaranteed you would lower game by 10 strokes. His plan was more to have you understand how to play a course, how to work your short game, first year I went from 106 to 91 avg, second year went from 91 to low 80, still haven't broke that elusive 80 but hoping.

He had a plan of lessons 3 - 6 people one week , then we would play the next, alternating each week. One of his philosophies was to break the game into 2 parts, 

1, Getting withing 100 yards of hole on regulation, and 

2. Gettin up and down in 3

3. Making all 4 foot putts

Second year he made that 100 yard 50 and making all 6 foot puts... was frustrating but I am learning lol

using that info you knew where and what you needed to work on.

I'm confused on #1 on a Par 4.  I can see how it works on a Par 5, but if you get within 100 yards on a par 4 'in regulation' does that mean you're hitting a 350 yard drive (on a 450 yard par 4)?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

so on a par 4 you would be within 100 yards of green in 2 strokes for a par 4, 3 for a par 5, and 1 for a par 3

Again used on us new players. If you got it you placed a check mark on your card, He then would look at card and try to see if you needed more work in that area. 

If you were consistently getting this he moved it to 50 yards, he had one guys who was in mid to low 80s that he had on the green, "greens in regulation"

Spend your money on instruction. In addition to getting help with your golf swing; spread your resources around to include physical conditioning and sports psychology. The holy trinity of scoring involves understanding swing theory as it relates to your game, having the body to reproduce stable impact positions and finally the mind capable of separating the ego from the potential results.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I think for a beginner the most important thing is practice and playing. Spend the time doing that and see where you get on your own, and a year of penance never hurt. After that lessons for a bit so that any huge fault, like a big slice for example could be corrected. Be mindful to find a pro that can teach to what you need and isn't just a cookie baker that will try to make you swing like Rory when your not even close physically. After a few lessons get fitted so you have the proper equipment. After that 85% of funds go into play and practice. Equipment will only need replaced when it wears out- wedges every 2-3 years, drivers 5-6 and stainless irons, our the ones with titanium inserts hardly ever actually "go bad." Lessons will only be needed when something good haywire a few times a year.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

There are some very subtle differences in what will improve your game the most, depending on your skill level.

High Handicap: Lessons and practice

Medium Handicap: Lessons and practice

Low Handicap: Lessons and practice

Web.com tour or better: Club fitting, coaching and practice

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Never was an advocate for lessons until I went through a series myself. The best money I ever spent was lessons. Find a good pro and spend the money there. It is frustrating at first but lessons and practice have given more tangible results than I have ever seen.

There are some very subtle differences in what will improve your game the most, depending on your skill level.

High Handicap: Lessons and practice

Medium Handicap: Lessons and practice

Low Handicap: Lessons and practice

Web.com tour or better: Club fitting, coaching and practice

You don't seem to be an advocate of playing the best equipment for you. I think as you get to hit the mid handicap range fitting starts to become more important. A mid cap probably hits the ball well but makes mistakes that lead to big numbers or they struggle with a particular aspect of the game. Fitting help ensure that clubs aren't causing issues. When I am thinking of fittings at this level I am talking club flex, length, and lie angle type aspects

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You don't seem to be an advocate of playing the best equipment for you. I think as you get to hit the mid handicap range fitting starts to become more important. A mid cap probably hits the ball well but makes mistakes that lead to big numbers or they struggle with a particular aspect of the game. Fitting help ensure that clubs aren't causing issues. When I am thinking of fittings at this level I am talking club flex, length, and lie angle type aspects

Oh no! I totally am, I has just been my experience that skill is far more important than equipment. Yes, the right clubs, fit to you will make you better but they will not make you that much better. For instance, I promise you Tiger Woods circa 1999 could use hickory shafted sticks (probably just a brassie, a mashie and a niblet!) and still beat me with a set of custom made clubs with lasers on them by double digit strokes. 

Honestly, if you're a 15 handicapper and you get a driver that's 10% straighter and longer, irons that get up in the air more easily, a putter that does whatever good putters does... how many strokes per round are you actually gaining? In the putter lab tests, the best putter equipment saves less than one stroke over eighteen? Does it matter if a terrible putter goes from averaging 2.99 putts per green to 2.95? If you can't swing the club right it just doesn't matter how good the equipment is.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I understand what you are saying as for straightening that driver out, getting iron up with more consistent flight and saving 1-2 strokes on the green that 15 handicap would start approaching single digits. Especially with a few lessons thrown in.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Lessons "period", new tech and most forgiving clubs can only do so much you.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Lessons with a GOOD coach. who knows what they are doing.

Then practice and once you have a consistent swing then get fitted properly with shafts that suit you.

I don't believe getting fitted will benefit everyone. Only when you have a consistent swing should you be fitted. Otherwise you are getting fitted to an inconsistent swing.

Alfred

WITB:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex, 9.5 Degrees

FW: Cobra F7, 14.5 Degrees

Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 19 Degrees

UT Iron: Callaway Apex UT 18 Degrees

Irons: 4-6i King Cobra LTD Pro CB

Irons: 7-PW King Cobra LTD Pro MB

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3 50 MG, 58 FG

Putter: Nike Method

I would say it all starts with an assessment of your strengths and weaknesses.

In general though I'd say it's a combination of:

- consistent practice

- obsession / dedication to the game

-lessons with a reputable coach

Clubs etc. are a factor but not the end all to a good game. I tend to lean towards taking some lessons with a pro who you feel comfortable with and can explain the lesson in a way you can get it. All pros are not the same or equal in their teaching abilities. I have also begun using an electronic gadget that I was gifted and have found it offers some answers and solutions to a few problems. I also gotta practice a lot especially when U learn a new thing.

The only thing I have never regretted spending money on: a good pair of shoes!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Seeing as this is a fairly old thread I am not sure how many people will still be reading, but I figured I would throw some words into the heap.

The general consensus seems to be that lessons are a solid way to go, followed by practice, playing, and properly fit equipment.  I would agree with all the suggestions fellow golfers have set forth in one way or another.  Being a high handicapper currently I can definitively state that lessons have helped my game by helping me better understand the mechanics I need to recreate in order to play a solid round.  Finding an instructor that matches with your learning style is a key as they are not all created equal.  And being prepared to accept that your game may suffer initially in order to get to a better place. 

Proper equipment has aided in some improvement as well.  For years I was using off the rack irons with no adjustments and consistently lived with ball flight characteristics that resulted from poor fit.  This led to spending time trying for fix ball flight issues via swing adjustments, improper swing adjustments at that.  Which would bring us back to the lessons I needed to correct some of my homegrown adjustments. So in that sense improvement by $$ is certainly attainable, but only to a certain degree.

And of course you can take money and put it towards swing aids, memberships, range fees and all that.  All of which may help some too.

But do you know what would really make the difference??  Time, if you could take $ and make that into time then I would agree 100% that $ can improve your game drastically.  At least for me personally.  You see at the time the thing holding by game hostage is a lack of time.  I typically swing the clubs a bit in the yard at some point during the week and play maybe 9 - 18 holes a week.  Sometimes I play really well (closer to a 12) and others I play horrible, thus the 17 handicap.  My humble advice is this.  If you have never taken a lesson and know someone that is a good teacher, work with them on some areas of your game you think you can improve upon. Have them help you develop effective ways of practicing the game, not just repeatedly hitting balls down the range.  If you have ill fitting equipment then by all means get it adjusted or replaced.  But after that, take your money and find a way to practice more.  Get a net for your yard, a putting mat, a swing monitor, anything that will get you out and swinging your clubs more.  The more you practice, and I don't mean just swing your clubs without a purpose, but really setting a game plan and working on specifics in your game, the better you will preform on the course.  Practice everything too, not just the basics or the fun stuff, but the stuff that saves you a stroke or two a round. I know if I had the time to do that I certainly wouldn't be a 17.  

Then again.....buying new clubs is always fun too ;)

:mizuno-small: ST180 w/Tensei CK Series Blue 60 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff

:titelist-small: 818 h2 w/Tensei Pro Series White 90 Stiff
:srixon-small: z545 (5-PW) w/ KBS C taper 120

:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 50/54/58 degrees

:seemore-small: FGP Original

:taylormade-small: Project a

Lessons, fitting and practice.  Once your lessons take hold then you get fit for your clubs and then off to practice. I have a few buddies that got fit and a few weeks later went through major swing changes and then blamed the fitter for a poor fitting.  IMO if you are going through a swing change or just learning the game I feel that you shouldnt get fit until your swing is where you feel it needs to be and then get fit.

In My Bag

TM Stealth +, PX T1100 ,6.5 

TM Stealth+ Rocket 3W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5

TM Stealth 5W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon GOST 95HX

TM P790 5-PW TT DG X100

TM Hi Toe Raw 50, 54, 58

Evnroll ER5 

Snell MTB X YELLOW

I actually have an opinion here. I spent $1400 for lessons. The "i structor" wanted me to use their method, which after 40 years of golf, was foreign to me. (Load left). Consequently, i cancelled after 4 of 12 lessons. I needed someo e who could coach me not to corporate requirements.

So, use your swing and your style. Money without reason is useless

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I actually have an opinion here. I spent $1400 for lessons. The "i structor" wanted me to use their method, which after 40 years of golf, was foreign to me. (Load left). Consequently, i cancelled after 4 of 12 lessons. I needed someo e who could coach me not to corporate requirements.

So, use your swing and your style. Money without reason is useless

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This is the problem with instructors imo. There is no single way to swing a club. This isn't tackling in football where there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. A good instructor looks at what you do and your swing and adjusts it accordingly. Unless you have never swung a club or are asking to be broken down and started from scratch, you shouldn't be teaching one single idea. My grandfather was a PGA pro and the thing that made him special as a teacher is he understood where the swing mattered most...1" behind the ball and 1" in front of it

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Archived