Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

ANA Inspiration Preview & Pairings: The Year's First Major Championship

tonyj5

Cool, I was wondering if anyone talked LPGA on here too. I like Lexi's chances this year, but that being said the way Ko is playing its hers to lose.

I'm hoping Morgan Pressel has a good week!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I am a big fan of Ai Miyazato's very happy to see her have a good start. I hope she keeps it up.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

To our newbies Tony is a huge LPGA fanboy.  He won't likely respond to anything that you post but he will always post something about the upcoming event.

I'm hoping some of you want to talk LPGA because I will but no one else seems to want to.  Brittany Lincicome is a member at my club and on those rare occasions that she practices she practices on the range there.  I've had several opportunities to be on the range with her actually even right next to her on the range.  Her handicap varies between plus 2 and plus 3 on a course that is 7,200 long 75 and 148 from the tips (where she plays from) for those who want a piece of her.  I don't think she posts all of her scores though. :) 

I know because my name comes right after hers on the handicap sheet posted in the locker room.

I will watch the LPGA fairly often and whenever I'm on an LM I like to compare my numbers, launch angle, spin rate, distances to their averages - I think it's a much better point of comparison than the PGA or even Champions Tour guys. 

BTW she is not really that great a putter, at least when I see her on the practice green at the Bayou or on TV.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

To our newbies Tony is a huge LPGA fanboy. He won't likely respond to anything that you post but he will always post something about the upcoming event.

I'm hoping some of you want to talk LPGA because I will but no one else seems to want to. Brittany Lincicome is a member at my club and on those rare occasions that she practices she practices on the range there. I've had several opportunities to be on the range with her actually even right next to her on the range. Her handicap varies between plus 2 and plus 3 on a course that is 7,200 long 75 and 148 from the tips (where she plays from) for those who want a piece of her. I don't think she posts all of her scores though. :)

I know because my name comes right after hers on the handicap sheet posted in the locker room.

I will watch the LPGA fairly often and whenever I'm on an LM I like to compare my numbers, launch angle, spin rate, distances to their averages - I think it's a much better point of comparison than the PGA or even Champions Tour guys.

BTW she is not really that great a putter, at least when I see her on the practice green at the Bayou or on TV.

Let that sink in for a minute. Plus 2 or 3 at 7200 yards at sea level on a course that difficult. It's impressive.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

A guy who is not a top DI or mini tour player is fooling himself if he things he can hang with an LPGA player. She's very long and this course had room off the tee.

Sent from my VS870 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Felt really bad for Aria, she played so well, but the nerves really caught her on 16. Hopefully she will learn from it, and be better next time in the same position, that was heartbreaking to watch the last 3 holes.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Felt really bad for Aria, she played so well, but the nerves really caught her on 16. Hopefully she will learn from it, and be better next time in the same position, that was heartbreaking to watch the last 3 holes.

I felt terrible for her too....but she handled it very well

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

All I can say is Ko is special and can putt the lights out.

Save after save. That impressed me and showed her character.

Loved Lexi eagle to.

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I will confess that while I watched the entire round on Saturday I saw very little on Sunday - it was number three on my remote after the Rays and the Lady Huskies. 

I was not shocked that Lydia Ko won.  The other thing that has impressed me of late is the way that the ever growing number of Korean players are doing their interviews in English.  That is not an easy task.  Clearly the women are understanding the importance of connecting with their fan base. 

Bully for them!

Now if more people would recognize how good they are they'd be all set.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived