pops

What soft ball do you prefer?

Our Sponsors

Srixon Soft Feels are what I have been using for a little while now and I love the way they feel off the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Recently, I found the Callaway Chrome Soft and tried that. I love it. The ball gives me good distance and control. It is more than the Taylor Made that I was playing.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:  Driver and 3W - Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, 3 & 4Hy - Tour Edge JMax QL, 5-GW - Pin Hawk SL Single Length, Developed by Bobby Lopez, PGA

56 & 60 Wedges - Hippo Air Wedge II

What's on my feet: Foot Joy Tour Contour

Where I play:  Lake Monticello Golf Club

I just switched from the Callaway Chrome soft to the Bridgestone E6 Soft. Still think overall the Chromesoft is better but im not good enough to be losing that bal, lol

I will give the supersoft and Srixon soft a try but we had a Golf expo and was able to get the new Bridgestone E6 Soft for 20 a box

I really like the Crome Soft ball. Srixon makes a solid ball in the Q Star model so you might want to also give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56 / RTX-3 60
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Srixon just the changed the 72 compression "Soft Feel" to 60 compression.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Wilson DUO is like a bouncy ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am 69 and I play the Chrome Soft year round, it is soft but still will bite even with my slow swing speed.  Great ball IMO. 

• Like 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash  3 Wood & Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flasht 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges - :bridgestone-small: WC 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER7
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

I have recently tried the Volvik S4 (big Bubba fan so I wanted to see what the hype was about) - I really like the ball, but it is a little too expensive @ 45 dollars a dozen.  I really loved the Callaway Tour iS ball, but they have since discontinued that and I am not sure where to find it now! Right now I have a mixed bag of Snell My Tour Ball and Callaway ChromeSoft.  I like both of these balls and I like the price point better than the Volvik.  I love hearing about what other golfers are using - great topic!

Driver: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Speed (10.5 degrees, Stiff)
Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 915H 3h (stiff)
Irons: :nike-small: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (4-AW, stiff +.5 inch long)
Wedges: :nike-small: Nike Engage (52, 56, 60)
Putter: :seemore-small: SeeMore FGP Mallet
Ball: Vice Pro Soft

Bag: Puma Cart Bag

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FootJoy Hyperflex BOA

Dexterity: Right Handed

Handicap: 14

I have been using the chrome soft and the MTB lately. I feel like they are very similar, with the CS definitely feeling softer to me, but they spin about the same (as far as I can tell). I imagine the new vice ball will be very similar, looking forward to hearing our MGS testers response to that one. 

I am planning to taking a sleeve of DUO's (either Spin or U), e6 softs and probably the new Z-Star's out to do some testing once I can get out and play some rounds (the weather is finally nice and then I go and aggrevate an old knee injury and can't play!!!!!!). I am concerned the duo's will be too soft and the e6's won't spin like I want them to, but I am always willing to tinker. 

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

In the non-urethane category Supersoft was by far the best I've used.  Great ball.

WITB
Driver: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha udesign
Woods: :callaway-small: XR 3w, 7w
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX EZ Forged 2016 4-G
Wedge: :ping-small: Eye 2 Gorge S
Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 2-Ball Fang

Ball: :callaway-small: Supersoft 2017

I'm really interested in seeing what the testers think of the Vice Pro Soft. 

I actually ordered some and received them last week and . . . well . . was not very happy.  I wanted to love this ball but did not. 

First - the matte finish was a bit strange on a white ball and I'll be interested to hear what people think of it. 

Secondly, I didn't find it that soft.  It had a hard click off the irons and a bit of a dead feeling to it.  I played 9 holes w/ them, hitting Vice Pro's as well and ProV1's and TM TP5X . . . .and the Vice Pro Soft just didn't feel good. 

I was pretty disappointed and am returning most of the order.   Love the Vice Pro and had high hopes for the Pro Soft, but it just didn't do it for me. 

I'm going to try the DUO because I like a soft feeling ball. 

Kudos!

Chris

• Like 1

I picked up a couple of dozen of the new Bridgestone E6 Soft balls today and will check em out tomorrow. They had a sale at Dick's 2 for $40.00. I had a $10.00 reward certificate so a dozen for me and a dozen for my wife.

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56 / RTX-3 60
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Played the Wilson Duo a few years back but did not really enjoy playing with them, come 2017 and Srixon Q Star is an amazing soft ball, not as soft as the lower 50-60 compression balls, I think it's around 70's but the new Q Star's play great for my game.

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 & 4 hybrids regular shafts 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Are we considering the Q-Star a soft compression ball?

Always thought those performed well. That was my winter ball for a long time. Now I just use the Snell MTB all the time because it's amazing.  :D

Driver:     TM M5 Tour, Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65X

Fairway:   Callaway XHot Pro 3Deep 14.5*, UST Proforce V2 Tour 86X tipped .5"

Utility:      Tour Issue Adams IDEA Pro Black 18*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105X  (snagged this from a rep off the van and I'll never take it out of the bag)

Irons:       Mizuno MP-H4 3I, DG X100         Mizuno MP-59 4-PW, DG X100

Wedges:   Mizuno MP-T4 50*, DG S400       Vokey Spin Milled 55*, 60*

Putter:     Custom Evnroll ER2 Heavy

Ball:        Snell MTB-X

Bag/Cart: Ogio Itza/Clicgear 3.0

(I'm a bit of a ho and have a large closet worth of various other gems)

I just bought a dozen of the bridgestone e6 softs and the wilson duo spin's. Looking forward to getting out next weekend and seeing which I like better. I did a head-to-head chromesoft versus MTB last weekend and I learned a few things about myself. 

1. Love the softball. I was smacking the CS all over the place and loved hitting it. The MTB just didn't feel as good to me. 

2. Urethane covers are not as important to me as I had thought (or maybe hoped). Because I miss so many greens, I wasnt needing the extra spin to hold the green very often (that being said I got some good spin on the few times I was hitting wedge from the fairway). Those instances are just too few and far between to be all that useful. 

3. The trifecta of beer, cigars and golf makes my day.

• Like 2

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

My favorite soft ball is the Callaway Supersoft. in my experience i have found it to be practically indistinguishable from the Callaway Chrome Soft which is their tour quality ball. I was surprised to discover that the Supersoft is imported from China rather than being made at the old Top Flite plant.

Callaway Chrome Soft with the Bridgestone B330 RX as a close second.
​Winter ball is a Wilson DUO.  Great ball for the $$$.

I have found for balls is find what construction you like best, 2pc. 3pc, 4pc or 5pc and then try a different brands with in the construction that suites you best.

I've personally found for me I really like 3pcs ball construction and in those I've hit the Taylormade project A the best, compared to the Snell MTB and Callaway's chrome soft

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

I have tried a few "soft" balls. 

Wilson Duo, not bad, decent results, not enough spin to control.

Just bought some Duo Spin but haven't tried them yet.

Callaway Superhot 55. Like them, but no longer offered. Now it's Superhot 70.

Callaway SuperSoft Nice consistent ball.

Titleist TruSoft Like about the same as Callaway Supersoft.

Bridgestone e6. Not as soft as others, but overall feel and performance are #1 for me. They do want to go straight however and require a little effort for draw and fades.

Before I got older (now 67) was always a Titleist guy and still play Pro V1 in tournaments for maximum control and shot shaping (as best as I can anyway).

Bottom line for me, not an expert by any means, is the newer balls are all well manufactured and performance does not differ a whole lot for most of us average, mid to high handicap, golfers.

Arthur

Driver, Callaway Rogue
5W, Callaway Epic
7W, Titleist 915F
Irons, 4 - A TM RocketBladez
Wedges, 54, 58 Callaway Mac Daddy 4
Putter, Odyssey O-Works Black 3