hckymeyer

Operation: Beat SLDR

Our Sponsors

I still game a SLDR 3HL and SLDR S 22 and 25 hybrids. Love them

I have my SLDR as a back up. I'm longer with it than my G30. I'm far more accurate and consistent with the G30 though. The difference that I set the 2 drivers to in order to maximize the performance of each for me is remarkable.

I think TM made a huge mistake not sticking with the SLDR concept.

No driver is universally loved. Each OEM has its design concepts in regards to head shape, shaft, CG, etc. Different swing types will benefit more or less from these designs. It's why there's no “perfect” club out there. There is for me, there is for you and it may be totally different for each of us.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I think TM made a huge mistake not sticker bag with the SLDR concept.

I knew that statement had to be an error!  Thanks for making the correction to Post #221.. :)

• Like 1

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

@bobcat - it means my auto correct got me. I will edit. :)

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Here are my SLDR stats* for the day. On my home course there are 14 holes where you "can" play driver off the tee if you choose. This is a par 70 course. Today I hit 9 Fw's when driver was used. (11 attempts) So I hit and played from the fairway 80% of the time I hit the driver today.

*On the front I hit driver 7 times. 5 were in the mow, 1 was just off by 3-4 yards, and one was a skank stump-jumper.

*On the back I pulled driver only 4 times today and hit each fairway.

Yes... I know; there are several others stats to consider for any club. But I play for accuracy since I don't have the distance like I used to. There's several guys I play with (mostly the younger ones) that can knock it by me easily. But they tend to get wild alot and spray it all over the place. I'm not a long hitter with any club. My driver varies of course but I average around **240-250 most days year round. Most rounds I usually hit driver about 12 times.

I don't get all the SLDR discussion about how unforgiving it is the and poor accuracy it has. Not for me.

** Elevation - 2800'.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here are my SLDR stats* for the day. On my home course there are 14 holes where you "can" play driver off the tee if you choose. This is a par 70 course. Today I hit 9 Fw's when driver was used. (11 attempts) So I hit and played from the fairway 80% of the time I hit the driver today.

*On the front I hit driver 7 times. 5 were in the mow, 1 was just off by 3-4 yards, and one was a skank stump-jumper.

*On the back I pulled driver only 4 times today and hit each fairway.

Yes... I know; there are several others stats to consider for any club. But I play for accuracy since I don't have the distance like I used to. There's several guys I play with (mostly the younger ones) that can knock it by me easily. But they tend to get wild alot and spray it all over the place. I'm not a long hitter with any club. My driver varies of course but I average around **240-250 most days year round. Most rounds I usually hit driver about 12 times.

I don't get all the SLDR discussion about how unforgiving it is the and poor accuracy it has. Not for me.

** Elevation - 2800'.

Is this thing a hook machine because I can do that with an open face driver?

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

It's not for me Gray. Never has been.

But I can hook any club from time to time. But it's rare with my SLDR. And that's almost always due to me making a crummy swing.

I think I see a SLDR in your future.  ;)

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It's not for me Gray. Never has been.

But I can hook any club from time to time. But it's rare with my SLDR. And that's almost always due to me making a crummy swing.

I think I see a SLDR in your future. ;)

Damn you! . lol

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  

I had the chance to hit an SLDR  a few years ago. I was playing at Firestone. The guy who I was a guest of asked if I would like to hit his brand new driver. I  hit it fairly well.  I don't know what that has to do with anything.... just sayin'.

• Like 1

Damn you! . lol

You'd need 15* of loft with your swing speed
  • Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST Ping 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

You'd need 15* of loft with your swing speed

Dayuuummmm Joe ya think I'm getting old huh?  ;)

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  

Dayuuummmm Joe ya think I'm getting old huh? ;)

No, but you have told me what swing speed you have and the low and forward cg of the sldr would cause you're drives tough drop out of the sky faster than (insert og-ism here)
  • Like 2

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

No, but you have told me what swing speed you have and the low and forward cg of the sldr would cause you're drives tough drop out of the sky faster than (insert og-ism here)

Sounds similar to my ball flight. I really need to rethink my driver.

sent from planet Nebulon

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:titelist-small:                          980F 3 Wood

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

Upswing                   60* wedge

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Maybe I need an 18 degree SLDR driver!  :blink:  :D

I remember back in the day when the ole SLDR was first coming out and another golf forum was hammering it because of it's low spin characteristics.    

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  

Maybe I need an 18 degree SLDR driver! :blink: :D

I remember back in the day when the ole SLDR was first coming out and another golf forum was hammering it because of it's low spin characteristics.

Oh it was a low spin beast. It worked great for some and not for others.
  • Like 1

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

All this talk makes me wanna take this to my lesson tomorrow and use it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm thinking of bringing my SLDR out for a spin. My only issue was it put me close to the edge - 16 degree launch 1900 rpm - it most certainly was not a hook monster because it does not spin. You have to use lots of loft though. I could hit it farther than my G30 but the misses were really ugly.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I'm thinking of bringing my SLDR out for a spin. You have to use lots of loft. I could hit it farther than my G30 but the misses were really ugly!

Sounds to me like you are a great candidate for 'The SLDR Fix'...(See Post #211 on the previous page (15), for a link to the full details on just why it works, and precisely how to apply it!

The very common 'low hook miss' this driver is known for will be gone for good once 'the fix' is applied, and launch angle will be improved as well!

The 'Fix' is simple and effective!.. B)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Sounds to me like you are a great candidate for 'The SLDR Fix'...(See Post #211 on the previous page (15), for a link to the full details on just why it works, and precisely how to apply it!

The very common 'low hook miss' this driver is known for will be gone for good once 'the fix' is applied, and launch angle will be improved as well!

The 'Fix' is simple and effective!.. B)

Once again how can I mark this as spam?!

• Like 3

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

How can I mark this as spam?

NOTE: My own rude, off-topic comment is the 'real spam' here, so please just ignore my comment above -  Mr_Theoo

SPAM.jpg       I posted SPAM....

SpamMan.jpg Because, as you can see here, I AM SPAM!

OK 'Mr_Theoo', (A better screen name for your 'SOUR PUSS' posting would be CeeLo Green's Cat's name, 'Miss Cleo', and it even rhymes with 'Theoo')...  :D 

CeeLo's Cat.jpg   CLEO 'THE CAT'

A sourpuss.jpg DEMEANOR

Not only will I 'IGNORE' your rude post above, but I'll place you on my 'IGNORE LIST' as well...and feel free to do the same for me!..I don't want to read more of your rude posts and I would be equally glad to have you stop viewing mine!... :lol:

NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE TOPIC, (THE SLDR DRIVER).. :rolleyes:  

Below you'll find a  LINK TO 'THE SLDR FIX'...JUST CLICK ON IT, THEN SCROLL DOWN TO POST #77 to find detailed and illustrated instructions on how to apply 'The SLDR Fix' to improve your SLDR Driver's forgiveness!.. B) 

I PROMISE that if you follow directions precisely as instructed when applying 'THE SLDR Fix', you'll be much happier with the performance of your ORIGINAL, (2013-2014 Retail), SLDR Driver afterwards!..  :) 

SLDR Anonymous Meeting - Equipment - GolfWRX - Page 3

OK!...And I'll be sure to place you my 'ignore list' as well!.. :D

C68FC318-0BFF-44BB-A4A0-67B321906A1E.jpeg

• Like 2