TESTERS WANTED! ×

Warrior Golf ......

josmi15

My wife told me that I received in the mail something for Warrior custom Golf, to get a free hybrid or wedge.  I'm happy with my current configuration, but I'm also intrigued on trying out something new.

Has anyone had any dealings with Warrior Golf?

I teach my kids, there's no such thing as a free lunch, and I've scanned this thing frontwards and backwards and I'm just not seeing it.   So I thought I'd trust the experts on this site here b4 I do anything stupid.

thanks,

-Josh

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

That bad, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

Rock on, thanks for the heads up! This was the type of stuff I was looking for when I joined the site!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

Not all deals from Warrior Custom Golf  are bad.

I have responded on several items(60* Wedge & 23* Hybrid) only paying the shipping, usually about $15.  They did not charge my cards for an entire set of clubs.....they did not require me to order a set of clubs....I simply told them I was not interested and maybe later....

As for the clubs, they are descent.  I am not an advocate of their unseemly marketing practices, but they are not always so unscrupulous.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ok, I love my Vokey wedges, my Cobra and Adams Hybrids. I'm just interested in trying out new stuff from time to time.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

Honestly I did the hybrid and wedge deal a few years ago. Basically they just call you alot trying to sell you other stuff and offer you "great deals." If you don't like telling people no thanks on the phone then don't bother. If you don't care however then there are worst ways to spend $30. I never used the wedge and sold it to a buddy for $20. The hybrid was actually the only one that I've ever liked at all. The shaft wasn't right for me but I hit that thing 240, high as hell with a 5 yard fade exactly where I wanted every time. Ended up giving it to my brother because he liked it and hit it well. 

Their clubs aren't total crap but their sales tactics are. Just my experience anyway.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Your Vokeys, Cobras, and Adams are all better than Warriors.  You can find lots of nice used clubs and forget the hassle.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I agree with Kenny. Why even go down that road? Life's too short to mess with stuff like that.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I received one of those postcards as well, just yesterday. I had heard of Warrior Golf, but have never personally received anything from them until yesterday. Because I was aware of them and somewhat how their process worked, it went straight to the trash. Definitely don't have time to mess with stuff like that, Plaidjacket.

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Thanks again gang, sometimes I just get thinking of new equipment. To the trash bin it goes.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

As others have said, I totally agree. They give used car salesman a good name lol

Tazz

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Actually we are still waiting for Barbajo to do a review on Warrior.

A long time ago before I knew any better I bit on the Hybrid.  I have to admit that it was fine for me and it was the first hybrid that I bagged for any length of time but the calls and the mail were too much so I moved from Wisconsin to Florida and joined MGS.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

sounds like giving them a fake phone number is the way to go

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

sounds like giving them a fake phone number is the way to go

Better is to give them the number of a friend and tell them that you get home from work around 2 AM. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Better is to give them the number of a friend and tell them that you get home from work around 2 AM. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Then they won't be your friend anymore.....LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

That's sounds like something I'd do!!! Thanks again all for the advice!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

• 2 weeks later...

You're right - there's no free lunch. The catch is that they want you to "review" equipment for which they will charge you market price. Yes, you will get the putter, wedge, wood, whatever they promised, but you will pay for it one way or another - shipping charges, built into the cost of the "test" equipment, etc. The other issue is once you get on their call list they never leave you alone. The equipment is not bad, but I would rather not be bothered. Just one man's opinion...

Lowerider, is that your actual car??? that is sweeeeeeeeeeeet, can you make a golf cart version????

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Yeah, I've been trashing them just as fast as I can!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

Warrior Golf that is one goofy company. I know one guy that bit on the deal and they would not leave him alone on the phone. We finally fixed them one day. They called while he was in the grill room and he said there is those aggrevating ###%%& again> I told him give me the phone> I answered it and told them that I was his son and that he was deceased but he loved his Warrior Hybrid so much that he had it cremated and put in the urn with him. Heard a gasp on the other line and the salesperson stammered "sorry" and then in the same breath said "well do you play golf? could I interest you?" I told him Golf you got to be kidding that is a game for sissies that my hobby is wrestling Alligators. They hung up then and he never got another call. I had the whole grill room howling with laughter.

When we had the golf shop some years ago a salesperson for Warrior came buy trying to hawk some of that stuff. Big John told him we were not interested. The guy talked us into doing a cosignment thing with 6 wedges we never signed any paperwork or anything. When we closed the shop we called the company in Florida and no one had a record of that salesman (we had his business card) or us receiving any clubs at all. John checked with his lawyer and since there were no papers signed there was no record of us having the clubs to begin with. We ended up donating them to my church for a ladies yard sale. That whole deal was goofy

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Still bothering me 10yrs later

LOL come on down to the Grand Strand and hand me your phone when they call and I will make up something

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It definitely feels the right thing to do is ignore

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

PING G30 5-PW

EVNROLL ER-3

Is that myrtle beach?

Yep I live 10 miles south of Dirty Myrtle in Garden City Beach. This whole area from Georgetown to the NC line up north is known collectively as the Grand Strand area

G

• 3 weeks later...

Warrior clubs are solid, I liked their old Tomahawk irons the best and still use them when I am in Florida, thanks to the ability to leave them at my Aunts.  I replaced a substandard set of Taylor Made R7 Tour irons with the Warriors.  Warrior blew Taylor Made out of the water at the time.  Their hybrids were ok and so were the fairway woods.  If you want to tinker with a club for 15 bucks go for it.  Just can't be afraid to say no when you don't want anything else.  They are also made in the USA!!!  Which is why I gave them a shot in the first place.

Archived