TESTERS WANTED! ×

Operation: Beat SLDR

hckymeyer

For those of you who still think the original (2013-2014) SLDR Retail Drivers are worth another shot, I suggest the easily-applied 'SLDR Fix' to resolve this driver's lack of forgiveness issues.  By eliminating the dreaded 'low hook miss' that is so common with this driver, (even on sound swings), perhaps you can keep it in the bag for awhile, despite it's flaws!.. B)

The 'Fix' is applicable to all original Retail SLDR Drivers including the 430, 460, and the Silver 'S' model.  It is not for the SLDR Tour-issued models which already have a different weighting scheme than the Retail models, (i.e.a toe screw and a heavier metal toe plate, plus a lighter silver weight beneath the blue slider). 'The SLDR Fix' is also not applicable for the redesigned-for-2015 SLDR-C Driver either, as the 'C' does not suffer from any forgiveness issues, or 'loft up' requirements of the original SLDR Driver models... :rolleyes:   

Click on the link below, then scroll down to Post #77 to learn how to apply 'The SLDR Fix' to your original (2013-2014) Retail SLDR Driver.  

SLDR Anonymous Meeting - Equipment - GolfWRX - Page 3

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

It took me a long time to read this entire thread, but I found the info very, very interesting. Most excellent throw-back!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

So I feel like this option got brushed over, but based on your descriptions, the F6+ seemed to be the best fit for you. So what if it was a fade? Hit what the club gives you. That can be a powerful option for doglegs if you can fade driver and draw 3 wood.

I know that ship has sailed on the F6+ but maybe the F8 can finish the job it started and complete the mission of beating SLDR. If any club can do it, I'd bet on that one.

One last comment. I feel like the G30 really got dumped on throughout the thread. This is surprising because everything I had previously read on the G30 suggested it was universally loved (not unlike the G400). I finally got one this past fall and absolutely love it. I'm not losing any distance and I'm finding way more fairways (6/7 last time out). To each their own though. I guess I just hit the ball in a different part of the face than you guys do

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

There was nothing inherently wrong with the fade from the F6+, it just wasn't the shot shape I was looking for.  My miss at the time with driver was a big banana slice that lost all power.  Not the power fade that DJ plays.  I felt like a driver that was already fading could be worse for that miss vs the SLDR that I could hit mostly straight or turn a little left.

I got one round in last Nov with the Epic with an AD-DI in it and it was very similar.  Power fades all day long which is a very controllable ball to play, but it's not as sexy as the high draw :)  It was also 40 degree's out and I hadn't played in a month.  So I'm waiting to try it with the Raijin and in warmer weather before making any rash decisions.

For the G30 I wouldn't say it was universally loved, but I know a ton of guy that got along really well with that club.  I just wasn't one of them.  I tried that, the G the next year, and I've hit the G400 in the sim (both regular and LST) and all of them a banana slicing spin machines for my swing.

One last contender I forgot about for this year is the Cleveland Launcher HB.  I hit it the one round we played on the Cleveland trip and it could be playable as well.  The only harder part is that it's not as easy to swap shafts with a bonded hosel.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

For those of you who still think the original (2013-2014) SLDR Retail Drivers are worth another shot, I suggest the easily applied 'SLDR Fix' to resolve the lack of forgiveness issues. By eliminating the dreaded 'low hook miss' that is so common with this driver, (even on sound swings), perhaps you can keep it in the bag for awhile, despite it's flaws!.. B)

The 'Fix' is applicable to all original Retail SLDR Drivers including the 430, 460, and the Silver 'S' model. It is not for the SLDR Tour-issued models which already have a different weighting scheme than the Retail models, (i.e.a toe screw and a heavier metal toe plate, plus a lighter silver weight beneath the blue slider). 'The SLDR Fix' is also not applicable for the redesigned-for-2015 SLDR-C Driver either, as the 'C' does not suffer from any of the forgiveness issues, or 'loft up' requirements of the original SLDR Driver models... :rolleyes:

Click on the link below, then scroll down to Post #77 to learn how to apply 'The SLDR Fix' to your original (2013-2014) Retail SLDR Driver.

How do I report this as spam?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I think it's an interesting post- who knows- it might work...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

There was nothing inherently wrong with the fade from the F6+, it just.................

Hmm. Interesting predicament. I'm surprised the M1 didn't work for you the same way it did Shawn.

Are you going to give #TwistyMcTwistface a try this year?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

This was everything I could hope for in a thread. Drama. Wisdom. Pathos. Insanity.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

How do I report this as spam?

Maybe you should 'taste it' yourself first before passing judgement... :rolleyes:

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

I think it's an interesting post - who knows - it might work...

Indeed, it does work, and 'The SLDR Fix' has been applied by many people already who enjoyed great success with their original SLDR Drivers once 'the fix' was applied'.

Please follow the directions precisely as instructed in the post, including the initial slider setting that is recommended there. 

To learn how to apply 'The SLDR Fix', just click on the link below then scroll down to Post #77

Maybe you should 'taste it' first before making that judgement... :rolleyes:

Hard pass

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I still game a SLDR 3HL and SLDR S 22 and 25 hybrids. Love them

I have my SLDR as a back up. I'm longer with it than my G30. I'm far more accurate and consistent with the G30 though. The difference that I set the 2 drivers to in order to maximize the performance of each for me is remarkable.

I think TM made a huge mistake not sticking with the SLDR concept.

No driver is universally loved. Each OEM has its design concepts in regards to head shape, shaft, CG, etc. Different swing types will benefit more or less from these designs. It's why there's no “perfect” club out there. There is for me, there is for you and it may be totally different for each of us.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think TM made a huge mistake not sticker bag with the SLDR concept.

I knew that statement had to be an error!  Thanks for making the correction to Post #221.. :)

@bobcat - it means my auto correct got me. I will edit. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Here are my SLDR stats* for the day. On my home course there are 14 holes where you "can" play driver off the tee if you choose. This is a par 70 course. Today I hit 9 Fw's when driver was used. (11 attempts) So I hit and played from the fairway 80% of the time I hit the driver today.

*On the front I hit driver 7 times. 5 were in the mow, 1 was just off by 3-4 yards, and one was a skank stump-jumper.

*On the back I pulled driver only 4 times today and hit each fairway.

Yes... I know; there are several others stats to consider for any club. But I play for accuracy since I don't have the distance like I used to. There's several guys I play with (mostly the younger ones) that can knock it by me easily. But they tend to get wild alot and spray it all over the place. I'm not a long hitter with any club. My driver varies of course but I average around **240-250 most days year round. Most rounds I usually hit driver about 12 times.

I don't get all the SLDR discussion about how unforgiving it is the and poor accuracy it has. Not for me.

** Elevation - 2800'.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here are my SLDR stats* for the day. On my home course there are 14 holes where you "can" play driver off the tee if you choose. This is a par 70 course. Today I hit 9 Fw's when driver was used. (11 attempts) So I hit and played from the fairway 80% of the time I hit the driver today.

*On the front I hit driver 7 times. 5 were in the mow, 1 was just off by 3-4 yards, and one was a skank stump-jumper.

*On the back I pulled driver only 4 times today and hit each fairway.

Yes... I know; there are several others stats to consider for any club. But I play for accuracy since I don't have the distance like I used to. There's several guys I play with (mostly the younger ones) that can knock it by me easily. But they tend to get wild alot and spray it all over the place. I'm not a long hitter with any club. My driver varies of course but I average around **240-250 most days year round. Most rounds I usually hit driver about 12 times.

I don't get all the SLDR discussion about how unforgiving it is the and poor accuracy it has. Not for me.

** Elevation - 2800'.

Is this thing a hook machine because I can do that with an open face driver?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

It's not for me Gray. Never has been.

But I can hook any club from time to time. But it's rare with my SLDR. And that's almost always due to me making a crummy swing.

I think I see a SLDR in your future.  ;)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It's not for me Gray. Never has been.

But I can hook any club from time to time. But it's rare with my SLDR. And that's almost always due to me making a crummy swing.

I think I see a SLDR in your future. ;)

Damn you! . lol

Cleveland

You'd need 15* of loft with your swing speed

Dayuuummmm Joe ya think I'm getting old huh?  ;)

Cleveland

No, but you have told me what swing speed you have and the low and forward cg of the sldr would cause you're drives tough drop out of the sky faster than (insert og-ism here)

Sounds similar to my ball flight. I really need to rethink my driver.

sent from planet Nebulon

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

No, but you have told me what swing speed you have and the low and forward cg of the sldr would cause you're drives tough drop out of the sky faster than (insert og-ism here)

Maybe I need an 18 degree SLDR driver!  :blink:  :D

I remember back in the day when the ole SLDR was first coming out and another golf forum was hammering it because of it's low spin characteristics.    

Cleveland

All this talk makes me wanna take this to my lesson tomorrow and use it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of bringing my SLDR out for a spin. My only issue was it put me close to the edge - 16 degree launch 1900 rpm - it most certainly was not a hook monster because it does not spin. You have to use lots of loft though. I could hit it farther than my G30 but the misses were really ugly.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm thinking of bringing my SLDR out for a spin. You have to use lots of loft. I could hit it farther than my G30 but the misses were really ugly!

Sounds to me like you are a great candidate for 'The SLDR Fix'...(See Post #211 on the previous page (15), for a link to the full details on just why it works, and precisely how to apply it!

The very common 'low hook miss' this driver is known for will be gone for good once 'the fix' is applied, and launch angle will be improved as well!

The 'Fix' is simple and effective!.. B)

Sounds to me like you are a great candidate for 'The SLDR Fix'...(See Post #211 on the previous page (15), for a link to the full details on just why it works, and precisely how to apply it!

The very common 'low hook miss' this driver is known for will be gone for good once 'the fix' is applied, and launch angle will be improved as well!

The 'Fix' is simple and effective!.. B)

Once again how can I mark this as spam?!

How can I mark this as spam?

NOTE: My own rude, off-topic comment is the 'real spam' here, so please just ignore my comment above -  Mr_Theoo

SPAM.jpg       I posted SPAM....

SpamMan.jpg Because, as you can see here, I AM SPAM!

OK 'Mr_Theoo', (A better screen name for your 'SOUR PUSS' posting would be CeeLo Green's Cat's name, 'Miss Cleo', and it even rhymes with 'Theoo')...  :D 

CeeLo's Cat.jpg   CLEO 'THE CAT'

A sourpuss.jpg DEMEANOR

Not only will I 'IGNORE' your rude post above, but I'll place you on my 'IGNORE LIST' as well...and feel free to do the same for me!..I don't want to read more of your rude posts and I would be equally glad to have you stop viewing mine!... :lol:

NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE TOPIC, (THE SLDR DRIVER).. :rolleyes:  

Below you'll find a  LINK TO 'THE SLDR FIX'...JUST CLICK ON IT, THEN SCROLL DOWN TO POST #77 to find detailed and illustrated instructions on how to apply 'The SLDR Fix' to improve your SLDR Driver's forgiveness!.. B) 

I PROMISE that if you follow directions precisely as instructed when applying 'THE SLDR Fix', you'll be much happier with the performance of your ORIGINAL, (2013-2014 Retail), SLDR Driver afterwards!..  :) 

OK!...And I'll be sure to place you my 'ignore list' as well!.. :D

C68FC318-0BFF-44BB-A4A0-67B321906A1E.jpeg