pops

What soft ball do you prefer?

Our Sponsors

I've played the DU a few times and I like it. My first impression was that I wasn't getting the same distance as i'm accustomed too with some other balls. (CS, MGtour, Snell, etc.) However, after a couple more rounds I'm not so sure about that. I've shot some really good rounds (with good driver & iron distances) with the DU so I'm thinking now my initial impression wasn't valid. The DU is a good all-round performer. I just don't think I can tell all that much difference between some of my fav balls and the DU. I think I'll add it to my gamer rotation.

For the money and overall performance I still think the MG-Tour is the best. It's kind of hard to turn down paying $19.95/doz. for a ball that I personally can't tell the difference from a $48/doz. ball.

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Well when I thought all was lost Bridgestone started making my favorite ball again the Treo Soft. Golf Smith must be hurting because they sent me not one but coupons one for $10 off any purchase over $10 uhhh makes sense and one for $30 off of a $50 or more purchase. Found out they had the Treo Softs in bulk for $14 a dozen. Ended up getting 5 dozen and they let me use both coupons on the same purchase. So for $30 I got 5 dozen. Pretty good deal. Also got in another freebie this morning ran into a Pro friend of mine from NC I had not seen for years. He had gotten on the Snell bandwagon he ended up giving me 2 of each so I will be running my own Snell Test in the future

• Like 3

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

I've tried the Wilson Duo and it felt too soft for me, it did perform around and on the greens but lost some distance off of my tee shots. Moved on to the Titleist DT Trusoft and I have to say this ball performs to my expectations, only wish is that it would spin more around the greens. I love this ball and the price. While out on the course I found a mint condish Callaway Supersoft ball and this ball also performed well. Distance and flight characteristics were equal to my Trusoft ball. Might get me some of these balls soon. Last but not least, Snell balls are all the rave these days, so I'll definitely try some of the MTB in the near future.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 & 4 hybrids regular shafts 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

I'm using the new Titleist DT trusoft as well. Getting great results out of it. Having to club down from distance gained. Feels great with the putter and around the green. Approach shots stopping hard and even a little spin back.

Sent from my Z987 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I used to play the Noodle Long & Soft during winter :D

I really liked this ball when I was starting out and ss was around 90-100. Tried using again recently during the winter but both it and the Project A taylormade would go sky high and not very far.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I can't find a good ball. Don't know where to start

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What do you look for? Me personally i have to have a urethane cover. Ima fly it and stick it guy. I play the 2 piece e5. It gives me great distanc eoff the tee (2 piece construction) control on greens (urethane cover). If you like a supoer soft ball grab the super softs from Callaway.

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

The Snell Get Sum is a good distance ball and priced around $20/dozen. I usually play it in the winter. During the summer I play the Snell My Tour Ball priced at $27/dozen. To me it plays just like a Pro V1X. Not quite as long as the Get Sum off the tee but much better spin around the greens. I think they also offer trial packs on their website.

I also like the Callaway Chromesoft and have been playing it lately since I haven't had a chance to order more Snells yet. It's a little more pricey at $40/dozen.

• Like 1

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Snell MTB if you like the ball to stop, it plays very similar to the V1x. The other ball I play is the Cally Chrome Soft. It performs for me very similar to the Snell MTB. Except it's a bit softer.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I have been changing around a lot lately but, the ball I have found that seems to work very well for me is the Titleist Velocity. I get better distance, less left to right movement and it seems to stop pretty quick on the green for me.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

I have to admit I am partial to the Wilson Duo U.  Buttery soft around the green and plenty long off the tee.  Was a great ball in the cool spring and even a better ball in the warmer temps.  Plays just as well even as my swing speed has increased!

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

I'm kind of diggin the Project(a) right now. It performs well in all categories as far a I can tell. Can't believe I haven't discovered them before now.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've been a Titleist ProV1x user for about 10 years now and love them. They give me enough spin for approaches but still are durable enough to last multiple rounds.

Now that the price is more affordable I've seen no reason to look for a cheaper option.

Mizuno MP-25 irons, R/H, N.S. Pro 950GH regular shafts

Cobra King LTD 8.5 degrees driver, R/H stiff Aldila Rogue shaft

Titleist 3-wood 915F, 15 degrees, Diamana stiff flex shaft

Queensland, Australia

Handicap 5

www.HittingItSolid.com

The Perfect Golf Swing

favicon-96x96.png

I've been using Chrome Soft in summer & TM Tour Preferred this winter.

I feel that Chrome Soft is a better ball for me, and it is outperforming the TM by a lot for greenside control.  I still have a sleeve of TM's to use, and tbh, can't wait until they're gone.

Have a dozen Pro V1 & V1x's to use next, then will have a wider range to make my decision on.

Cost does have an influence, but not my main factor in choosing a ball.

• Like 1

While on vacation a few weeks ago, the Bridgestone guys were at a club I played just outside of Frankfort, KY.  So my Buddy & I went early for the ball fitting.  They tracked my swing speed at 79 mph and suggested that I needed a harder core so they put me in the B330.  I found this somewhat confusing as the harder core was a straighter flight path as compared to the Snell MTB.  Anybody have any thoughts on why a low SS (79 mph) should be playing a ball that is setup for SS over 105 mph?  BTW, I did play it for several rounds and did hit it very straight.  Anyway, I am now confused.

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

While on vacation a few weeks ago, the Bridgestone guys were at a club I played just outside of Frankfort, KY.  So my Buddy & I went early for the ball fitting.  They tracked my swing speed at 79 mph and suggested that I needed a harder core so they put me in the B330.  I found this somewhat confusing as the harder core was a straighter flight path as compared to the Snell MTB.  Anybody have any thoughts on why a low SS (79 mph) should be playing a ball that is setup for SS over 105 mph?  BTW, I did play it for several rounds and did hit it very straight.  Anyway, I am now confused.

I don't have an answer for that Foz.  Maybe we could get Dean Snell to comment.  

As for being confused, we are supposed to be confused; that way we buy more stuff.   :wacko:

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've been playing and have been happy with the Wilson Duo. I may try the Snell product. It is getting good reviews here. 

Dennis

The Golf Home Pro

www.SuncoastGolfHomes.com

Dennis Boyle

The Golf Home Pro

Suncoast Golf Homes

Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Atchley Properties

www.suncoastgolfhomes.com

I'm hoping to try out the Wilson Duo very soon!

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball