pops

What soft ball do you prefer?

Our Sponsors

I recently picked up 2 dozen Srixon Soft Feel balls from Walmart for $14.95 each.

I really like this ball, very nice feel, decent distance (for me anyway).  I normally like the Titleist Velocity but, at this cost I may be changing balls.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

it's one of those things, where do you really need the performance in the ball you're using? If the Pinnacle is only giving you say 10-15 yards more off the tee then the Callaway but the Callaway gives you the ability to hold your shots on the green, then to me it's a no brainer.

You can always use a bit longer club if you need that extra 10-20 yards but if you have to take an extra shot by chipping again around the green, then that will add a lot of strokes to your game.

If you want a good read on balls and why to use ones with the high spin for the greens you should read up on Dean Snell, (Snell golf balls)

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

Played the Wilson Duo a few years back but did not really enjoy playing with them, come 2017 and Srixon Q Star is an amazing soft ball, not as soft as the lower 50-60 compression balls, I think it's around 70's but the new Q Star's play great for my game.

Played the new Q*Stars for a few holes yesterday. I found that I liked the feel off all the clubs. Didn't have as much greenside spin as a B330-RX but I liked the ball overall.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver:  :cobra-small: F8 10.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag:  :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics:Arccos:

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:

Wilson FG Tour is soft. Softer than a Pro V1. But not so soft you don't get feedback. I've only hit Cally Chrome soft once. And from what I remember it wasn't as soft as the Wilson. But that was a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bought a tester pack of the new Srixon Q-star tours and have been very impressed! I have really enjoyed the chrome soft (the truvis pattern even though I hate soccer) but I have found the q-star to be comparable in performance off of all clubs for me. The fact that I can save $10 is a bonus. 

As I mentioned, I have played the e6's and the duo spins as well. I just didn't enjoy them as much. Couldn't hold the green with either and the e6 definitely went firmer to me than the q-star or cs. I was getting a very high ball flight with the duo's, which I'm not the biggest fan of. I did enjoy the e6 off of the driver though, I definitely believe the hype as far as "straight distance" goes. 

And I know this may not be the performance of the ball, but I have had some great putting rounds using the q-star tour. When I played on the weekend I had 15 putts on the back 9, which I thought was excellent. I think the alignment aid is excellent and I just felt more confident with the way the ball came off the putter. I feel like it's always going in. 

• Like 1

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I have tried a lot of versions of a "soft ball" and I always tend to come back to the titlest trusoft. Gives great feel on and off the green and off the tee. It's no pro v but for a hacker like me i can only tell the difference on a full wedge shot cause of the spin

Tried the volvik vivid this year. Color really pops and for a soft ball i really enjoy it. Seems pretty slow off the putter though

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie)taylormade rsi 1 7 iron through aw, vokey sm5 54 and vokey sm4 58 standard length and lie

b. Driver specs (loft/flex)taylormade m2 reg flex fujikura pro 70 shaft out of m1 3 wood

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed)right

d. Where You Live waterloo iowa

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score 15 hdcp

I play the Taylormade Project (a) and love them.  Low spin but great feel.  Keeps me in the fairway and confident around the greens. 

What's in the Bag:

Driver - Callaway Razr 10.5 Stiff

FW - Callaway Razr X 3 Wood

Rescue - Taylormade Rocketballz 4 Rescue

Irons - Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15

Wedges - Titleist Vokey S4 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter - Odyssey Whitehot #2

www.golfcolony.blogspot.com

Twitter - @golfsweepstakes

Insta - @golfcolony