hckymeyer

Operation: Beat SLDR

Our Sponsors

I played with it Friday and hit it well. It will stay in for now.

I think I'd be better with the 14 turned down than the 12 turned up - my spin numbers were a tad high on the LM today

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wow..just wow!

Thanks to @hckymeyer for nominating this thread as one of the most memorable...Well I think I want to thank him...ha  But he sure nailed it.

The BobCat/Tony back and forth will forever be MGS legendary stuff.   Imagine some random internet dude telling one of the most respected Golf Equipment Writes in the business that he is clueless.  Glad I had finished my coffee by then.

Then to see it was resurrected by Studque two years later, and quietly went away....until today that is..😎

My actually biggest takeaway from the thread....going back 4 years I found it quite amazing how many drivers were brought up and raved about  SLDR, Cobra LTD F6,, XR16, Big Bertha, G30 and others.  And how rarely if every do I see any of those in bags now days.  Probably the only one of the bunch would be the G30.  

This is an equipment forum and it goes to show, we do love trying and buying new and shiny!"

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wow..just wow!

Thanks to @hckymeyer for nominating this thread as one of the most memorable...Well I think I want to thank him...ha  But he sure nailed it.

The BobCat/Tony back and forth will forever be MGS legendary stuff.   Imagine some random internet dude telling one of the most respected Golf Equipment Writes in the business that he is clueless.  Glad I had finished my coffee by then.

Then to see it was resurrected by Studque two years later, and quietly went away....until today that is..😎

My actually biggest takeaway from the thread....going back 4 years I found it quite amazing how many drivers were brought up and raved about  SLDR, Cobra LTD F6,, XR16, Big Bertha, G30 and others.  And how rarely if every do I see any of those in bags now days.  Probably the only one of the bunch would be the G30.  

This is an equipment forum and it goes to show, we do love trying and buying new and shiny!"

I completely forgot about this thread.  This is stuff of forum legend.

• Like 3

Do you guys want me to rehash the story of my old beloved SLDR? LOL

Didn't think so... he's retired now and living a comfortable existence in my office. 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

Didn't think so... he's retired now and living a comfortable existence in my office. 🏌️‍♂️

Yes.  But only if it would bring the cat daddy back into the discussion. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

But have you tried the SLDR - C ????

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

I have not. But after 5 years of awesome SLDR'ing success I did switch to the Exotics EXS last spring. It's a good one too but there is something slightly missing that the SLDR had for me.

Hmmm... SLDR-C ya say? Do tell.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Please No. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

Nooooooo!!!!! 

• Like 4

For those who don't know what a SLDR-C looks like, here's a picture. 

Image result for sldr-c

I've heard, not sure where exactly, that with an after market shaft they are perhaps the greatest driver ever made.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

For those who don't know what a SLDR-C looks like, here's a picture. 

Image result for sldr-c

I've heard, not sure where exactly, that with an after market shaft they are perhaps the greatest driver ever made.

This is the SLDR’s SLDR.  The SLDR-ier-est of them all.  If you try to tell me different, you don’t know SLDR.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

You can still get one on Amazon for $114.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Wow..just wow!
Thanks to [mention=4209]hckymeyer[/mention] for nominating this thread as one of the most memorable...Well I think I want to thank him...ha  But he sure nailed it.
Then to see it was resurrected by Studque two years later, and quietly went away....until today that is..

Damn I miss Bobcat and his love of the SLDR C.... for “Classic”. I think I told him I would come to FL and hit any driver 10 yards past him and then dust his Mercedes with my Hellcat. Never heard from him after that. Dude would not drop the issue that it was a made for driver. Legendary!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

The greatest driver ever!

Pair it with the right aftermarket shaft and it was a winner. Because of him I put a Matrix TP6hde in my Hammer and if I yell loud enough at impact if flies 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Pair it with the right aftermarket shaft and it was a winner. Because of him I put a Matrix TP6hde in my Hammer and if I yell loud enough at impact if flies 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack...Jack Hamm is it really you!?  POW!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What amazes me is how you can go through and read thread after thread here on this forum and still have never read this gem until today. I'm curious as to why a fella that loved the SLDR C would offer a fix for the original SLDR. I just didn't think the C could be better.

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life, it was a fun and informative read!

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3