Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Is there any information out there about the SLDR Fix I could find? :D

Get outta here!!!!!   You mean there's an actual fix?!  :blink:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Get outta here!!!!!   You mean there's an actual fix?!  :blink:

Yes there is, and it's EASY TO FIND!.. :) 

Just click on the link below, then scroll down to Post #77 for detailed and illustrated instructions on how to apply 'The SLDR Fix'.  

Note:  'The SLDR Fix' applies to 'Retail only' 2013-2014 SLDR Drivers, (the 430, 460, and the Silver 'S' Model).  The SLDR Fix is not applicable for any of the Tour-issued models, or the SLDR-C model, as both of those have a different type of weighting scheme.

SLDR Anonymous Meeting - Equipment - GolfWRX - Page 3

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

Here are a few examples of SLDR Drivers with 'The SLDR Fix' applied!  As you can see, there are several ways you can apply it, (you can use rubber/tungsten peel-and-stick weights, extra blue sliders and a toe screw, or some high density lead tape).  

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW and SCROLL DOWN TO POST #77 for complete details on just HOW to apply 'the fix' and how it resolves the original (Retail) SLDR's forgiveness issues!

Applicable to the original 2013-2014 SLDR Retail models only!.

(Including the 430, 460, and the Silver 'S' Model).  This 'Fix' is not applicable for Tour-issued SLDR's or the 2015 SLDR-C model as those drivers have different weighting schemes.

sldr fix.jpg

sldrFIX.jpg

SLDRFix1.jpgSLDRFix2.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

As always... played my faithful SLDR today but it rejected my swing. Only 6 fairways out of 13 attempts. One was a crazy right block on 18. The other misses were off the FW by only a few yards.

Putter was a joy with 4 birdies and a ton of bogies. 76!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I guess I'd better get back in on this. As I've mentioned in a few other posts I'm still bagging the SLDR 460 I got in the review back in 2014. It's still original but with one or two minor paint chips and grip changes. I also have a ShotMaker installed. I've mentioned many times.... the SLDR 460 has been a great reliable and accurate club. So much so I just recently purchased another one to keep on standby in case this one cracks or something one day.

I've also been tinkering around some with a 2015 Fly-Z+ I bought recently. I'm currently trying different shafts to see if I can find one that works. I'm next going to try the same shaft (TM Fujikura Speeder 57 S-flex) as my SLDR. Just waiting for it to arrive with the Cobra adapter. I don't have high expectations and don't think I really care either. I'd love to bag the FZ+ just because I like the looks of the club. But I can't ditch the SLDR if the FZ+ can't at least match it's performance.

I received the TM/Fujikura shaft (see above) a couple of weeks ago I guess it was. I have not given it a try yet in the FZ+ head. But, just last night I installed it in the FZ+ head just to take a look. As I've mentioned before - possibly in another post; I have my SLDR set at 12* loft and have been playing it successfully at that loft for several years now. When I ordered the newest shaft I had the seller install a Cobra adapter that would loft-up to 12*. I am told or have read the FZ+ head is a 9.5* static loft head. It's not identified/printed on the head like most drivers. The other shafts I've tried so far would only adjust up to 11.5* and didn't feel, launch, flight to my liking either. These were:

1. The stock OTR shaft that came with the FZ+ - Matrix VLCT-ST 65g S flex. Low launching and generally a crappy ball flight.

2 & 3. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue and Orange. I don't recall which but one was labeled stiff and the other was regular. Neither shaft worked to my liking.

4. Fujikura Pro 60 R-flex. Too flexible I suppose. Producing a fade or slice shot shape.

5. The TM/Fujikura Speeder 57 S-flex. Untested yet in the FZ+ head.

Of the above shafts (except #5) I tested them in the 11.5* loft setting which is the highest loft setting available.

After installing the TM/Fujikura last night set at 12* loft I immediately noticed the loft at address as it closely resembled my SLDR when placed side by side. I was planning to get out later today to test this this shaft and play around with the Flip-zone weighting to see if things might work out this time. I'm optimistic since the loft now appears to be much improved and the TM/Fujikura shaft I've been using in the SLDR has been perfect. We'll see. However, our forecast is for extremely high winds today so I'm probably going to wait for a better day. I'll post again here after I've been able to test this setup.

It's possible that I might sell or trade the FZ+ if things don't work out. I'm quite happy to keep playing the SLDR as it's been a miracle worker. So much so I recently bought a new one to keep as a backup.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Brought the Sldr out for my practice today and it's like it never left the bag. The good shots were very good and the bad were bad. But the feel of it was much more pleasant than the epic. I'll be taking both to my fitting this coming up Saturday. Hopefully we can dial the epic in because when i hit it well it is much longer than the sldr

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Brought the Sldr out for my practice today and it's like it never left the bag. The good shots were very good and the bad were bad. But the feel of it was much more pleasant than the epic. I'll be taking both to my fitting this coming up Saturday. Hopefully we can dial the epic in because when i hit it well it is much longer than the sldr

Don't you be bad talking SLDR now, she'll hear you.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Don't you be bad talking SLDR now, she'll hear you.

I'm just saying what's true. If I had to play for money then the sldr is in the bag 100% of the time at the moment. We will see what happens Saturday

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Hit mine on the range today - I forgot how high that sucker launches

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The SLDR can't be beat...

Well boys I think I'm done with the Fly-Z+. At least for the time being and probably for this golf season.

Went out yesterday evening for a while and gave the FZ+ a good test. This time with the same shaft I have in my SLDR. I did have a much improved shot dispersion hitting most shots straight and at times with my normal draw. However, the ball flight was still too low for my liking. I tried the Flip-Zone weighting in both the front and back position. The front seemed to me to be the better position even though I thought the back position would help raise my ball flight. But it didn't. I also didn't like the sound of the head either. Too loud. Something I didn't notice before or had forgotten since I had not hit the driver in about a month I guess.

Perhaps the next time I visit my fitter I may take the FZ+ with me and see if there's a better shaft/fit we can come up with. Probably would be quite honestly. And by the way... I did have my SLDR with me to compare which was no comparison. The SLDR wins hands down!

So for now the SLDR says in the bag and the FZ+ goes over in the corner of my office as an art piece.

Plaid or other SLDR users any comment on the high launch? I cant believe how high I was launching that sucker yesterday. The wind was hard right to left and I was not getting too much curve which leads me to believe that I didn't have much spin on the ball.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Plaid or other SLDR users any comment on the high launch? I cant believe how high I was launching that sucker yesterday. The wind was hard right to left and I was not getting too much curve which leads me to believe that I didn't have much spin on the ball.

What's the loft?   What the shaft and flex?

This thread is a classic.

Bobcat, you are one consistent dude. Good for you! Hope the C is still working well for you.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Found a used SLDR C and a bunch of used regular SLDRs at one of my local golf stores. Maybe I should bring it to LXB and have them compare it to this years most wanted driver.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Found a used SLDR C and a bunch of used regular SLDRs at one of my local golf stores. Maybe I should bring it to LXB and have them compare it to this years most wanted driver.

That would be awesome. Of course we also know that results will vary. I always liked the SLDR concept for my swing. I have a positive AOL in the neighborhood of plus 3. Under normal circumstances my swing was consistent which made using a less forgiving club fine. I could actually approach the optimal with it -16/1600 or whatever that was.

I struggled a bit with my swing (see another thread) and moved to the far more forgiving Ping G30. At its best that one puts me at around 15/2500. I've always been longer with the SLDR but safer with the Ping.

I think that my swing is coming back because I'm starting to have time and after 5 weeks of hard work and 12.5 fewer pounds my conditioning is improving.

@Bobcat - it's a 12, turned up one with an older fujikara shaft, exactly what I was fit for. I just had forgotten how high the thing launched.

I can't wait to get this out on the course tomorrow to see how it runs out.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev... yesterday you asked about how high a launch I was getting. I can't give you numbers because I don't have any. But I characterize the height as mid or medium-high. I play my SLDR at approximately 12* even thought it will dial up to 14*.

Here's a way you can picture my ball height perhaps: stand like you are facing your shot and out-stretch your left arm raised to about a 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock position. That's assuming the clock face is to your right side and the face is left. That's about where my ball height/launch looks to be I'd guess.

For those of you interested in improving your 2013-2014 SLDR Driver's Forgiveness by applying 'The SLDR Fix', I am providing some links to the supplies you may need such as the weight kit and the peel-and-stick rubber/tungsten weights.

WeightKit.jpg SLDR Weight Kit (ebay)

US 10g Blue Golf Movable Slide Weight Replacement Set For Taylormade SLDR Driver - eBay

10g Blue Golf Weight Movable Sliding Slider For Taylormade SLDR Driver Head New - eBay

Below is a link to the GolfWorks rubber/tungsten peel-and-stick weights if you choose to use that method for 'the fix'.

RubberTungsten.jpgRubber Tungsten Swingweight Tape

Golfworks #GW0054

Finally, here's another link to the instructions for 'The SLDR Fix' in case you need it.  Click below and then scroll down to Post #77 for detatiled and illustrated instructions!

I played with it Friday and hit it well. It will stay in for now.

I think I'd be better with the 14 turned down than the 12 turned up - my spin numbers were a tad high on the LM today

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 1 year later...

Wow..just wow!

Thanks to @hckymeyer for nominating this thread as one of the most memorable...Well I think I want to thank him...ha  But he sure nailed it.

The BobCat/Tony back and forth will forever be MGS legendary stuff.   Imagine some random internet dude telling one of the most respected Golf Equipment Writes in the business that he is clueless.  Glad I had finished my coffee by then.

Then to see it was resurrected by Studque two years later, and quietly went away....until today that is..😎

My actually biggest takeaway from the thread....going back 4 years I found it quite amazing how many drivers were brought up and raved about  SLDR, Cobra LTD F6,, XR16, Big Bertha, G30 and others.  And how rarely if every do I see any of those in bags now days.  Probably the only one of the bunch would be the G30.  

This is an equipment forum and it goes to show, we do love trying and buying new and shiny!"

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wow..just wow!

Thanks to @hckymeyer for nominating this thread as one of the most memorable...Well I think I want to thank him...ha  But he sure nailed it.

The BobCat/Tony back and forth will forever be MGS legendary stuff.   Imagine some random internet dude telling one of the most respected Golf Equipment Writes in the business that he is clueless.  Glad I had finished my coffee by then.

Then to see it was resurrected by Studque two years later, and quietly went away....until today that is..😎

My actually biggest takeaway from the thread....going back 4 years I found it quite amazing how many drivers were brought up and raved about  SLDR, Cobra LTD F6,, XR16, Big Bertha, G30 and others.  And how rarely if every do I see any of those in bags now days.  Probably the only one of the bunch would be the G30.  

This is an equipment forum and it goes to show, we do love trying and buying new and shiny!"

I completely forgot about this thread.  This is stuff of forum legend.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Do you guys want me to rehash the story of my old beloved SLDR? LOL

Didn't think so... he's retired now and living a comfortable existence in my office. 🏌️‍♂️

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

Didn't think so... he's retired now and living a comfortable existence in my office. 🏌️‍♂️

Yes.  But only if it would bring the cat daddy back into the discussion. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

5 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

But have you tried the SLDR - C ????

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

5 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

But have you tried the SLDR - C ????

I have not. But after 5 years of awesome SLDR'ing success I did switch to the Exotics EXS last spring. It's a good one too but there is something slightly missing that the SLDR had for me.

Hmmm... SLDR-C ya say? Do tell.

For those who don't know what a SLDR-C looks like, here's a picture. 

Image result for sldr-c

I've heard, not sure where exactly, that with an after market shaft they are perhaps the greatest driver ever made.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy