hahaha.....  I also get "don't they all do the same thing"  every time I get a new driver.  then she goes out and gets a new purse...... 

We have been married for 23 years.  We have instituted a "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy with sports equipment/golf clubs and Gardening Tools/new shoes..  

• Like 1

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• 4 years later...
On 3/31/2016 at 11:14 AM, PlaidJacket said:

I was talking to a buddy yesterday about drivers. He suggested with some certainty that my driver face will go dead after about two years or so. Huh? He couldn't backup his claim. I haven't researched it either. Does anyone believe this? Is there any proof either way that this happens? Or...is this just a golf myth?

I have got fitted for a Ping Max Driver 2021 , same shaft as I thought was the best shaft for me, but since my 4 year old Ping apeared to ave a slight crack in the face, we decided ai should upgrade.   It all worked well in the fitting station and it was flying well , but that was the head we used for fitting.  Then I take the same set up new  and it flys 20 yards less that the one I had used for the fitting ad it sounds dead.  In fact I still it the one with the slighly craked face much better with same shaft ?  Very confused .

I had my buddies was me make twenty swings and the new one had no pop to it.  Tried it several more times same result.  I like the clud and the shaft but somethiung is different ?  I think the head of have is faulty.  Is this possible ?  

I would go back to the fitter with the new club and compare it against the one you tested. If you purchased the club from the fitter he should swap the club head out for you if it is faulty. 

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

10 hours ago, Ping 440 max with a 65 said:

I have got fitted for a Ping Max Driver 2021 , same shaft as I thought was the best shaft for me, but since my 4 year old Ping apeared to ave a slight crack in the face, we decided ai should upgrade.   It all worked well in the fitting station and it was flying well , but that was the head we used for fitting.  Then I take the same set up new  and it flys 20 yards less that the one I had used for the fitting ad it sounds dead.  In fact I still it the one with the slighly craked face much better with same shaft ?  Very confused .

I had my buddies was me make twenty swings and the new one had no pop to it.  Tried it several more times same result.  I like the clud and the shaft but somethiung is different ?  I think the head of have is faulty.  Is this possible ?  

What are you measuring with on the course to determine how far it’s flying and to compare to what the distance was in the fitting? 

Are you comparing carry distance or total distance?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Could be a bad head; manufacturing processes aren’t perfect and have tolerances.  Go back to the fitter with both drivers and compare them side by side and explain what you are seeing on the course.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG