pops

What soft ball do you prefer?

Our Sponsors

I'm convinced that a soft golf ball as a senior helps my game.  I've used Callaway supersoft, Titlleist dt solo, Srixion soft, Wilson Duo, Wilson Duo Spin, and Bridgestone soft.  I find that this year the ball makers are introducing updated versions of their balls.  Curious to know anyones personal preference in soft golf balls.  

• Like 1

In the winter months I'll use the duo. Think I'll try the Callaway ball next winter. The duo was just average for me. It felt good off of all clubs and gave me good control around the greens.

Good luck in your hunt.

Tazz

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Played the DuoSpin last year -- give it very high marks. Have played the Duo U a couple of times -- like that as well.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The Duo U trial ball I got a few weeks ago was OK; a lot better than the Duo for me.  However, I used the Snell Get Sum ball most of the winter with an occasional Bridgestone Precept Lady in yellow for those cold gray days.  I think I heard that Snell may be coming out with a yellow Get Sum, so that will probably be my ball next fall when the temperature drops.  Since it hit 70 today, I am back playing the Snell My Tour Ball for the summer.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I skipped soft ball. I was a catcher, there was no rush quite like helping a pitcher through a sequence against a tough hitter or conversely trying to out think a pitcher in the late innings of a tight game..... Oh you mean for golf! :)

Sorry it's almost opening day and I got carried away. :) I'm not much on the soft balls that I've tried. To me they feel like marshmallows with a pit. When I lived up North I'd use the Lady Precept or the Nike Mojo in the Winter when I could play. I don't think you can go wrong with the precept.

Good luck

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I played the Titleist DT Trusoft, Snell Get Sum, Callaway X2 Hot, and the Wilso Duo this Winter....... I found that the Get Sum performed as good as any "softer" ball.  I will be moving on to the Bridgestone B330RX this week and probably trying the Snell MTB later this Summer.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I used to play the Noodle Long & Soft during winter :D

• Like 3

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 9* w/ Aldila Rogue MAX 65 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black S 80
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Snell golf balls seem to be highly recommended.  I'm going to have to check them out.

• Like 4

My favorite "soft" ball is the Chrome Soft. My favorites day in and day out are not classified as soft per se' but I love the MG Tour C4 and the Snell MTB. However, I seem to always gravitate back to the CS for some reason. Last week I went by Academy to see if they'd gotten any Duo-U in (they haven't) and bought a doz. CS. Like I needed another dozen golf balls.

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Snell golf balls seem to be highly recommended.  I'm going to have to check them out.

I think you will like them.  Check out the forum discussion about golf balls if you haven't seen it yet:   http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/13666-quo-vadis-golf-ball/?hl=%2Bquo+%2Bvadis%3F

Dean Snell helped develop the patent on the ProV1 and other tour balls.  The Snell My Tour Ball is right up there in performance and less expensive.  The Get Sum is a nice ball; doesn't spin as much and works well for me when the temperature is low.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've used both the Chrome soft and the Duo.  I seem to lose distance with both of them compared to Srixon Z & Q star, Titliest NXT and ProV1x.  I'm not a fast swinger (driver 95-97MPH) and I don't get the physics of a softer ball helping distance.  

Driver:  Mizuno St-180 regular

FW:  Callaway XR 15 degree regular

Hybrids: Cobra  Amp 17.5 , Adams Tech 19 & 23 degree regular

Irons: Taylormade M2 Stiff steel 5-GW

SW:  Cleveland RTX 56 degree

Putter:  Odyssey DXF6000 blade

My two favorites are the Srixon Soft Feel and the Bridgestone Treo Soft which they do not make any more.

• Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

My favorite "soft" ball is the Chrome Soft. My favorites day in and day out are not classified as soft per se' but I love the MG Tour C4 and the Snell MTB. However, I seem to always gravitate back to the CS for some reason. Last week I went by Academy to see if they'd gotten any Duo-U in (they haven't) and bought a doz. CS. Like I needed another dozen golf balls.

Did you see the new CS with truvis technology? They are Yellow and black.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Like the Duo....the Get Sum...The SoftFli

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Did you see the new CS with truvis technology? They are Yellow and black.

No I haven't but I don't think they'd be for me. I do know a guy that plays the red and white one. He likes it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

My buddy bought the red and white ones today. He shot even par on the back 9. He likes them.

• Like 1

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

The supersoft is great. I have been on a soft golf ball kick lately. I even blacked out the logos on various golf balls and have done some testing with them. They feel the best off the putter. They performed 3rd best on greenside wedges and on the course they are 10 yards further than any other ball. I also get pretty good full shot performance with them. I am a big fan of th eball for the price. If money were no option I would be playing the Duo U

• Like 2

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

My buddy bought the red and white ones today. He shot even par on the back 9. He likes them.

Someone used the yellow and black ones in the par 3 contest at Augusta yesterday.

• Like 1

Dudley makes a good softball, Worth also makes a good softball.

• Like 1